CHarvey80

Aug and after I-130 Petitions (NBC Filers)

25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

i feel sincerely lucky that i get to spend so much time w my husband but i also hate not really living anywhere.

i dont live in canada. i just visit for a few months at a time.

i dont have a place of my own in the states. i sleep w my sister or on the pull out at my moms.

i want my husbands process to be over so i can feel like i actually live somewhere.

and make 400 more per month =)

oldlady.gif

i feel sincerely lucky that i get to spend so much time w my husband but i also hate not really living anywhere.

i dont live in canada. i just visit for a few months at a time.

i dont have a place of my own in the states. i sleep w my sister or on the pull out at my moms.

i want my husbands process to be over so i can feel like i actually live somewhere.

and make 400 more per month =)

I agree with this so much. I came back to the States and have to live with roommates for the time being because I want to wait to find OUR house together once he gets here.

Merrrrrr...

10/25/10 .. Met in Auckland, NZ

09/05/12 .. Got Married in Santa Barbara, CA

USCIS:

09/26/12 .. I-130 Sent

10/07/12 .. I-130 Returned. Checkmarks did not print. Doh!

10/15/12 .. I-130 Sent AGAIN

10/19/12 .. NOA1 date

11/20/12 .. File was transferred to my "local field office" (Seattle)

12/14/12 .. Touch! Officially online!

01/22/13 .. NOA2 date (95 days)

NVC:

01/28/13 .. NVC receives case

02/11/13 .. Case number assigned

02/12/13 .. AOS bill paid

02/14/13 .. AOS bill shown PAID

02/14/13 .. AOS packet sent

02/26/13 .. AOS Checklist received

02/26/13 .. IV bill paid

02/26/13 .. IV packet and AOS Checklist packet sent

03/06/13 .. IV bill shown PAID

03/08/13 .. IV Checklist sent

03/25/13 .. 2nd AOS Checklist sent

04/04/13 .. Case Complete

Consulate:

04/16/13 .. Medical

05/21/13 .. Interview: Approved!

Timeline

I agree with this so much. I came back to the States and have to live with roommates for the time being because I want to wait to find OUR house together once he gets here.

Merrrrrr...

i try not to think about it but it always ends up spilling out at some point

it really is such a terrible feeling

oldlady.gif

And we are simply asking you to be respectful as well. Did you know that DCF and filers from abroad were being approved in under a week in some cases before NBC?

So what does it mean to be a DCF?

Anyways, I find this all good reading on VJ. (Complain, whine,judge, ask questions, provide answers, and help others.) I think coming onto this site daily has help me learn the process, get more knowledgeable, and best of all, it is nice to have MENTAL SUPPORT to know that there are people like me and my hubby experiencing the same things. So thank you!

I know it will be a long ways for us since it has ONLY been 53 days since our PD day. Staying positive and planning to visit him again in the Spring time have help me stay a little sane. But it IS TOUGH...but I won't whine or complain here; just to my hubby! :yes:

Good luck everyone!

Timeline

So what does it mean to be a DCF?

Anyways, I find this all good reading on VJ. (Complain, whine,judge, ask questions, provide answers, and help others.) I think coming onto this site daily has help me learn the process, get more knowledgeable, and best of all, it is nice to have MENTAL SUPPORT to know that there are people like me and my hubby experiencing the same things. So thank you!

I know it will be a long ways for us since it has ONLY been 53 days since our PD day. Staying positive and planning to visit him again in the Spring time have help me stay a little sane. But it IS TOUGH...but I won't whine or complain here; just to my hubby! :yes:

Good luck everyone!

direct consular filing. you file at the embassy abroad.

oldlady.gif

K1 wants to get in, this post, very interesting. Just wanna say WE ARE ONE in this site.I think sometimes some information, views are misinterpreted,.. why? maybe because we are already stressed being away with the person we love, one sec or one min feels already like a year to us. So aside from understanding our service centers family, we need to understand more our vj's family.I've known my fiance since 2004, since then, we only spend time when he visits Phils. My annulment took so long, i felt down so many times before, but he always there to cheer me up and always see the bright side of everything.We've passed the 8 years of waiting, and for sure we can hang on for a little more months.

I love you Glenn ( my funny handsome Kentucky guy).! i will wait forever if forever means YOU.

"All my life, without a doubt i give you, all my life, now and forever till the day i die, you and i will share" By: America
                                                               == I am the beneficiary==
AOS - K1 & K2
03-04-2014 ( Day 01) - Mailed
03-06-2014 ( Day 02) - Received
03-17-2014 ( Day 13) - Text and E-mail Notification at 12:50 am
03-21-2014 ( Day 17) - Received I-797C NOA (AOS, AP & EAD) hard copies - 6 mails
03-24-2014 ( Day 20) - Received I-797C NOA (ASC Appointment Notice/ Biometrics schedule) - 2 mails
04-09-2014 ( Day 36) - Biometrics Schedule @ 10&11am
05-30-2014 ( Day 87) - Received EAD combo card (K2 only)
06-09-2014 ( Day 97) - I 485 ( both k1 & k2 ) - Card / Document Production (no interview)
06-12-2014 ( Day 100)- I 485 ( both k1 & k2 ) - Mailed the new card
06-14-2014 ( Day 102)- GC ( both K1 & k2) - Received

Done.

ROC - K1 & K2

03-17-2016 ( Day 01) - Mailed

03-22-2016 ( Day 05) - NOA1

04-19-2016 ( Day 27) - Biometrics Appt. ( only K1 admitted, no K2 Bio Appt. letter received)

03-13-2017 ( Day 328) - Received Biometrics Appt. letter for K2 ( yes, almost a year of waiting!) Scheduled for March 22, 2017

03-22-2017 ( Day 337) - Biometrics Appt. (K2)

04-19-2017 ( Day 364)- USCIS status changed from "Case Was Received" to "Name Updated" (Only the K1 case)

04-26-2017 ( Day 371)-  USCIS status changed from " Name Updated" to "New Card Is Being Produced" ( both K1 and K2 app)

05-01-2017 ( Day 376)-   USCIS status changed from "New Card Is Being Produced" to "Card Was Mailed To Me" ( K2 case)

05-02-2017 ( Day 377)-   USCIS status changed from "New Card Is Being Produced" to "Card Was Mailed To Me" ( K1 case)

05-04-2017 ( Day 379)-  Received GC in the mail ( K2)

05-05-2017 ( Day 380)-  Received GC in the mail ( K1)

Done.

Naturalization

03-10-2017 ( Day 01) - Mailed

03-21-2017 ( Day 11) - Received Text and Email Notification

03-25-2017 ( Day 15) - Received NOA hardcopy

03-27-2017 ( Day 17) - USCIS website status changed " Fingerprint Appointment Was Scheduled"

04-12-2017 ( Day 33) - Biometrics/ Fingerprints & stamped passports for another 1 yr extension.

05-15-2017 ( Day 66) - "In Line for Interview" updated website status

05-17-2017 ( Day 68) - " Interview Was Scheduled" updated website status

05-25-2017 ( Day 76) - Received  the interview letter

06-26-2017 ( Day 108) - Interview Schedule

08-03-2017 ( Day 147)- Received notification online "Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed"

...If you are being processed at the NBC then congrats, you got yourself a short cut so be thankful and suffer a little more silently for the 56-90 days you are apart from your loved one...

Lol, have you not realized that posters tossing these numbers around is creating the problem? You're not helping, lol!!

When people see these posts that NBC is going to approve their petition in 90 or 60 days or less, of course they're going to get upset when it doesn't happen. Sure there were a lot of approvals under 90 or 60 days, but I think it was giving VJers false hope to say that will be the case in general. It's not. I can think of maybe a dozen off the top of my head who were transferred to NBC in August and still haven't heard anything. We're not all boohooing either.

You have to factor in local offices being involved and not say all of us Aug 15th and after filers will be processed in the same amount of time.

USCIS: 307 days from NOA1 to NOA2 (no RFE's)

15JUN2012 USC married in Côte d'Ivoire
13AUG2012 I-130 sent by FedEx to Chicago
15AUG2012 I-130 packet delivered to mailroom, per FedEx.com
18AUG2012 NOA1, rcvd SMS & email saying case is routed to Vermont Service Center, later rcvd by snail mail
21AUG2012 the date on next I-797C received only by snail mail, says petition transferred to Lee's Summit,MO
28AUG2012 "touch" (website shows case was updated)
03OCT2012 the date casefile was sent to Atlanta, per phone call with ISO
01FEB2013 infopass at Atlanta, casefile has not even been assigned to anyone yet!

21JUN2013 NOA2, email received! USCIS website is updated! No SMS was received.

Letter rcvd later by snail mail from NBC, Lee's Summit, MO; however, I know file was adjudicated in Atlanta.

NVC:

11JUL2013 the date NVC says they received our file

19JUL2013 called and got Case # and IIN #, gave email addresses

22JUL2013 received DS-3032 and AOS invoice by email, mailed DS-3032

Lol, have you not realized that posters tossing these numbers around is creating the problem? You're not helping, lol!!

When people see these posts that NBC is going to approve their petition in 90 or 60 days or less, of course they're going to get upset when it doesn't happen. Sure there were a lot of approvals under 90 or 60 days, but I think it was giving VJers false hope to say that will be the case in general. It's not. I can think of maybe a dozen off the top of my head who were transferred to NBC in August and still haven't heard anything. We're not all boohooing either.

You have to factor in local offices being involved and not say all of us Aug 15th and after filers will be processed in the same amount of time.

SO TRUE. The cases that were processed within 90 days are only those cases that were processed within 90 days. The vast majority of us are still waiting, and I've personally been waiting 85 days. According to you I'm lucky because my I-130 will get approved next week; in fact I'm no luckier than the four fifths of MSC(NBC) I-130 filers who filed on the same date as me but are still waiting. Don't forget that our applications were sent to local offices and that the local offices are dragging their heels. This timeline ####### is misleading and unhelpful; it said three days ago that I should have been approved by December 28, and this morning it said I should have been approved before Christmas! I wish someone would change the algorithm to include people who have not been approved yet.

Edited by speedwell

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

SO TRUE. The cases that were processed within 90 days are only those cases that were processed within 90 days. The vast majority of us are still waiting, and I've personally been waiting 85 days. According to you I'm lucky because my I-130 will get approved next week; in fact I'm no luckier than the four fifths of MSC(NBC) I-130 filers who filed on the same date as me but are still waiting. Don't forget that our applications were sent to local offices and that the local offices are dragging their heels. This timeline ####### is misleading and unhelpful; it said three days ago that I should have been approved by December 28, and this morning it said I should have been approved before Christmas! I wish someone would change the algorithm to include people who have not been approved yet.

Sorry, Treva, I was replying to the person you replied to instead of you. Generally feeling frustrated this morning because we are getting close to the day when my husband has to return to the UK after his all-too-short visit, and I'm not feeling so stable on my own. :help: But he says it will all work out, that there is no reason to think otherwise, and I believe he is right. :yes:

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

My 2 cents...

You don't like it, don't read it. Simple as that :)

You took the words out of my mouth, I think that everyone has a right to express how they feel, for some people they dont have any other outlet so why not let them have their say?

Met 10/2009Married 9/13/2012 in indiaFiled I-130 12/4/2012Assigned MSC case # 12/6/20122/14/2013 called uscis and on 1/30/2013 case moved from MSC to Chicago local office.4/17/2013 letter from senator durbin's office that a inquiry will be made on my case and to allow 30-60 days6/7/2013 NOA2 !!!!! while I am visiting my baby!!!!7/12/2013 letter from senator and copy of USCIS email to them stated our case heading to NVC 7/23/2013 NVC # assigned!!!!!!7/25/2013 called for Invoice identification number and had them add yash's email( Yash sent DS3032 via email nex day)7/29/2013 rec'd email from NVC with DS3032 and AOS invoice, paid today $88 mailed hardcopy of DS 30328/1/2013 AOS pkg mail via fed ex8/6/2013 AOS rec'd @NVC8/12/2013 DS3032 accepted IV invoiced8/15/2013 IV fed ex'd9/9/13 dreaded checklist asking for DS260 b/c DS230 obsolete<p>9/11/13 electronic submission of DS260 accepted
9/17/2013 called NVC case was completed as of today

10/1/2013 rec'd interview letter and date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/4/2013 INTERVIEW

RESULT....APPROVED!!!

11/12/2013 email to pick up visa!!!

09/09/15-12/2016 ROC +interview= appproved in over a year

12/21/2016 fedex'd N-400 application and per fedex was rec'd

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.