CHarvey80

Aug and after I-130 Petitions (NBC Filers)

25 posts in this topic

I just wanted to voice my opinion on this. Kinda of feel like I am talking to a younger sibling.

All of you that have have been transferred from VSC or CSC to the NBC need to learn to relax. Keep in mind that there are still people from April and May on this site that haven't been approved. While I understand it isn't your fault that you are being processed else where, it is extremely disrespectful and thoughtless to be complaining because your petition wasn't approved in less then 2 months. Give me a break!! Suck it up and deal with it! Most everyone else is waiting 200+ days currently and they haven't seen their loved ones, in some cases, more then once since they sent in their petition.

If you are being processed at the NBC then congrats, you got yourself a short cut so be thankful and suffer a little more silently for the 56-90 days you are apart from your loved one. We all know it sucks. But having someone from April that is still waiting and reading you complain about the fact the that it has been a entire month and you still aren't approved is BS. Like I said before, suck it up! Try putting that energy into supporting the people that have filed before you and are still waiting and in getting ready for your loved one coming home.

Just my two cents.

Relationship and I-130 Process

Sometime in October, 2011: We met online talking about Argentina.
Later in October: Met in person in Philadelphia and became good friends.
March 4, 2012: Became girlfriend and boyfriend, officially.
March 21: Gloria leaves the US at the end of her J-1 Visa.
April 9: Got engaged!
May 12-26: Chris visits Buenos Aires.
May 18: Got married in Argentina :) Happy day!!
May 29: Sent out I-130
June 4: NOA1 received.
August 17-20: Chris visits again.
September 22-29: Chris 3rd visit, Gloria's birthday!
November 11-January 5: Chris stays in Argentina almost 2 months, Gloria is happy!
December 28: NOA2 YAY!!!
December 31: Package received at NVC.
January 18, 2013: Got case # and IIN.
February 6: Case complete!!
February 11: Interview assigned.
February 25: Package received at Embassy in Buenos Aires.
March 18: Interview Approved!!
March 28: Visa received.
March 29: Houston POE

April 11: received greencard!!!!!!!

January 9, 2015: sent out form I-751

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I agree wholeheartedly. Day after day after day I come here only see people who literally just filed their petitions within the last few months complain about how long their process is taking. Crying and boohooing that they have been waiting a lifetime, and how slow the service centers are moving. There are several people who filed in Jan, Feb, March and April,even a few from November and December of 2011 who still don't have NOA2. Or how about people who have gone through the entire process to the interview at the consulate,only to be told that their case requires further administrative processing. Sitting week after week, month after month, in some cases a year or more not knowing when or if their SO will receive a visa. These are the people IMHO who should be the ones complaining, yet most of them wait patiently, emailing their elected officials for help or insight, calling the consulates for any information they are willing to give, calling the DOS week after week hoping their case status has changed and their case is finally out of AP and their visas have been issued. This site has turned into nothing but a site for cry baby drama queens.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am being transferred to NBC from Vermont since september 13th, which is only a week from now to make it 4 months. whereas many are approved within 2 months, though i am anxious as i can't wait to be approve. but to what you said that those anxious should relax just because they just submitted or they are still new, thats not the case. everybody has the right to be anxious about his or her petition because we all want the best thing for ourselves , and everybody want to be with he or her lover/partner very fast, nobody is happy with how some are being delayed, but what we have to do to that. whether you relax or anxious or support others, it will never make you get approve early or those people get approve because we are not USCIS, what i will just say is that may GOD help us all and make us get approve fast both for the new petitioners and the old one. we all want good things and want to see our loved ones

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Posted Today, 10:11 PM

I agree wholeheartedly. Day after day after day I come here only see people who literally just filed their petitions within the last few months complain about how long their process is taking. Crying and boohooing that they have been waiting a lifetime, and how slow the service centers are moving. There are several people who filed in Jan, Feb, March and April,even a few from November and December of 2011 who still don't have NOA2. Or how about people who have gone through the entire process to the interview at the consulate,only to be told that their case requires further administrative processing. Sitting week after week, month after month, in some cases a year or more not knowing when or if their SO will receive a visa. These are the people IMHO who should be the ones complaining, yet most of them wait patiently, emailing their elected officials for help or insight, calling the consulates for any information they are willing to give, calling the DOS week after week hoping their case status has changed and their case is finally out of AP and their visas have been issued. This site has turned into nothing but a site for cry baby drama queens.

Everybody has the right to his or her petition and want the best . Is very sad and disheartened to hear that people from December 2011 up till may 2012 have not received there Noa 2 and i am always praying to God to be of help to them and for God to fasten it all but that does not mean we that are new comers does not have the right to do it. Nobody want to spend many months waiting, even if you ask those that have been waiting for long time, they will tell you that they never expect to wait up till now. so its nobody fault. its the fault of USCIS because they are very slow, but what do we have to do than to wait.so to those being approved very fast, I must say they are very lucky and blessed, all what we want is to be among those that will be approve very fast and i must confess , am checking my status everyday and i can't even wait to get an approval now that is going to 4 months with the NBC and i have missed my Hubby so much .To those waiting for approval since many months ago, I pray that you will receive your Noa 2 very soon by God grace. Amen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

My 2 cents...

You don't like it, don't read it. Simple as that :)

USCIS

08/13/2012: I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox from Jordan (Nahda Office)

08/21/2012: NOA1

8/21/2012 : NOA1 Hardcopy

8/28/2012 : 1-797C Action Transferred to NBC (Assuming sent to Atlanta Local office...but no telling)

O9/4/2012 : Last touched.

2/26/2013 : Infopass with Atlanta (confirmed file is there and no action yet. To be started in March)

03/18/2013 : 2nd Infopass (No review or processing of any stand-alone I-130s for 60-90 days. URGHHHHHHHHHH)

04/6/2013: NOA2 (228 days from NOA1)

NVC

05/10/13 USCIS Atlanta letter to me confirms this date as sent to NVC

05/20/13 NVC Received Case (Waiting on case number)
06/7/2013 NVC case number assinged
06/7/2013 Choice of agent complete now awaiting fees

Gave up tracking when I left overseas...but we are almost done biggrin.png!

TERMINATED SEPTEMBER 27, 2012.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I'm retaining my rights to complain. Being sent to NBC means that I get screwed over as a foreign filer. Petitions sent to CSC or VSC this past Spring were being approved in DAYS and we are patiently waiting for months.

Also, I waited over 6 months for an I-129F approval....we started this process back at the beginning of May. (I've got no one but myself to blame for dropping it and getting married, but alas, I know what it is like to wait).

Do you know I cringe when I read of a DCF approval? Cringe. It is really terribly unfair that I am stuck in Denmark for longer and longer while some happy little couple who decided to settle across the North Sea in England just breezes right by us (as a dual American/British citizen this hurts extra bad).

So what if you've been waiting 200+ days, we've all waited and we've all been separated at one point or another. Do you know how much I wished my husband could have been there as my father laid dying in my house and how much I wished he could of been at his funeral with me while we waited on his I-129F/K1? Don't try and guilt trip me. :blink:

I need to be back in America for my mental and physical health and you seem to think that NBC is some sort of blessing. LOL! I'd kill for VSC or CSC to be processing my case.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

I need to be back in America for my mental and physical health and you seem to think that NBC is some sort of blessing. LOL! I'd kill for VSC or CSC to be processing my case.

:thumbs:

USC married to Palestinian lived in Doha, Qatar for seven years, in the USA since July 2013 with an eight year old and a two year old smile.png

USCIS - 37 days
12.13.12: Sent I-130 from abroad
12.16.12: Delivered to Chicago Lock Box
12.19.12: NOA1 - E-mail, MSC number
12.21.12: Case showed up online
01.25.13: NOA2
01.30.13: Email from USCIS - Post Decision Activity - Case sent to NVC
NVC - 28 Days
02.05.13: NVC Received
02.22.13: Case/IIN Received

AOS Track
02.26.13: AOS bill invoiced
02.27.13: Pay AOS bill
03.06.13: AOS bill shows PAID
03.07.13: AOS package sent

IV Track
02.23.13: DS-3032 sent
03.03.13: DS-3032 re-sent for Supervisor Review
03.04.13: DS-3032 accepted
03.06.13: First DS-3032 accepted!
03.05.13: IV bill invoiced
03.06.13: Pay IV bill
03.07.13: IV bill shows PAID
03.07.13: IV package sent

03.11.13: AOS and IV Packages delivered to NVC
03.20.13: IV Package Accepted
03.22.13: Case complete
03.29.13: Interview scheduled - Email
04.02.13: Case left NVC
Consulate
04.04.13: Case received
04.08.13 - Medical
04.28.13 - Interview - Approved

05.02.13 - Visa In Hand
07.21.13 - POE (Washington D.C.)

Gearing up to apply for Naturalization in April 2016!

So what if you've been waiting 200+ days, we've all waited and we've all been separated at one point or another. Do you know how much I wished my husband could have been there as my father laid dying in my house and how much I wished he could of been at his funeral with me while we waited on his I-129F/K1? Don't try and guilt trip me. :blink:

I think we are all getting a little emotional here. Nobody is attacking you, so relax, please. I'm sorry for your situation, specially with your dad, but we all have issues. Let's don't get personal. I feel like this post was misinterpreted. Everyone should get their approval as soon as possible, but those that just have started the process- and yes, if you filed in November you just got started- should try to understand that they are getting lucky. You said it yourself, after you figured out that you didn't want to move on with the I- 129, that wasn't only in process but also APPROVED you decided to file for an I- 130 and are expecting an approval before January 2013 ends. That would be 2 months between NOA1 and NOA2! And you want to get transferred to VSC?? Their estimate for an approval is now almost 7 months! So please, I really don't see why you have any reason to complain. Again, all of you should get your approval, the sooner the better, but please, just be thankful and don't whine when you are barely waiting. And yes, two months is nothing next to the seven months the rest of us have been waiting. I'll say this one more time, I hope you don't feel that I'm holding something against you, because I don't know you and your case doesn't affect mine, I'm just asking for people to be respectful. Waiting sucks, but when you have to wait less than people that filed way before you, that's luck, so just feel happy about it and don't rub it on our faces.

Hope you make it back home soon, good luck on your journey!

November 11-January 5: Chris stays in Argentina almost 2 months, Gloria is happy!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I think we are all getting a little emotional here. Nobody is attacking you, so relax, please. I'm sorry for your situation, specially with your dad, but we all have issues. Let's don't get personal. I feel like this post was misinterpreted. Everyone should get their approval as soon as possible, but those that just have started the process- and yes, if you filed in November you just got started- should try to understand that they are getting lucky. You said it yourself, after you figured out that you didn't want to move on with the I- 129, that wasn't only in process but also APPROVED you decided to file for an I- 130 and are expecting an approval before January 2013 ends. That would be 2 months between NOA1 and NOA2! And you want to get transferred to VSC?? Their estimate for an approval is now almost 7 months! So please, I really don't see why you have any reason to complain. Again, all of you should get your approval, the sooner the better, but please, just be thankful and don't whine when you are barely waiting. And yes, two months is nothing next to the seven months the rest of us have been waiting. I'll say this one more time, I hope you don't feel that I'm holding something against you, because I don't know you and your case doesn't affect mine, I'm just asking for people to be respectful. Waiting sucks, but when you have to wait less than people that filed way before you, that's luck, so just feel happy about it and don't rub it on our faces.

Hope you make it back home soon, good luck on your journey!

And we are simply asking you to be respectful as well. Did you know that DCF and filers from abroad were being approved in under a week in some cases before NBC? So it has gone from 1-2 weeks or even a months to at least 2 months or more. Had I known that before I filed I might have made some very different decisions regarding my residency in Denmark.

I'll continue to complain and so will everyone else as this NBC thing is very random and stressful to many here. Why not avoid the threads if you don't like them?

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Im not sure how people who are at the NBC can know what fair is. We have been learning the process and timelines as it goes. Its a different thing than the CSC and VSC. It can be unfair to people who would normally progress faster, sure. And there are people who have to wait a long time, some with RFEs, some with countries with high fraud, or some with difficult backgrounds. People from VSC complain about people from CSC and vice versa when the workload delays approvals. I believe theres a Rolling Stone song about all this.. :whistle:

It sucks to be apart from those you love, but it is not unfair. You could go be with them, and if you are with them abroad, you are already among the lucky ones. I COULD go to NZ and be with my husband but I know that this sacrifice is for the best (in our lives personally). And honestly I should have read about DCF or spouse abroad filing before coming back to the States to file, but c'est la vie.

This board isn't about comparing who gets the raw deal and who gets lucky, its about sharing information and helping others move through this process as quickly as possible. So I agree, OP, those at the MSC need to be more patient. I am also sick of seeing people read about one or two cases where the approval was under 60 days and thinking that should have been them.

As I tell my husband every day, this will be the most difficult and trying part of our marriage and when its over, I get to have him by my side again. Nothing worth having is ever easy :blush:

10/25/10 .. Met in Auckland, NZ

09/05/12 .. Got Married in Santa Barbara, CA

USCIS:

09/26/12 .. I-130 Sent

10/07/12 .. I-130 Returned. Checkmarks did not print. Doh!

10/15/12 .. I-130 Sent AGAIN

10/19/12 .. NOA1 date

11/20/12 .. File was transferred to my "local field office" (Seattle)

12/14/12 .. Touch! Officially online!

01/22/13 .. NOA2 date (95 days)

NVC:

01/28/13 .. NVC receives case

02/11/13 .. Case number assigned

02/12/13 .. AOS bill paid

02/14/13 .. AOS bill shown PAID

02/14/13 .. AOS packet sent

02/26/13 .. AOS Checklist received

02/26/13 .. IV bill paid

02/26/13 .. IV packet and AOS Checklist packet sent

03/06/13 .. IV bill shown PAID

03/08/13 .. IV Checklist sent

03/25/13 .. 2nd AOS Checklist sent

04/04/13 .. Case Complete

Consulate:

04/16/13 .. Medical

05/21/13 .. Interview: Approved!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Im not sure how people who are at the NBC can know what fair is. We have been learning the process and timelines as it goes. Its a different thing than the CSC and VSC. It can be unfair to people who would normally progress faster, sure. And there are people who have to wait a long time, some with RFEs, some with countries with high fraud, or some with difficult backgrounds. People from VSC complain about people from CSC and vice versa when the workload delays approvals. I believe theres a Rolling Stone song about all this.. :whistle:

It sucks to be apart from those you love, but it is not unfair. You could go be with them, and if you are with them abroad, you are already among the lucky ones. I COULD go to NZ and be with my husband but I know that this sacrifice is for the best (in our lives personally). And honestly I should have read about DCF or spouse abroad filing before coming back to the States to file, but c'est la vie.

This board isn't about comparing who gets the raw deal and who gets lucky, its about sharing information and helping others move through this process as quickly as possible. So I agree, OP, those at the MSC need to be more patient. I am also sick of seeing people read about one or two cases where the approval was under 60 days and thinking that should have been them.

As I tell my husband every day, this will be the most difficult and trying part of our marriage and when its over, I get to have him by my side again. Nothing worth having is ever easy :blush:

i think i should have an approval in 60 days.

but dont worry i wontpost about it.

...oh wait...

oldlady.gif

i think i should have an approval in 60 days.

but dont worry i wontpost about it.

...oh wait...

Ha! Im at Day 75 and see no movement in the Seattle office (according to these boards). Soooooo.. yeah I have to hope that my 'patience is a virtue' attitude wins out over going to the Seattle office and firing Nerf darts at adjudicators! Work, work, damn you!

(she says in the most non-complaining tone ever :innocent: )

10/25/10 .. Met in Auckland, NZ

09/05/12 .. Got Married in Santa Barbara, CA

USCIS:

09/26/12 .. I-130 Sent

10/07/12 .. I-130 Returned. Checkmarks did not print. Doh!

10/15/12 .. I-130 Sent AGAIN

10/19/12 .. NOA1 date

11/20/12 .. File was transferred to my "local field office" (Seattle)

12/14/12 .. Touch! Officially online!

01/22/13 .. NOA2 date (95 days)

NVC:

01/28/13 .. NVC receives case

02/11/13 .. Case number assigned

02/12/13 .. AOS bill paid

02/14/13 .. AOS bill shown PAID

02/14/13 .. AOS packet sent

02/26/13 .. AOS Checklist received

02/26/13 .. IV bill paid

02/26/13 .. IV packet and AOS Checklist packet sent

03/06/13 .. IV bill shown PAID

03/08/13 .. IV Checklist sent

03/25/13 .. 2nd AOS Checklist sent

04/04/13 .. Case Complete

Consulate:

04/16/13 .. Medical

05/21/13 .. Interview: Approved!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

when im in the states with my husband i get a 6k dollar raise.

so ive decided that im allowed to be annoyed since i have an extra 400 per month just out of reach.

gimme gimme!

oldlady.gif

Wow, it seems like everybody have something to say about this topic. It is a touchy situation, and it gets worse as time goes by. I'm sorry if I offended anybody with my comment. I guess all this waiting is driving me a little crazy and impatient, plus, my husband is on a plane right now going back home and I don't know when I'll see him again. Nola, from the bottom of my heart, I hope things move forward for you. You are very lucky, since even though you are waiting, you have your husband with you and that is a blessing in itself.

It seems like we use this site the wrong way sometimes and it's easy to complain because we all feel entitled too. I'll follow your advice, Nola, and I'm dedicating from now on to read what I care about and skip threads I don't agree with.

Good luck to all of you and hope you get to be with your loved ones soon!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.