AMT7565

Vermont processing timelines: Very frustrating!

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

VSC reminds me of Vogons...

youtube.com/watch?v=cbN1NaQ7yQI

Signed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public inquiry, lost again and finally buried in soft peat for three months...

sj6um8.png

Filed: Timeline

VSC reminds me of Vogons...

youtube.com/watch?v=cbN1NaQ7yQI

Signed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public inquiry, lost again and finally buried in soft peat for three months...

Hello and regards,

The further they get behind the closer they are to speeding up, that much is for certain

Regards and sincerely

the nascar fan

Edited by nascarfan

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

we have almost the same NOA1 date! :)

Yes I noticed that too, lol. So it's a race now. I wish you all the very best.

Cheers.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I have an NOA1 date of July-5th, 2012.

Now it has been 6 months and still nothing. I have tried calling tier-2 officers and all they say is there is a backlog.

Prior to today, Vermont center was processing applications dated May-28th as of Oct-30th.

Today there has been another update as of Nov-30th, but the dates are for June-4th. So even with a 1 month progress, has the center only processed a week's worth of applications?

At this rate, I wonder when our papers will come through. Very frustrating!

AMT

I waited exactly 7 months in couple days. I filed on June 1, received NOA2 on Jan4 2013. Your NOA2 is around the corner.

:)

Edited by SFJMB

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I was a Jan 2012 filer and mine was 133 days, but... there were a couple of others that were 35-45 days and some went 200 days. Just be patient (I know it is difficult and very frustrating) and it'll happen soon.

Warmest Regards and prayers.

Congrats! :dance:

i just hope they do speed up. this process is really testing my patience and the frustration is eating me... :wacko:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all - the NOA2 was approved today. Took 6 months and 5 days. Thanks for everyone's support and encouragement. Special thanks to Visajourney!

Congrats!

July 09, 2012 - Sent in application for I-129f petition for K1 Visa
Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
Feb. 23, 2013 - Visa received
March 31, 2013 - POE
April 12, 2013 - Wedding! (41213 prime!)

May 02, 2013 - Sent off AOS, EAD, AP package

May 04, 2013 - Package arrived at Chicago lockbox

May 22, 2013 - Early walk in Biometrics, Alexandria VA

June 03, 2013 - RFE for AOS

June 17, 2013 - RFE response received

July 05, 2013 - EAD and AP approved

July 10, 2013 - EAD card production

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I filed mid-June. Was hoping to have New Years in Russia.. I only called VSC twice.. Both time I was told, its in processing, and we don't give time frames anymore... Then in December, I received email and letter of approval... I was surprised because I didn't even know someone was looking at my file (no touch)..

So hang in there... I hope you will be surprised/relieved very soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yup,that's VSC for ya!! Oh and just for gags they updated their current processing time to 6.2 months. Awesome,huh???? (TONE: Very Very sarcastic). VERY.

This is me right now :ranting::protest::cry: and last but not least (what I've been doing the past 5 & a half months... :clock:

Lord help us!!!!

You are so right.. :clock: In the meantime, everyone should try stay to calm. And to gather all your supported documents together to send to your significant other. If we keep worrying, we going to drive ourselves crazy.

01/05/2013 - Sent duplicate I-129F packet

07/10/2013 - Received NOA2 email

07/22/2013 - NVC assigned number

08/12/2013 - Received Interview Date

09/13/2013 - Inteview Date (APPROVED)

10/30/2013 - US Arrival

11/29/2013 - Married

01/25/2014 - Filed I-485, I-131 & I-765

02/25/2014 - Biometrics

04/02/2014 - Received approval text for EAD/AP

04/10/2014 - Received EAD/AP card

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

my fiance filed the petition on 23rd august so reading these comments gives me an idea that its going to be around late feb or early march with the xmas break taken into account,a little more time to sell my home i suppose :help:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

my fiance filed the petition on 23rd august so reading these comments gives me an idea that its going to be around late feb or early march with the xmas break taken into account,a little more time to sell my home i suppose :help:

Hi,what does your receipt number begin with? The first 3 letters? I ask this because far as I know,all files that were sent in after August 15th were transferred to the National Benefits Center & are getting approved in about 3 months. I don't know if it applies to you; you may be luckier than you think.

All the best in the rest of your journey :thumbs:

You are so right.. :clock: In the meantime, everyone should try stay to calm. And to gather all your supported documents together to send to your significant other. If we keep worrying, we going to drive ourselves crazy.

Trying our very best to remain calm & sane. It's definitely taking a toll on me,though. 3 more days to 6 months. I think the only thing keeping me from losing it is having my husband with me. And also LOTS of praying.

04EPel7.jpg04EPp3.png

xU4Op3.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.