kittytv

NEED ADVICES FOR USING ASSETS TO MEET REQUIREMENT INCOME!!!!

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Vietnam
Timeline

i am sponsoring my parents. My family is 4, plus my parents i need 38,712 to meet the requirement. But we only make around 36,000 this year. Should i use my assets ( house or car) or show banking accounts? which one would be easier for them to think i have enough to sponsor my parents? and how much do u think i should have in assets or banking accounts?

Thank you very much for any advices, anyone has faced with this PROBLEM before? my case are almost 5 months at NBC now. WORRY!!!!:(

You'll need 5x the difference in assets. They must be things you could easily and quickly turn into cash without undue hardship on yourself so something like your only car wouldnt work.

OUR TIMELINE

I am the USC, husband is adjusting from B2.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

08.06.2010 - Sent off I-485
08.25.2010 - NOA hard copies received (x4), case status available online: 765, 131, 130.
10.15.2010 - RFE received: need 2 additional photos for AP.
10.18.2010 - RFE response sent certified mail
10.21.2010 - Service request placed for biometrics
10.25.2010 - RFE received per USCIS
10.26.2010 - Text/email received - AP approved!
10.28.2010 - Biometrics appointment received, dated 10/22 - set for 11/19 @ 3:00 PM
11.01.2010 - Successful biometrics walk-in @ 9:45 AM; EAD card sent for production text/email @ 2:47 PM! I-485 case status now available online.
11.04.2010 - Text/Email (2nd) - EAD card sent for production
11.08.2010 - Text/Email (3rd) - EAD approved
11.10.2010 - EAD received
12.11.2010 - Interview letter received - 01.13.11
01.13.2011 - Interview - no decision on the spot
01.24.2011 - Approved! Card production ordered!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

11.02.2012 - Mailed I-751 packet to VSC
11.08.2012 - Checks cashed
11.10.2012 - NOA1 received, dated 11.06.2012
11.17.2012 - Biometrics letter received for 12.05.2012
11.23.2012 - Successful early biometrics walk-in

05.03.2013 - Approved! Card production ordered!

CITIZENSHIP

Filing in November 2013

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

If you have a second property then that would be the one, cars can be complicated.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Your family home and your only car will likely not count. If you have a savings account or second home that would be best, or a 401k.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-5 Country: Vietnam
Timeline

THANK ceadsearc, Boiler, Penguin_ie very much!!!! I feel a little better now but still worry! Is that means i need around 15,000 in my banking account so it would be safe?????!!!!( 2,712 different x 5 times)

and actually we own a second house which is worth around 65,000

but we have mortgage of 125,000 the house we are living with 50,000 down

So, my question is when i send I-864 should i give them the banking account or the 2 houses? or just bank account? or just the house i own is fine?

THANK AGAIN for any rely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

if you are the USCitizen, and the sponser,

the assets rule is 1/3, not 1/5 as you've scribbled above.

Can rework your math, based on which country's passport you hold?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

if you are the USCitizen, and the sponser,

the assets rule is 1/3, not 1/5 as you've scribbled above.

I am pretty sure x3 is only for spouses, he is sponsoring parents.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.