happyfilipina

I NEED JOB HERE IN NJ! HELP PLS!

16 posts in this topic

Good day VJ members! I thought of posting here and hoping to find some answers. I am having hard time to get a job here. I have my Bachelor's and Master's degree in the Philippines but I find my education as a hindrance in getting a job like for instance in Walmart or Target. I am not picky at all, I just want to work. I have been here for three years and had two kids during those time. Now I cant wait to get back on my feet. Any advice? or jobs you can suggest/refer? I wish there are Filipinos who can help me here, for one ,I don't have Filipino friends. :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

get listed at all of the temp agencies in your county.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

My wife is over educated also, I suggested she do a cover letter that she was a recent immigrant/newly married etc, learned English, and is reentering the work force in the US. Probably after the first of the year, too much up in the air with tax, and fiscal issues.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good day VJ members! I thought of posting here and hoping to find some answers. I am having hard time to get a job here. I have my Bachelor's and Master's degree in the Philippines but I find my education as a hindrance in getting a job like for instance in Walmart or Target. I am not picky at all, I just want to work. I have been here for three years and had two kids during those time. Now I cant wait to get back on my feet. Any advice? or jobs you can suggest/refer? I wish there are Filipinos who can help me here, for one ,I don't have Filipino friends. :(

Hi, I would recommend going directly to a temp agency and speaking with them. I would also go to the school district website and sign up to be a substitute teacher, they have positions all of the time. What part of Jersey? I grew up in NJ.

I Looooooove my baby Lyn.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Check craigslist.com, that's where you usually find many local job offerings. Keep applying every day, at least 10 jobs/day. The more jobs you apply to, the more chances you have. Also, make sure your resume and cover letter are appropriate and relevant for the job you apply for.

My N-400 Journey

06-02-2017 - N-400 package mailed to Dallas Lockbox

06-06-2017 - Credit card charged; received text and email confirming that application was received and NOA is on its way

06-10-2017 - Received NOA letter from NBC dated 06-05-2017

06-16-2017 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter for 06-28-2017

01-19-2018 - Interview Letter sent

02-27-18 - Interview and Oath Ceremony. Finally US CITIZEN! 

My ROC Journey

03-08-2012 - I-751 package mailed to VSC

03-10-2012 - I-751 package delivered

03-14-2012 - Check cashed

03-15-2012 - NOA received, dated 03-12-2012

04-27-2012 - Biometrics appointment

11-23-2012 - ROC approved

11-28-2012 - Approval letter received

12-06-2012 - 10 years Green Card received

My AOS Journey

04-17-09 I-130&I-485&I-765 received by USCIS

04-19-10 AOS Approved

04-29-10 Green Card received

Hi, I would recommend going directly to a temp agency and speaking with them. I would also go to the school district website and sign up to be a substitute teacher, they have positions all of the time. What part of Jersey? I grew up in NJ.

Glassboro. Where you now?

Try indeed.com

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Glassboro. Where you now?

I have a close friend who works in law enforcement in Glassboro. I am now in North Carolina. I am not sure what type of job you are looking for, but there is no shame in starting at an entry level position and proving yourself and hopefully you will be recognized and rewarded for your hard work and work your way up the ladder very quick.

I know you said that you have a couple of degrees, but try to apply at one of the fast food places, just to get your foot in the door and get some experience. There is also, Big Lots, Sears, Staples among others on Delsea Dr.

Good luck to you :thumbs:

I Looooooove my baby Lyn.

I have a close friend who works in law enforcement in Glassboro. I am now in North Carolina. I am not sure what type of job you are looking for, but there is no shame in starting at an entry level position and proving yourself and hopefully you will be recognized and rewarded for your hard work and work your way up the ladder very quick.

I know you said that you have a couple of degrees, but try to apply at one of the fast food places, just to get your foot in the door and get some experience. There is also, Big Lots, Sears, Staples among others on Delsea Dr.

Good luck to you :thumbs:

I have Bachelor's and Master's degree in Psychology in the Philippines. I tried applying almost all sites I know but I always get the message saying " thank you for your interest." :crying: which means No You are not qualified! I have no problem starting at an entry level position at all, I have no luck at all. I tried in Target, Walmart, and others which I can't even remember now. It makes me feel really sad and frustrated.

Filed: R-1 Visa Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

I have Bachelor's and Master's degree in Psychology in the Philippines. I tried applying almost all sites I know but I always get the message saying " thank you for your interest." :crying: which means No You are not qualified! I have no problem starting at an entry level position at all, I have no luck at all. I tried in Target, Walmart, and others which I can't even remember now. It makes me feel really sad and frustrated.

How long u been in USA?

How long u been in USA? Oh btw I don't have Filipinos friends either in my area. But Idc .

USAR

Oct.8 2009 - arrived in USA (CR1 visa)

Nov. 2009 -- GC for 2 yrs received

Jan. 2010 -- DL issued

May. 2011 --- graduated for my bachelor degree

Sept. 1, 2011 --- Driver License Renewed ( till 2017)

NO removal condition

Citizenship

Oct. 2011-------- Filed N400

Jan. 2012 ------ Biometrics and Interviewed at same time

Jan. 17 2012 ---- Sworn In

How long u been in USA?

4 years this April. I have met one or two Filipinos but that's about it. It's not like we see each other on regular basis. I wanted to work cuz 4 years is long enough, and we just bought a house so I wanted to help in paying bills. I have two kids, 2 year old and a 9 mos old baby. :)

I just applied in indeed.com in one of job posting as customer service rep. :)

Are you working?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

have you looked at the state agencies for counselors?

has your two degrees been evaluated by any USA evaluation service?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

have you looked at the state agencies for counselors?

has your two degrees been evaluated by any USA evaluation service?

They need certification. That's what I need to do, have my credentials(transcripts) evaluated. Do you know where I can have it evaluated? Is WES the right service to have it evaluated? I really have no idea.

Filed: R-1 Visa Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Yes I'm working part time within 3 months after I got here.. . Then I went back to college to finish my bachelor degree . I didn't try to evaluated my transcript from Philippines bcoz the college that i went to did the evaluation for free.

I'm working while goin to school that time so I can build up experienced here in USA . I worked at deli in the grocery , cashier, and a welder I have associate in civil engineering and associate in nursing in the Philippines but I didn't get picky on the job here in USA bcoz all I care was to get a experienced ... .

Edited by .MythaG-

USAR

Oct.8 2009 - arrived in USA (CR1 visa)

Nov. 2009 -- GC for 2 yrs received

Jan. 2010 -- DL issued

May. 2011 --- graduated for my bachelor degree

Sept. 1, 2011 --- Driver License Renewed ( till 2017)

NO removal condition

Citizenship

Oct. 2011-------- Filed N400

Jan. 2012 ------ Biometrics and Interviewed at same time

Jan. 17 2012 ---- Sworn In

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Im also filipina from Australia living in NJ

ROC Journey:-

05.11.2012 -- mail I-751 packet

05.14.2012 -- Packet arrived @ VSC

xx.xx.2012 -- Check Cashed

05.15.2012 -- NOA1 dated 05.15.2012

05.31.2012 -- Biometric notice date

06.27.2012 -- Biometrics Taken

01.23.2013 -- Card Production Ordered.

01.28.2013 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.