Cmptrsdeal

2nd Chances For A FIlipina

51 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

How is it creepy on how I am looking at it? I mean, I know I didn't have the perfect choice of words in the original post, but I never mentioned anything about wanting just sex. All I did mention was that I want a filipina. The traits that most filipinas have, is exactly what my ideal woman is. That's why I said I want to return to the Philippines and see how things go with someone my friend, who is a filipina and is actually married to one of my friends. I want a woman who is very family oriented and family means alot to them, just as it does to me. I WANT a MEANINGFUL relationship, I do not want 'SOMETHING' like I did this last time to where I just got used for a green card. I am sorry I gave you the creepy vibe by something I tried to correct but you are still hooked on what I said and can't acknowledge or understand what I WAS meaning to say. Out of everyone I know, I am not the guy that is looking for a maid or someone just to have sex with. Sex is meaningless unless you share some type of emotional and/or spiritual connection with. I am 33 yrs old and sex is NOT everything to me. I want someone that I can appreciate who she is, where she comes from, what she wants, and everything she deserves and do my best to make those happen for her, not for what she can give me, but for what I can give her and how I can make her and OUR lives better, now that we found each other...

ABOVE ALL, I DO MY BEST TO RESPECT WOMEN THE BEST MY PARENTS TAUGHT ME, I AM NOT YOUR TYPICAL IGNORANT GUY. I am sorry my originally wording was not perfect.

Some one here simply wants to be an amature Dr Phil while giving out advise about your intentions and abilities to find a women. Not one word in the vitriol that answers your real question. You have already corrected your choice of words so that anyone can understand what you meant.

In a previouse post they described being discourteous and tolerant of others. Then we see here the way they respond to you.

I suggest you concentrate on the actual usefull answers to your original question rather that the judgemental rants. See Tim & Mavs responce for the correct info you seek. Thats all you need to know to get on whith what you want to do.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My understanding on IMBRA is that if you have 2 approved I-129F in your lifetime OR 1 approved I-129F in the last 2 years you much request a waiver. I know of one other member who had filed for a 2nd I-129F within 2 years after a failed marriage and had to write a waiver request on his second petition.

Personally I had a K-1 visa approved many years ago, got married had kids and later divorced. After the divorce I met a filipina, got engaged and filed a I-129F. The petition was approved but I cancelled prior to and visa processing. However, the petition approval, not the visa approval, put me at the 2 I-129F lifetime limit.

My current outstanding I-129F is my 3rd lifetime (over the limit) and the 2nd in the last 2 years (over the limit) so a waiver request was filed.

I believe this waiver is what you are thinking about. If your last I-129F was approved less than 2 years ago you will need to request a waiver.

Good luck!

For the best advice, go right to the source. Email the US Embassy Manila directly and ask them.

IVManilaReplies@state.gov

Just to warn you it does take up to 10 business days for them to respond, but they WILL get back to you.

August 29, 2012: Filed Form I-130 DCF Manila

September 18, 2012: Notice of Approval, USCIS Manila, Forwarded to Immigration Visa Section, Manila

September 20, 2012: Assigned Case # at Immigrant Visa Section,IV Manila sent DS230 and DS2001 to residence here.

October 5, 2012: Emailed scanned copies of DS230 and DS 2001 to IVManilaAttachments@state.gov

October 10, 2012: Called Immigrant Visa section at USEM, they had received the emailed scanned copies and gave a green light to make interview appointment date. Did that online. Interview set for November 14.

October 30, 2012: St. Lukes Medical Exam, PASSED

November 14, 2012 interview: APPROVED

November 19, 2012: Passport and visa received by courier

TOTAL TIME FROM FILING I-130 TO VISA APPROVED: 2 MONTHS 14 DAYS

POE Dallas, Texas 2/25/2013. Home, Kansas City, Missouri

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

My question is: why do you have to go back in the same place for a relationship? From my view point love shouldn't be treated that way. You should relax, try to fine your soulmate but not hunker down in the country. Are they more special than anybody else?

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

I can understand if you are traveling and by chance you meet someone abroad, but I find disturbing people engaging through matching sites or searching to meet up people from a specific nationality.I think is weird. There are amazing women in Japan,China, France,Italy,America, Philippines etc..Love can be found any where in the world. You can't help who you fall in love with, so whatever ethnicity they are don't really matter, then just look around you.

If she is just the second one you are petitioning then you are good, you won't have any problem with USCIS because of that.

I am recently divorced. We were married Nov 19, 2011. and the marriage did not last more than a year. I was told that there is a new rule that says you have to wait 2 yrs to be able to petition another filipina. Is that true? I'd like to go back over to the Philippines and see if I can find something more worth my time. I mean, I know alot of signs that I choose to ignore the first time and I think if I were able to try atleast 1 last time, I'm very confident that it is very possible and I am MORE THAN WILLING to try again. Can anyone give me some input on this. I've never heard anything about this new rule. Any information would greatly be appreciated. Thank you so very much and God Bless!

Andy

Hy Andy, I dont think there is any rule that said you have to wait 2 years or so......

I can understand if you are traveling and by chance you meet someone abroad, but I find disturbing people engaging through matching sites or searching to meet up people from a specific nationality.I think is weird. There are amazing women in Japan,China, France,Italy,America, Philippines etc..Love can be found any where in the world. You can't help who you fall in love with, so whatever ethnicity they are don't really matter, then just look around you.

If she is just the second one you are petitioning then you are good, you won't have any problem with USCIS because of that.

I agree with you....

Peårl £ûvs «Aåmïr»

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

dude you are in the clear once your divorce is finalized. go meet another one and hopefully she is the right one and move on with your life. if you fail always try again. good luck in your search.

4027-dil-ko-choo-jaye-gi-shayari-collection-heart_91.gif?d=1205939495

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

OP, stereotyping people, as you do, is just plain bad and insulting to most people. If my husband had sought me out because he was looking for a Finnish woman, attracted by the characteristics that Finnish women supposedly possess, I would have given him about 2 seconds of my life, if that. On the other hand, if I had bought into the stereotypes about Americans, I probably wouldn't have gone anywhere near my husband. People are individuals above everything else, with unique characteristics and personalities regardless of artificial external labels. You have to open your mind and heart to a person, and not try to fit a real human being into this faceless and impersonal mold you've created in your mind.

Edited by pddp

“The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was.
Lovers don't finally meet somewhere.
They're in each other all along.”

Jalal ad-Din Rumi

Timeline

2 year rule as it pertains to petitioners filing I-129F:

IMBRA regs state that you cannot file more than 2 I-129Fs in a 2 year period.

If you are filing #3 within that 2 year period, you must ask for a waiver, via written letter attached to the I-129F submittal.

<EOM>

Hey, good answer, and without all the bullsh#@! You get four stars. :thumbs:

Hey, good answer, and without all the bullsh#@! You get four stars. :thumbs:

Then the OP should have just asked the question and not add "fluff" to it. The name of the topic and it's contents indicate he wanted more then an answer to his question about the immigration law. If posters add more to their topic then the question, they open themselves up for criticism and advice. That leads to "BS" that you are referring to.

OP, I wish you luck in your new journey. There is a lot of good advice here and answers to your original question.

Take care! :thumbs:

Timeline

Andy,

The two year rule is in place to give you time to recover and it is a good rule I think. If you were married November 2011 and the marriage lasted "no more than a year" that means you are just now getting out of your marriage, right?

I am sorry to hear that your marriage didn't last. You referred to the warning signs that you chose to ignore. I was in a similar boat with the same result, but if I may, let me be very candid with you about what I have learned. I decided to divorce after 5 years of marriage because our marriage seemed to be getting in the way of her dates. Marriage has a way of making dating others more difficult I suppose. After the divorce, I decided not to date, not move forward, until I could look myself in the eyes and honestly say I had healed and was capable of being a great husband to a woman.

Any man here knows that going to the Philippines as a single or even a married man will result in lots of inquiries as to your availability, so that shouldn't be a concern, but before you venture down that path, just make sure you have given yourself enough time to honestly address all the reasons why you were willing to ignore the signs the first time and marry her anyway. That was the hardest part for me to admit to my family and to myself that I had married for all the wrong reasons to someone who clearly was not my soul mate.

I wish you much success, as for me, I am so glad I waited because God gave me a woman who makes me laugh, makes me cry and who laughs and cries with me. She has an amazing son who is 6 and I so look forward to raising him. We are connected spritually, emotionally and as crazy as it sounds to those who know me, she thinks I am quite sexy. We have been together for 15 months and I can honestly say it was worth the 3 year hiatus from dating that made me ready to move forward with another - I do believe the finest women in the world come from the Philippines, yes I am biased -

Stephen

I am recently divorced. We were married Nov 19, 2011. and the marriage did not last more than a year. I was told that there is a new rule that says you have to wait 2 yrs to be able to petition another filipina. Is that true? I'd like to go back over to the Philippines and see if I can find something more worth my time. I mean, I know alot of signs that I choose to ignore the first time and I think if I were able to try atleast 1 last time, I'm very confident that it is very possible and I am MORE THAN WILLING to try again. Can anyone give me some input on this. I've never heard anything about this new rule. Any information would greatly be appreciated. Thank you so very much and God Bless!

Andy

event.png

were-getting-married-1.gif

Timeline

Please relax - He is attracted to filipinas - there is nothing wrong with preferring one ethnicity over another in matters of the heart. Most men and women have a preference of hair color, skin color and tone, body type, language, religion, culture, personality, etc. - That is what makes the world go around. You had better hope that your fiancee or husband prefers your type, specifically you... I think we should all make allowances for the rest of the human race to pursue love in a manner which best fits them.

I am sure Finnish women are incredible in their beauty, wit and charm and I am quite certain your intended is glad he found you. Nobody can judge how you two got together, it isn't their place to even share an opinion other than to say cheers to you.

Cheers! Stephen

OP, stereotyping people, as you do, is just plain bad and insulting to most people. If my husband had sought me out because he was looking for a Finnish woman, attracted by the characteristics that Finnish women supposedly possess, I would have given him about 2 seconds of my life, if that. On the other hand, if I had bought into the stereotypes about Americans, I probably wouldn't have gone anywhere near my husband. People are individuals above everything else, with unique characteristics and personalities regardless of artificial external labels. You have to open your mind and heart to a person, and not try to fit a real human being into this faceless and impersonal mold you've created in your mind.

event.png

were-getting-married-1.gif

Andy

IF a U.S. citizen has ever “filed petitions for two or more fiancés/fiancées and the previously approved petitions were filed within 2 years,” a new K-1 application can be denied. [i.N.A 214(d) (2) (A)] This restriction may be removed through a waiver, which can be requested through a written explanation, submitted along with the I-129F form. Waivers will be highly scrutinized in certain situations, such as those where: the petitioner has a history of violence; has filed I-129F petitions for different beneficiaries at the same time, obtaining I-129F approvals every few years, and so forth

Timeline

Guys, here is what is listed in the I-129F instructions. As far as the instructions go, it's not 2 petitions in 2 years. It's 2 petitions lifetime, 1 in the last 2 years. I don't know if the OP requires a waiver, as I don't know how many lifetime and I don't know if the previous petition approval was within the last 2 years. Again as far as the instructions go, it's not if they had two in the previous 2 years.

"If you have filed two or more K-1 visa petitions at any time in th past or previously had a K-1 visa petition approved within two years prior to the filing of this petition, you must apply for a waiver. To request a waiver you must submit a written request with this petition accompanied by documentation of your claim to the waiver."

Edited by Grant PDX

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Be prepared to be questioned about it once the interview comes. I had a previous K-1 (from years ago) and they questioned me more on that than they ever questioned my foreign spouse. I think it'll look more suspicious for you given it's both K-1 petitions and within a short amount of time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.