Cmptrsdeal

2nd Chances For A FIlipina

51 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Tim/Mav are you telling me to let it go???? I did, as soon as he explained himself. I was trying to put the attention back onto his question and away from how he asked it in the start. And I don't think he wants relationship advice... Just a simple answer to his question. So if you misread me or thought I was doing something wrong, I'm sorry. And I will stay out of this thread because I don't want an argument like I've seen happen in other threads.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

There is NO SUCH RULE. Free to Marry and Legally Divorced is what the requirement is for applying for a NEW 129-F. But, caution: The 3rd attempt is not so simple.

I think the OP has got the point about maybe wording his original post in an offensive manner. LET IT GO..

Your question was answered. If you wish to argue with members then go ahead. You have nothing to prove to us.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Timeline

Tim/Mav are you telling me to let it go???? I did, as soon as he explained himself. I was trying to put the attention back onto his question and away from how he asked it in the start. And I don't think he wants relationship advice... Just a simple answer to his question. So if you misread me or thought I was doing something wrong, I'm sorry. And I will stay out of this thread because I don't want an argument like I've seen happen in other threads.

He only asked about a 2 year rule but accidently threw-in Ad-Libb. Thats where all the trouble started.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Timeline

Its a forum where when someone asks they get a wide variety of OPINIONS for the OP to consider. All comments are OK within TOS. So, you are free to state your what you wish.

Edited by Tim/Mav

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I don't know the specifics for USCIS but I know some states have a waiting period before re-marrying so check and see. In any case it is just months and not years. Good Luck!

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

I am recently divorced. We were married Nov 19, 2011. and the marriage did not last more than a year. I was told that there is a new rule that says you have to wait 2 yrs to be able to petition another filipina. Is that true? I'd like to go back over to the Philippines and see if I can find something more worth my time...Can anyone give me some input on this. I've never heard anything about this new rule. Any information would greatly be appreciated. Thank you so very much and God Bless!

Never heard of this 2 yrs wait rule.

Find out what are the divorce laws/requirements for your state in regards to remarrying. Tell your new fiance about your ex and the reason(s) why the marriage failed (for interview stage). And know that until your ex wife is a citizen, abandons her greencard or dies then you are still bound by the affidavit of support you signed and also your household size is you, your ex wife, kids if you have any and your new fiance.

Also keep in mind you are limited in the number of K1s you can have come to the US so easy on needing to find another wife asap.

I think the real question here is why specifically are you targeting Filipinas? If you are physically attracted only to Asians is there something wrong with Indonesians, Malaysians, Japanese, Chinese, Koreans, Thai or Vietnamese? I would personally recommend taking a few years to reexamine just what you are looking for in a relationship and perhaps if it is truly a love of Filipino culture you may have better success looking for a single woman of Filipino decent in the US. Attending a Filipino church in your area will help.

If you are relying on your status as a US citizen more than your own physical characteristics, personality, and demeanor to win you someone's heart you are always going to end up suffering for it in the end. One of the things I was told by the members of my local Fil-Am community when I started dating my wife is to make sure I was not dating 'out of my league' or I ran an even larger risk of being heartbroken in the end. The same rules apply overseas as they do in the US. If there is no way you'd be able to pick up a girl of the same intelligence, beauty, and personality in the US then your foreign girlfriend/boyfriend is weighing your wealth or citizenship as part of the deal.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

@Cmptrsdeal, I have read your previous and current posts. The USCIS requires legally free to marry and having met in person upon filing 129-F. You said you are divorced now, is it final? If yes, then you are fine, but expect not so good outcome during the interview -- it might be an issue especially with a very limited time or duration of relationship, since you petitioned previous Filipina and recently got divorced.

If I may suggest, why don't you take time to get to know someone better first before getting engaged or married ? I understand that you want to be happy, but learn from your past mistakes and take time -- don't rush to get into another relationship very quickly. Remember, the finest cuisine takes time to cook. You don't want to end up brokenhearted and wasted money again. You may start connection with someone by just being good friends first, try knowing her better --let the friendship grow into something meaningful, and maybe from there you could figure out how you two could be together forever.

First, love yourself and be happy, in this way, in time, you would find a good woman who truly deserves you in a life time. God bless!

Edited by InHisTime

"Last night I looked up at the stars and matched each one with a reason why I love you. I was doing great until I ran out of stars."-- by Kelsi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

How is it creepy on how I am looking at it? I mean, I know I didn't have the perfect choice of words in the original post, but I never mentioned anything about wanting just sex. All I did mention was that I want a filipina. The traits that most filipinas have, is exactly what my ideal woman is. That's why I said I want to return to the Philippines and see how things go with someone my friend, who is a filipina and is actually married to one of my friends. I want a woman who is very family oriented and family means alot to them, just as it does to me. I WANT a MEANINGFUL relationship, I do not want 'SOMETHING' like I did this last time to where I just got used for a green card. I am sorry I gave you the creepy vibe by something I tried to correct but you are still hooked on what I said and can't acknowledge or understand what I WAS meaning to say. Out of everyone I know, I am not the guy that is looking for a maid or someone just to have sex with. Sex is meaningless unless you share some type of emotional and/or spiritual connection with. I am 33 yrs old and sex is NOT everything to me. I want someone that I can appreciate who she is, where she comes from, what she wants, and everything she deserves and do my best to make those happen for her, not for what she can give me, but for what I can give her and how I can make her and OUR lives better, now that we found each other...

ABOVE ALL, I DO MY BEST TO RESPECT WOMEN THE BEST MY PARENTS TAUGHT ME, I AM NOT YOUR TYPICAL IGNORANT GUY. I am sorry my originally wording was not perfect.

It's not wise to seek out an assumed stereotype. Family oriented means vastly different things to different people. Prior to finding my Ann I dated women from all over, the one thing I can say is each woman is unique. Race and culture have much less to do with things than people think. Don't assume "traits that most Filipinas have".

It's more than just the wording that is sending red flags.

When did you get divorced? You're other posts look like you have been divorced a very very short time and your already looking for specifically for a Filipina wife.

My friend, take a deep breath, relax, and slow down. Take the time to find the right woman. You haven't mentioned having a girl you have in mind. You're starting with the view of seeking a wife before anything. Be cautious because it seems like that view can set you up for the same mistakes you made before. I don't intend to insult you. I am trying to I am trying to help you prevent another mistake. Most people don't decide they are seeking a wife and narrow it down to just one group before even having a first date.

Are you opening your mind and expanding your possibilities of finding your soul mate or limiting yourself and making assumptions before even saying 'Hi' to the girl.

Before I found Ann, when I first opened my mind to the possibility of a relationship with a woman from outside the US I had come to an epiphany. There are almost 7 billion people on earth, half of them are women, that's 3 billion people. Out of that maybe 1 billion are in an age range to have a relationship with. So if I am seeking my one true love she could be anywhere. My view was to expand my possibilities,not to any one race or country. I had the realization that the perfect woman was not only possible but probable, and I would be her perfect man too. Wider possibilities means it can take years, and for me it did take years to find Ann. Once I found her it was like lightning struck. I fell in love with who she is without all the preconceptions.

Don't look for a wife, don't look for a Filipina, look for lighting to strike. Find the girl who takes your breath away with every simple action. Look for the girl who makes every moment last longer, and makes the mundane a cherished memory.

Do some soul searching first. Look in yourself before seeking your woman. Open your mind to all possibilities rather than setting blinders on a 'Filipina wife'.

Edited by Robb&Ann

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

ya i also read ur previous posts. it was sad to hear about what she did to u but i think u need to meditate and think about the girl you wanted to be in ur life.ur dreamgirl.. it is not just over night though. ive been dreaming about a man i wanted to be with. i am still young but when it comes to family,love, relationship or marriage, i wanna make sure that everything is right and SURE and i won't regret in the end. when me and Robb met in a dating site we couldnt believe that our profiles matched to who we are looking for. the way he described who he wants is i know it is me and vice versa. but ofcourse u cant tell that he/she is already the one by just reading each profiles.

and so me and robb started to know each other... there may be times that we argue but we make sure that we fix it before we say good bye on skype to sleep.lol. i told him from the very beginning that if it happens that we have an argument, i want us to fix it... we are not perfect couples but we know that we have understandings with each other.

believe me when u try to think thoughtfully about a girl u want to be with, say for example, her qualities/looks, it is more likely that she will be given to u, I tot of a man like who Robb is... and it was given.

I know a girl would feel homesick once she arrives in the US but reading ur previous posts, i think there is something wrong.. either u or her or to both of you. if both of you were able to open up to each other then i guess the more likely that the divorce was prevented. Me and Robb are open to each other., as much as possible I tell him what/how I feel. when something is wrong, i tell it to him. so that he knows what is in my mind and what i feel..

I still think that communication is important in a relationship... knowing ur partner very well.. some don't take time to get to know their partner well but the reality is it takes time to know someone. yes in the beginning it could be like u like each other when u first saw each other but u cannot say that he/she is already the one. like what they said, u will only know the person once u live together in one roof.

and yes, Love urself first before u give love to another.. after that, u r ready to love again. since u said u already know the signs then just be careful. sometimes foreigners tends to be blinded by who they see.. they think ohhh this girl is very kind, etc etc but the truth is, behind everything is a bad intention. but still, it is only you who can tell.. u can fell it and u will know it. there are lots of players online but doesnt mean that there's no one good woman left..

-Ann

Edited by Robb&Ann

I can feel how desperate you are to find your perfect partner. I am sorry on your first marriage. I believe in perfect timing and when things are really destined to happen, it will happen no matter what. Give yourself a lil break first. It will come on right time.... There are lots of wonderful,loving and sincere Filipinas who is not after green cards. Good luck and Happy new year!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

2 year rule as it pertains to petitioners filing I-129F:

IMBRA regs state that you cannot file more than 2 I-129Fs in a 2 year period.

If you are filing #3 within that 2 year period, you must ask for a waiver, via written letter attached to the I-129F submittal.

<EOM>

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

2 year rule as it pertains to petitioners filing I-129F:

IMBRA regs state that you cannot file more than 2 I-129Fs in a 2 year period.

If you are filing #3 within that 2 year period, you must ask for a waiver, via written letter attached to the I-129F submittal.

<EOM>

:thumbs:

3-5-2011: I-129F Sent

3-9-2011: NOA1

6-24-2011: NOA2

6-30-2011: NOA2 Hard Copy

7-19-2011: Received Case Number from NVC

08-08-2011: Sent Packet 3 to Embassy

09-12-2011: Received Packet 4 Instructions

09-28-2011: Interview: Approved

10-06-2011: Point of Entry

11-03-2011: Married

AOS:

11-17-2011: Filed AOS Packet

12-09-2011: AOS Check Cashed

01-01-2012: Biometrics

01-31-2012: Received EAD

07-20-2012: AOS Approved

08-01-2012: Received Green Card

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

There is NO SUCH RULE. Free to Marry and Legally Divorced is what the requirement is for applying for a NEW 129-F. But, caution: The 3rd attempt is not so simple.

I think the OP has got the point about maybe wording his original post in an offensive manner. LET IT GO..

Tim/Mav - Have not seen you on here in a while. Good to see you.

3-5-2011: I-129F Sent

3-9-2011: NOA1

6-24-2011: NOA2

6-30-2011: NOA2 Hard Copy

7-19-2011: Received Case Number from NVC

08-08-2011: Sent Packet 3 to Embassy

09-12-2011: Received Packet 4 Instructions

09-28-2011: Interview: Approved

10-06-2011: Point of Entry

11-03-2011: Married

AOS:

11-17-2011: Filed AOS Packet

12-09-2011: AOS Check Cashed

01-01-2012: Biometrics

01-31-2012: Received EAD

07-20-2012: AOS Approved

08-01-2012: Received Green Card

Filed: Other Timeline

Please dont no one jump on me, just an innocent question, why is so many men going there to find wives and not the other way around

I happen to see that here alot and wonder....just curious.The way OP puts it as if now he has to go back there as he wont find anyone elsewhere.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.