hoping19

using husband/wife it will to deny your fiance' petition?

62 posts in this topic

USCIS STAGE:

August 17, 2013 - I-130 sent

August 22, 2013 - noa1

November 22, 2013 - tranferred to TSC

December 16, 2013 - approved

December 19, 2013 - noa2 hardcopy

January 09, 2014 - shipped to NVC

NVC STAGE:

January 17, 2014 - case received

February 24, 2014 - case number received

February 25, 2014 - IIN and BIN received

March 01, 2014 - ds 261 completed

March 05, 2014 - aos invoice and paid (in process)

March 07, 2014 - aos shows paid

March 22, 2014 - iv bill paid (in process)

March 25, 2014 - iv bill shows paid

March 25, 2014 - ds260 completed

March 26,2014 - iv package send to nvc

March 31, 2014 - iv package arrived at NVC 12:05pm (Gary S. Peters - signatory)

April 01, 2014 - aos send (certified mail)

April 03, 2014 - iv docs logged into the system (according to olivia)

April 05, 2014 - aos arrived at nvc but business closed. waiting them (usps) to redeliver it on Monday.

April 07, 2014 - aos finally arrived at NVC 11:50am

April 09, 2014 - aos logged into the the system (according to olivia)

April 24, 2014 - aos checklist (thru phone call)

April 25, 2014 - aos checklist email received

April 29, 2014 - checklist responce

May 02, 2014 - arrived at nvc signed by B. Standish

May 05, 2014 - checklist responce log into the system

May 28, 2014 - CASE COMPLETE .. Thank God

June 04, 2014 - received email (case complete)

June 09-10, 2014 - done advance medical

June 11, 2014 - interview schedule (email received)

July 02, 2014 - interview (APPROVED) Thank you Lord;)

Once you log in, click on view my timeline..it is next under your user name. You can add/edit it. Remember to save it when you are done. Good luck on your journey.

Thank you..can you help me how to do the timeline?thanks

REALESTATE BROKER & MORTGAGE LOAN ORIGINATOR

STATE OF CALIFORNIA

12fa14f592.png

Once you log in, click on view my timeline..it is next under your user name. You can add/edit it. Remember to save it when you are done. Good luck on your journey.

thank you...but im not yet receive my.noa1 is that okay?becuase the packet still in the texas p.o box..nobody receive it.

USCIS STAGE:

August 22, 2013 - noa1

NVC STAGE:

April 05, 2014 - aos arrived at nvc but business closed. waiting them (usps) to redeliver it on Monday.

That's what I thought. I always assumed "asawa" was endearing because there really isn't a Tagalog word for Fiancee. It's either boyfriend or asawa. I'm still learning though

Asawa is literally spouse. It could be used as a term of endearment in the same way one would use 'wife' or 'husband' in English. The OP's concern is valid, but only so far as it will raise a couple of questions by the CO if he or she wants to look for possible issues. Overall I wouldn't worry about it at the Manila Embassy as long as the relationship has been ongoing for a while. If you started calling each other husband and wife early in the relationship it definitely would look odd but even then I doubt it would result in outright denial.

Thank you so much for all your comment...

Happy holidays

USCIS STAGE:

August 22, 2013 - noa1

NVC STAGE:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Question, why do it or continue to do so if it may cause an issue you don't need?

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you..can you help me how to do the timeline?thanks

1. Click Immigration time line at top.

2. Click Edit/Add my entry

3. Click on the box that says Edit Time Line

4. Scroll down and it will say USCIS Petitions filed and you can see where to put the dates for each step.

5. Make sure you click submit changes at the bottome

I am not sure how do the timeline in the signature of your post other than doing that manually. But here is how you add signature to your post.

1. Click Settings at the top right corner.

2. Click the profile tab.

3. On the left click Change Signature

4. Fill out the box with what you want your signature and click submit changes.

The only thing about putting the timeline in your signature you have to manually update.

Hope this helps

Nick

/Our Time Line

I129F Sent 12-21-2012 VIA USPS
I129F Delivered 12-24-2012 According to USPS Website
I129F Received 01-05-2013 NOA1 Dated 12-28-2012

I129F Email Petition Approved 5/9/2013
MNL Number Received 05/25/2013 Date of Letter 5/21/2013

Interview 08/28/2013 Visa Approved

OUR JOURNEY WILL NOT END WHEN YOU HAVE YOUR VISA BUT ONLY CONTINUE ON THE PATH YOU HAVE CHOSEN. MAY YOUR JOURNEY GO WELL!

<iframe src="http://free.timeanddate.com/countdown/i3meybrd/n105/cf12/cm0/cu4/ct0/cs0/ca0/cr0/ss0/cac000/cpc000/pcfff/tcfff/fs100/szw320/szh135/tatTime%20left%20to%20Event%20in/tac000/tptTime%20since%20Event%20started%20in/tpc000/mac000/mpc000/iso2012-12-28T00:00:00" frameborder="0" width="236" height="66"></iframe>

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

What if you called your fiancee "Sister" or "Auntie"? What if you called her "Mommy"? "Daughter"? Those would indicate very specific relationships to ANYone looking in from the outside. So does any word that is reserved for spouses. The titles you use for each other really do state your relationship.

Because we here are all subject to being examined under a fine microscope, we have to be a bit above reproach. If you are not spouses, don't use incorrect terms. It may seem sweet and you are excited about it, but really, a high fraud country doesn't need much to suspect you are liars. And demonstrating a lie in your terms of affection is certainly not going to help your case.

Hope for the best and be prepared to admit that you were wrong to use incorrect terms to describe each other if questioned. Please follow this up in a few months and when your AOS interview is complete to let others know IF it was addressed at all.

Something that you may not be aware of is that in many places, common-law marriages are absolutely legal and acceptable. Here in my own state, it is still used by many people. Here is some information from an official site: http://www.co.travis.tx.us/dro/common_law.asp

evidence of the existence of a common law marriage; for example, you can testify that your partner introduced you in social situations as his wife, or that you introduced him as your husband

Even one instance of publicly declaring yourself married can be sufficient to place you in such a marriage.

Perú's K-1 embassy packet can be viewed in our photos.
Travel Tips for Perú (& South America)
Our Immigration Experience
Seat Guru Flight seating!
Airport Processing Times - http://awt.cbp.gov/
POE-Houston? Pictures and info.....POE-Houston (other languages)....

Attention NEW K-1 Filers: (2012) Possible 1st year costs = Possibly 3K+$ for first year including fees for mailing, documents, supplies, etc.. NOT including travel costs. Process: 1.)Apply-340$ 2.)RFE? 3.) Med-300??$ 4.)Interview-350$ 5.)Surrender passport. 6.)Get Visa. 7.)Fly here. 8.) Marry in 90 days. 9.) Submit apps to stay, work, & travel-1070$ 10.) Biometrics-More fingerprinting 11.) GREENCARD ISSUED APR 9TH, 2013-11 MONTHS FOR AOS!
I've lived in Houston for 10 years. If you have any questions about the city, please message me. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I don't think I have heard of anyone being flat out denied for doing this, but I have heard of people being questioned about it. In the future just try to avoid saying it in any correspondence with your fiance. Good luck, I'm sure you will be fine.

If you are not spouses, don't use incorrect terms. It may seem sweet and you are excited about it, but really, a high fraud country doesn't need much to suspect you are liars. And demonstrating a lie in your terms of affection is certainly not going to help your case.

As pointed out earlier there is no word or term in the native language of the Philippines (Tagalog) to differentiate between a fiance and boyfriend/girlfriend and it is very common to use terms here that are not literal (kuya and ate are most common being used to address men and women you likely don't know as brother and sister). The Philippine CO in Manila will most likely understand.

Something that you may not be aware of is that in many places, common-law marriages are absolutely legal and acceptable. Here in my own state, it is still used by many people. Here is some information from an official site: http://www.co.travis.../common_law.asp

There is nothing specifically called a 'common-law' marriage in the Philippines (officially real marriage still means quite a bit here as the Philippines is a country where divorce is illegal and adultery/concubinage regularly results in jail-time and/or exile for the offending parties). An unmarried couple that co-habitats will jointly own property that are acquired while together (unless records show that non-joint income was used to purchase said property) but that is where the resemblance to a real marriage ends. Children born to these couples are illegitimate and are disadvantaged in regards to inheritance laws and the 'common-law' spouse has no legal inheritance at all.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

I don't think that to be an self inflicted wound to to your petition. IO are lawyers most of them, they know people use husband/wife prior to marriage just because they have a positive, good faith intention to be in that situation. Never deny any one in that ground.

I don't think that to be an self inflicted wound to to your petition. IO are lawyers most of them, they know people use husband/wife prior to marriage just because they have a positive, good faith intention to be in that situation. Never deny any one in that ground.

Timeline

Ack--response was messed up.

Edited by EminTX

Attention NEW K-1 Filers: (2012) Possible 1st year costs = Possibly 3K+$ for first year including fees for mailing, documents, supplies, etc.. NOT including travel costs. Process: 1.)Apply-340$ 2.)RFE? 3.) Med-300??$ 4.)Interview-350$ 5.)Surrender passport. 6.)Get Visa. 7.)Fly here. 8.) Marry in 90 days. 9.) Submit apps to stay, work, & travel-1070$ 10.) Biometrics-More fingerprinting 11.) GREENCARD ISSUED APR 9TH, 2013-11 MONTHS FOR AOS!
I've lived in Houston for 10 years. If you have any questions about the city, please message me. :)

Timeline

there is no word or term in the native language of the Philippines (Tagalog) to differentiate between a fiance and boyfriend/girlfriend ... The Philippine CO in Manila will most likely understand.

The original post-er didn't state that they were referring to lovers or fiances. The specific titles that were submitted as evidence were terms for spouses.

If you openly present something as evidence that is absolutely false in a country that is known for high fraud, it is probably not something cute or smart. The people working there are looking for examples of fraud and lies so if you are legit, then use the correct terms.

The information about common law is useful here because this is a blending of cultures. Most couples on this site are not from the same country of origin and need to be aware that things that to them might be cute but can have legal ramifications in some places. There is no way for any of us to know if this couple, in their past, traveled outside the Philipines for a romantic elopement. The visa is to the US from the Philipines and therefore, laws from the US actaully do need to be considered. Every person conducting the interviews will be looking at the situation through the filter of their own pasts and experiences. Presenting any lie is probably not a good idea.

Again, we are all being looked at under much more scrutiny than other couples. We each can exercise our rights to decide to use the information to make wiser decisions or we can be silly and throw caution to the wind.

Good luck to everybody in your own visa journeys.

The original post-er didn't state that they were referring to lovers or fiances. The specific titles that were submitted as evidence were terms for spouses.

If you openly present something as evidence that is absolutely false in a country that is known for high fraud, it is probably not something cute or smart. The people working there are looking for examples of fraud and lies so if you are legit, then use the correct terms.

The information about common law is useful here because this is a blending of cultures. Most couples on this site are not from the same country of origin and need to be aware that things that to them might be cute but can have legal ramifications in some places. There is no way for any of us to know if this couple, in their past, traveled outside the Philipines for a romantic elopement. The visa is to the US from the Philipines and therefore, laws from the US actaully do need to be considered. Every person conducting the interviews will be looking at the situation through the filter of their own pasts and experiences. Presenting any lie is probably not a good idea.

Again, we are all being looked at under much more scrutiny than other couples. We each can exercise our rights to decide to use the information to make wiser decisions or we can be silly and throw caution to the wind.

Good luck to everybody in your own visa journeys.

You completely missed the point I, and others, are making. Here in the Philippines it is perfectly acceptable, and even expected in some places, to call a fiance your spouse for a number of reasons. First, there is (as said) NO word for fiance and calling someone you are going to marry a boyfriend/girlfriend is not generally appropriate here (by the time you are engaged you are expected to be using terms of endearment generally reserved for mature, married couples in other cultures). Second, many pronouns used by Filipinos may literally mean one thing and are contextually used for another. This tradition follows into their use of English as well and does not just apply to a Filipino using Tagalog. The consuls in Manila (both the American and Filipino COs) are well aware of this language usage and local custom.

I am not sure if you are just trying to paint a broad picture here but we are discussing a case only as it applies to the Embassy in Manila and a Filipino citizen. The Philippine government tracks very carefully the marriage status of all of their citizens and the Embassy requires certified copies of these documents before issuing a K-1 visa. No one at the Embassy is going to think these two people are actually married and may only ask questions if other red flags prompt investigation (and even then will not likely cause an outright denial of the visa). US laws regarding common law marriages have NO bearing as to the marriage status of a Filipino citizen as the Philippine government does recognize such an arrangement and therefore the Filipino would still be single and free to marry, therefore eligible for a K-1 visa.

Common law marriages in the US also usually require significantly more evidence than using the term husband and wife in private correspondence and/or as terms of endearment. You need lease records, joint accounts, and other trappings of domestic co-habitation all of which have to be filed with a court to be recognized. None of those are going to likely apply to a Filipino engaged to an American citizen filing for a K-1 visa. It's not helping the OP by trying to scare him into worrying about how he and his future spouse refer to each other publicly or privately.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

hello guys

i am just confuse if its true if you used the word husband/wife it will affect your fiance petition?because i and my fiance called each other as a wife and husband and it written that on our emails which included on the packet that my fiance send

hope you can help me on this matter.

thank you

It CAN, it HAS. Don't do it. I do not even call my WIFE..."wife" He name is Alla, I call her Alla. When she was my fiancee I called her "Alla". Sometimes "sweetheart", sometimes "Alichka" or Alinka". NEVER "wife" Why would I call my wife, "wife"? Hi, wife, how are you today? Did you have a good day today wifey? Seriously?

You do not cven need to include emails in the I-129f packet.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.