dhaiti20

K1 Interview

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I Would like to hear from anyone that have completed their interview especally in Port-au-Prince, Haiti to tell me how fluent are the Consulate with the Creole language? Are most of them able to comprehend and interpret the Creole language fluently, or are these questions sometime asked in English? Because I know in most languages a K1 applicant my answer a question in a certain way, and it may be interpreted in another way by the Consulate which may result in a denial if the Consulate feels the individual is not telling the truth. I would also like to hear from people from other countries as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

My husband's interview was all in English. The first question they asked him was how fluent/comfortable he was in English. His interviewer was American.

We're set for 10 years!!

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

O had his interview in Creole. And I had mine in English. Then we had a 2 minutes talk after my interview in Creole. The first question they asked, in Creole, was his fluency in English. The girl we had was well-spoken in both languages. Of course, some words are slurred (in Creole) but they can be understood. Through eavesdropping and through the megaphones, I can say that the American man there is the only one that's truly hard to understand. But he knows that and always calls for an interpreter when it gets hard for the person to understand him.

To see a more detailed journey schedule, please see the About Me page and my Timeline.

Our K1 Process

June 7, 2012 -- Sent I-129F to June 9, 2013 -- Religious & Civil Wedding Ceremony in CT

FROM I-129f NOA1 to VISA APPROVAL: Exactly 8 months! No RFEs

Our AOS Process

July 16, 2013 -- Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP Paperwork to December 21, 2013 -- Received GC Card in the Mail!

FROM NOA1 to GREEN CARD in Hand: Exactly 4 months 27 days! No Interview or RFEs.

Our ROC Process

September 21, 2015 -- Mailed ROC Paperwork to August 6, 2016 -- Received Card in the Mail!

FROM NOA1 to GREEN CARD in Hand: Exactly 10 months 10 days! No Interview or RFEs.

Our {His} N-400 Process

Eligible to Apply for Citizenship on September 14, 2016.

October 4, 2016 -- Mailed N-400 Paperwork.

November 8, 2016 -- Completed Biometrics.

May 6, 2017 -- Received Interview Letter in the Mail.

June 8, 2017 -- Interview Passed!

June 16, 2017 -- Oath Ceremony! He is a USC!!

FROM Application to CITIZENSHIP: Exactly 8 months 13 days! No RFEs.

== I am the Petitioner/Sponsor/Citizen Spouse ==

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.