scottgema

cost of filing K1

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

right but it wont hurt ur petition if u r frontloading it. :) as long as u r willing to spend money for that too. really depends on how u want ur I129F to be. but as long as u provide the primary docs first

Sounds like i will be ok with what I have now, I made a few adjustments but will have everything.

The hotel operations manager will sign a doc on hotel letterhead stating Gema has been a registered guest in my room since July so that will be proof of having met alogn with pictures, passport stamps.

The cenomar can wait till later for the interview. I am not worried about her stay with me meaning something else at this stage because as others have said they are not establishing proof of her being able to marry at this point, this is simply confirming I have the right to petition her and we have met.

Thanks again everyone =).

please feel free to add more if you think of something, it can't hurt.

1/16/2013: NOA1
5/29/2013: XFER TO TSC
6/24/2013: NOA2
7/11/2013: Mailed to NVC
7/19/2013: Received NVC#(MNL#) in email
7/22/2013: Petition packet Shipped to Manila from NVC "In Transit"
7/24/2013: Petition package received in Manila - Consulate ready for interview
8/01/2013: Medical at St Luke's PASSED!!!
8/12/2013: INTERVIEW American CO " APPROVED"
8/13/2013: CEAC STATUS - administrative processing

8/15/2013: CEAC STATUS - ISSUED

8/26/2013: received VISA

9/05/2013: POE - GUAM -Flight from MNL to El Paso, TX- BEST DAY EVER =)

10/5/2013: Married!!

11/13/2013: Filed AOS / EAD/ & AP

11/18/2013: NOA1 all

12/12/2013: Biometrics completed

05/27/2014: AOS Interview

05/27/2014: AOS approved Received GC a week later.

10/08/2014: Report of Marriage & Passport Renewal LA Consultate General

See Hank_'s guide after NOA2:

red_flashing_arrow.gif Link to the K-1 Visa Process for Manila Embassy : Click Here

Timeline

Sounds like i will be ok with what I have now, I made a few adjustments but will have everything.

The hotel operations manager will sign a doc on hotel letterhead stating Gema has been a registered guest in my room since July so that will be proof of having met alogn with pictures, passport stamps.

The cenomar can wait till later for the interview. I am not worried about her stay with me meaning something else at this stage because as others have said they are not establishing proof of her being able to marry at this point, this is simply confirming I have the right to petition her and we have met.

Thanks again everyone =).

please feel free to add more if you think of something, it can't hurt.

Goodluck in ur visa journey. :) however CENOMAR can be used as a proof that she can legally able to marry you as well as divorce papers (if applicable) but since it does not state that Cenomar is needed along with I129F then it's fine. It just depends f u want to include it or not. with ours we will send in my cenomar to support the letter of intent (by the beneficiary which is me) which states that I can legally able to marry him.besides it wont hurt but we just want to prove that I can legally able to marry my fiance. it is not only us who will do what we are planning but actually some already did the same thing in the past and it did not hurt their application but they still provided for the interview and they passed. but again, it is up to u. :)good.gif

Timeline

if u notice in the CENOMAR it will show the dates or periods covered in their statistics (in NSO) so if you will use the CENOMAR for the interview that ur fiancee has right now then it is not updated anymore. it might take up to 6months to get a NOA2 plus medical exam and scheduling for the interview.. the embassy would like a latest copy of cenomar so it is either u send that or just keep it and get another one for the interview.. but again, it is up to u whether u want to send that or not. won't hurt. :)good.gif

if u notice in the CENOMAR it will show the dates or periods covered in their statistics (in NSO) so if you will use the CENOMAR for the interview that ur fiancee has right now then it is not updated anymore. it might take up to 6months to get a NOA2 plus medical exam and scheduling for the interview.. the embassy would like a latest copy of cenomar so it is either u send that or just keep it and get another one for the interview.. but again, it is up to u whether u want to send that or not. won't hurt. :)good.gif

CENOMAR is only good for 6 months. The NBI clearance is only good for 1 year. If the interview is close to either expiration date, the CO can ask for another copy.

Not that you'll be paying when you file the K-1 but do not forget that you'll also be responsible for a $1000 Adjustment of Status filing fee after you are married in the US. That's one of the major advantages of going the CR-1 route as you get to avoid that whole mess.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

But technically the I-129F has nothing to do with that. They don't care about that. You only have to prove you are a USC, able to marry and have met in the past 2 years leading to the filing. The rest is honestly just fluff for the I-129F.

:thumbs: The USCIS won't care about that stuff. Those other items, several of which are for the Manila consulate only, are for the K-1 visa interview.

Edited by Jay-Kay

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Thanks again everyone,

1/16/2013: NOA1
5/29/2013: XFER TO TSC
6/24/2013: NOA2
7/11/2013: Mailed to NVC
7/19/2013: Received NVC#(MNL#) in email
7/22/2013: Petition packet Shipped to Manila from NVC "In Transit"
7/24/2013: Petition package received in Manila - Consulate ready for interview
8/01/2013: Medical at St Luke's PASSED!!!
8/12/2013: INTERVIEW American CO " APPROVED"
8/13/2013: CEAC STATUS - administrative processing

8/15/2013: CEAC STATUS - ISSUED

8/26/2013: received VISA

9/05/2013: POE - GUAM -Flight from MNL to El Paso, TX- BEST DAY EVER =)

10/5/2013: Married!!

11/13/2013: Filed AOS / EAD/ & AP

11/18/2013: NOA1 all

12/12/2013: Biometrics completed

05/27/2014: AOS Interview

05/27/2014: AOS approved Received GC a week later.

10/08/2014: Report of Marriage & Passport Renewal LA Consultate General

See Hank_'s guide after NOA2:

red_flashing_arrow.gif Link to the K-1 Visa Process for Manila Embassy : Click Here

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello there.

well ya it says no need to send the beneficiary's BC, NBI etc.. but i think it wont hurt anyway.. me and my fiance are also doing the same thing. we will send a copy of his birth certificate and copy of his passport, copy my birth cert and a copy of my biographic page in my passport, we will also send a CENOMAR police clearance and even a parental consent,etc. well we just think it won't hurt the petition anyway. the more you provide the better than receiving RFE. if they dont need it then they can just ignore it. but it might be helpful for them if they will do a background investigation if not, also fine.

However we will also bring documents needed for the interview. like the CENOMAR, NBI, POLICE Clearance, etc...

I guess for some filers they prefer to send in more than LESS.

But make SURE u provide first the documents are are primarily needed for the I-129F.. then add some if u like.

Our cover letter is 2 pages. LOL! but we made sure to provide what are really needed then the supporting docs. :)

Never DO DO when DO will DO :whistle:

CENOMAR, police clearance (if lived in another country for 6 months or more), NBI (etc) truly are not needed at the petition stage of this journey and not having them in the petition will not be cause for getting an RFE - it just makes for a big pile of paper that has no value at this time. As long as you have what is listed for the I-129F process you will be just fine.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Never DO DO when DO will DO :whistle:

CENOMAR, police clearance (if lived in another country for 6 months or more), NBI (etc) truly are not needed at the petition stage of this journey and not having them in the petition will not be cause for getting an RFE - it just makes for a big pile of paper that has no value at this time. As long as you have what is listed for the I-129F process you will be just fine.

Happy New Year! dancin5hr.gif

Edited by Robb&Ann

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.