scottgema

cost of filing K1

26 posts in this topic

On the fees website its listing the K1 as $240 but I recently remember seeing it listed at like $390 or something along those lines.

I know fees change but does anyone know what I need to make it out for?

This is my checklist.

Contents include:

- Payment in the amount of $

- I-129F

- I-129F Supplement: Part B, Question 18, explanation of meeting in person

- G-325A and passport style photo (Petitioner)

- G-325A and passport style photo (Beneficiary)

- Birth certificate & US Passport (Petitioner)

- NBI Clearance & PH Birth certificate (Beneficiary)

- Letter certifying intent to marry (Petitioner and Beneficiary)

- Proof of having met in person in the past two years

- Proof of ongoing relationship

sub question ~ my proof of Having met and proof of ongoing relationship are really the same thing, pictures, and copies of my passport showing my stay.

She has lived with me for the last 6 months in the serviced apartment the company rents for me.

I don't really have copies of receipts from hotels or trips because the one we took was before I knew I should keep them.

1/16/2013: NOA1
5/29/2013: XFER TO TSC
6/24/2013: NOA2
7/11/2013: Mailed to NVC
7/19/2013: Received NVC#(MNL#) in email
7/22/2013: Petition packet Shipped to Manila from NVC "In Transit"
7/24/2013: Petition package received in Manila - Consulate ready for interview
8/01/2013: Medical at St Luke's PASSED!!!
8/12/2013: INTERVIEW American CO " APPROVED"
8/13/2013: CEAC STATUS - administrative processing

8/15/2013: CEAC STATUS - ISSUED

8/26/2013: received VISA

9/05/2013: POE - GUAM -Flight from MNL to El Paso, TX- BEST DAY EVER =)

10/5/2013: Married!!

11/13/2013: Filed AOS / EAD/ & AP

11/18/2013: NOA1 all

12/12/2013: Biometrics completed

05/27/2014: AOS Interview

05/27/2014: AOS approved Received GC a week later.

10/08/2014: Report of Marriage & Passport Renewal LA Consultate General

See Hank_'s guide after NOA2:

red_flashing_arrow.gif Link to the K-1 Visa Process for Manila Embassy : Click Here

It's $340 to file the petition.

How about copies of boarding passes, any receipts from ATMs or purchases while you were out there?

Good luck!! :thumbs:

Edited by Bumbero

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

On the fees website its listing the K1 as $240 but I recently remember seeing it listed at like $390 or something along those lines.

I know fees change but does anyone know what I need to make it out for?

This is my checklist.

Contents include:

- Payment in the amount of $

- I-129F

- I-129F Supplement: Part B, Question 18, explanation of meeting in person

- G-325A and passport style photo (Petitioner)

- G-325A and passport style photo (Beneficiary)

- Birth certificate & US Passport (Petitioner)

- NBI Clearance & PH Birth certificate (Beneficiary)

- Letter certifying intent to marry (Petitioner and Beneficiary)

- Proof of having met in person in the past two years

- Proof of ongoing relationship

sub question ~ my proof of Having met and proof of ongoing relationship are really the same thing, pictures, and copies of my passport showing my stay.

She has lived with me for the last 6 months in the serviced apartment the company rents for me.

I don't really have copies of receipts from hotels or trips because the one we took was before I knew I should keep them.

Hey there!

You're not paying the K-1 fee yet - you have to pay the I-129F fee. The fee for the I-129F filing is $340 (I just filed it and got my NOA1 this past week and my check has been cashed for that amount).

Proof of ongoing is more like texts, emails, phone records, etc. If you've been living together, and you have proof like joint name on a lease, that is good to show ongoing relationship too.

Best of luck!

I am the USC/petitioner.

Our K-1 Journey
12/19/2012 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Express
12/21/2012 - I-129F arrives in Lewisville, TX according to USPS tracking (delayed because it's the USPS)
12/21/2012 - NOA1 date of receipt
12/26/2012 - NOA1 received via text/email
12/27/2012 - Checked cashed by USCIS
12/31/2012 - Alien Number changed (NOA1 hardcopy in post, but was away for 2 weeks prior)

05/16/2013 - NOA2 received via text/email

05/20/2013 - NOA2 hardcopy received in post

05/28/2013 - NVC receives packet and assigns London case number

07/15/2013 - Sent all paperwork/medical complete

08/23/2013 - Receive Interview Date

09/19/2013 - Interview

Oh, also the NBI and PI BC won't be needed until the interview and the CFO seminar. Those do not need to be sent in with the petition.

Did you read the K1 guide on Vj?

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Edited by Bumbero

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You are confusing the K-1 visa fee with the I-129f petition application fee. The K-1 visa is applied for AFTER the embassy receives an approved I-129f petition. That said, the fee for the I-129f is $340. Once your petition is approved, the next fee you pay will be the K-1 visa fee (which is $240).

And for your checklist:

No need for both birth certificate and US passport of petitioner...only 1 will be sufficient to prove citizenship.

Beneficiary does not need to include birth certificate, not sure what is NBI clearance but positive that is not needed either.

Proof of ongoing relationship isn't needed either, unless you are front loading your petition for the embassy once they receive your petition.

For proof of having met, pictures are only secondary evidence. You need to include as much primary evidence as you can, which includes boarding passes, passport stamps, any receipts that can prove you were there at that time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello there.

well ya it says no need to send the beneficiary's BC, NBI etc.. but i think it wont hurt anyway.. me and my fiance are also doing the same thing. we will send a copy of his birth certificate and copy of his passport, copy my birth cert and a copy of my biographic page in my passport, we will also send a CENOMAR police clearance and even a parental consent,etc. well we just think it won't hurt the petition anyway. the more you provide the better than receiving RFE. if they dont need it then they can just ignore it. but it might be helpful for them if they will do a background investigation if not, also fine.

However we will also bring documents needed for the interview. like the CENOMAR, NBI, POLICE Clearance, etc...

I guess for some filers they prefer to send in more than LESS.

But make SURE u provide first the documents are are primarily needed for the I-129F.. then add some if u like.

Our cover letter is 2 pages. LOL! but we made sure to provide what are really needed then the supporting docs. :)

Thank you all for clearing up the Fee part.

I have read the guide about 100 times.

I am front loading with the additional docs like NBI Clearance and Birth Cert for her along with a copy of her gov. issued ID.

I am sending my passport with all pages and stamps showing my stay in the philippines

last year Aug - Nov 2011

then

April to now 2012

I have receipts from the place I am staying but nothing that has both our names because it's in my name and paid for by the company I work for.

I have itinerary for her Mom's trip to Manila which I am now going to throw in.

We don't have emails etc really because we live together, we don't take trips on planes because that costs money I don't have, I am not your average call center exec in the Philippines.

I really only have my passport and photos of us but then I included her ID which has her picture and then she is in the picture with me so its kind of clear I am with the person on the documents.

Wouldn't that provide proof we have met in person.

I am also going to ask the staff at the hotel to write up a letter confirming Gema has stayed with me in my Unit since July of this year and sign & date it on hotel letterhead.

I am also planning to post it note the hell out of this thing.

Would that cut it or could I screwed here lol?

red_flashing_arrow.gif Link to the K-1 Visa Process for Manila Embassy : Click Here

You are only proving to the US that you are eligible to file for the K1 by filing the I-129F.

I would just read the instructions on filling out the I-129F (which is here http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf).

Make sure you follow those instructions to a T.

They are wanting to make sure that you are eligible to bring her here. This requires you to be a US citizen and that you have met in the past 2 years. You meet both these criteria. Send hotel receipts, pictures of you together (which you have to write on the back of with a felt tip pen information. The mother's trip to Manila don't matter. They only care that the two of you met. If you have pictures with her family, you'll indicate that on the back of the pictures.

I personally included proof of an ongoing relationship seeing as it's going to get forwarded to the Embassy. Something like proof of an ongoing relationship doesn't expire. But the other things like Cenomar, NBI like that might be better to just take with her when she files her paperwork after the I-129F is approved.

These things have variables associated with them. You never know what's going to happen along the way of the process. I'm not sure how long the forms are good for when you get them, but I believe it's best to have recent versions of the Cenomar, NBI, I-134 and stuff like that. A lot can change in the 6-8 months it takes for the I-129F to get approved. She could have been in trouble with the law, she could have gotten married (to you of course since you live there as well) and your income could have drastically changed. (Not saying any of this is going to happen, but you have to look at it from the Consulate's eyes as well).

I wish you best of luck.

01/15/12 - Sent Aya a message on a dating site
03/10/12 - We became "exclusive"
03/15/12 - We told each other "I love you"
08/17/12 - 2 week trip to the Philippines to be with her
08/27/12 - I asked her to marry me (in Cebuano), she cried and said yes
09/02/12 - I came back to the USA

Started on the paperwork

09/22/12 - Mailed I-129F
09/25/12 - Saw on USPS that the package was delivered in Texas
09/28/12 - NOA1
10/08/12 - Received hard copy NOA1
12/19/12 - CFO Counseling Session (to get it out of the way)
04/27/13 - NOA2
05/06/13 - NVC Received and MNL # assigned
05/21/13 - Medical Exam Day
06/04/13 - Interview Day
xx/xx/xx - Visa Arrived
xx/xx/xx - Off to Chicago

We will be getting new copies of NBI and cenomar etc once the NOA2 is received and sent to her for the interview etc. You are right, a lot could happen.

Will leave out mom Itin but I am going to keep hotel letter from manager and receipts I can get from them.

Receipts with both of your names on it is definitely proof of meeting in person ;)

We will be getting new copies of NBI and cenomar etc once the NOA2 is received and sent to her for the interview etc. You are right, a lot could happen.

Will leave out mom Itin but I am going to keep hotel letter from manager and receipts I can get from them.

Started on the paperwork

09/22/12 - Mailed I-129F
09/28/12 - NOA1
04/27/13 - NOA2
06/04/13 - Interview Day
xx/xx/xx - Visa Arrived

Timeline

for NBI - good for 1 year but the US embassy requires to have atleast 6 months validity when u bring it during the interview but nowadays it is easy to get nbi already by just registering online and make an appointment. u can get nbi in 1day if ur name is not a "hit" meaning no other person has the same name as yours. a week if ur name is a "hit" like mine. cost is P140 (online) plus 20 if paid thru gcash globe center

Police clearance - 60 days cost is 300 for abroad purposes like for visa (but im not sure if it is the same in other places in PH.mine is P300)

CENOMAR - they said 6 months, some says 3 months but better if ur fiancee gets a latest copy bec usually in the cenomar, NSO updates the dates of their record and it will reflect in the cenomar .. a certain date/coverage of their record on file will be shown in the latest copy. cost. depends if u order online. P450 (in other online site where u can order and have it delivered) / P435 (at e-census) but again depends too on where it is going to be delivered. takes 3-5 days in manila but could be weeks in province but if u get it at NSO u will get it in 1 day and cost is P100+ but it will surely be a long line at nso

*I think the cost won't matter as long as you will be able to get your fiancee and live happily

I134 - yes it should be available during the interview too.must have the petitioner's original signature and other supporting docs like ITR, company letter,etc..

Proofs of having met in the past 2 years:

-pictures

-receipts

-itineraries

-etc.. send all the proofs that will show that u and her have met in the past 2 years (which i know you really are since you said you both stayed in one place)

with regards to her mom's trip to manila, in my opinion it is fine.. just add additional note about it.. for me it is fine at least it will show that you met her family members and even spent for her mom's trip to Manila. though it might not be necessary but if they don't need it then they will just disregard it..

with regards to chat logs, it is one of the documents of proof of an ongoing relationship. but what about between November 2011 to April 2012, what are your means of communication? If you talk on skype thru videocall, then you can extract the call logs on skype.

With regards to you and her living in one roof when you were here, that idk... I hope someone can give u a better idea with regards to that part of u and ur fiancee living in one roof while u r here.. because it could be viewed in a different way. i am not a legal adviser and I dont want to mislead you. I will ask my fiance once he wakes up and see if he has an idea on this. :)

Timeline

Receipts with both of your names on it is definitely proof of meeting in person ;)

unfortunately here in Ph usually receipts dont include the customer's name unless u use ur credit card/debit card that has your name or an itineraries.. but yes it is definitely a proof of meeting in person. good.gif

Timeline

the good thing of sending a CENOMAR along with the I129F packet is that it will show that the fiancee is legally able to marry the petitioner. cenomar will prove that during the time before the I129F was sent, the fiancee is single.. and another cenomar for interview to prove that she is still legally able to marry the petitioner. :)

NBI, police clearance can also be used to prove that the fiancee do not have any records on file. before sending the I129F and another for the interview to prove that during those time that the I129F is on process, eh the fiancee did not had any records on file. though yes those are not required to be send in along with I129F but might help the reviewers if they need something to be verified..

But technically the I-129F has nothing to do with that. They don't care about that. You only have to prove you are a USC, able to marry and have met in the past 2 years leading to the filing. The rest is honestly just fluff for the I-129F.

Started on the paperwork

09/22/12 - Mailed I-129F
09/28/12 - NOA1
04/27/13 - NOA2
06/04/13 - Interview Day
xx/xx/xx - Visa Arrived

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You are only proving to the US that you are eligible to file for the K1 by filing the I-129F.

I would just read the instructions on filling out the I-129F (which is here http://www.uscis.gov...i-129finstr.pdf).

Make sure you follow those instructions to a T.

They are wanting to make sure that you are eligible to bring her here. This requires you to be a US citizen and that you have met in the past 2 years. You meet both these criteria. Send hotel receipts, pictures of you together (which you have to write on the back of with a felt tip pen information. The mother's trip to Manila don't matter. They only care that the two of you met. If you have pictures with her family, you'll indicate that on the back of the pictures.

I personally included proof of an ongoing relationship seeing as it's going to get forwarded to the Embassy. Something like proof of an ongoing relationship doesn't expire. But the other things like Cenomar, NBI like that might be better to just take with her when she files her paperwork after the I-129F is approved.

These things have variables associated with them. You never know what's going to happen along the way of the process. I'm not sure how long the forms are good for when you get them, but I believe it's best to have recent versions of the Cenomar, NBI, I-134 and stuff like that. A lot can change in the 6-8 months it takes for the I-129F to get approved. She could have been in trouble with the law, she could have gotten married (to you of course since you live there as well) and your income could have drastically changed. (Not saying any of this is going to happen, but you have to look at it from the Consulate's eyes as well).

I wish you best of luck.

:thumbs:I agree reading and understanding of the rules and regulations for k-1 through at least ROC in mandatory. It is your job to prove everything not theirs. Put everything in a folder/box and sort it out to use later.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.