keobong

EAD get lost by USPS, can I request to re-issue or re-apply?

20 posts in this topic

It was a good idea and I wish for her sake it would work... it's just amazing that there's no signature. I think maybe the signature I'm remembering is for the GC? What a pain.

I didn't sign for EAD or GC. Both were just left in the letterbox.

Thank you everyone for the post. I talked to my employer and they dont accept the approval notice.. They insist that I have to show my EAD card. I am so heartbroken..Does any of you remember if the envelop for EAD was small enough to put in a mail box? I am thinking they left in wrong building with same mailbox number :(

Can you please tell me how you get in contact with Post Master in my area? Is that the supervisor at your local post office or a different person? Please give me more detail.

I really appreciate it

We had a parcel misdirected by USPS about 2 years ago. After getting the run around by the post office staff we wrote a letter to the Post Master asking them to verify exactly where and to whom the item was delivered. It was 'supposed' to be delivered to our address but the 'time' of the delivery did not correspond to when the Postal truck was in our area. They tracked down 'where' the postal truck was at that time, went back and retrieved the parcel from where it was mis-directed and we went to the post office to pick it up, not trusting them to 'deliver ' it again. So, try writing to the Post Master, explain the consequences of their faulty delivery and ask them to re-trace exactly what happened with the parcel. Have them accept responsibility - and at the very least, request that if they are not able to retrieve the misdirected letter, that they cover the cost of a replacement EAD. You can find out what the replacement cost is from USCIS. Our Post Master did agree that if they weren't able to retrieve our package, they would pay for it to be replaced and reshipped. You may be able to get the same sort of attention - but the Post Master has to be the one who makes that commitment, not the postal employee. Good luck.

11/16/2012: Sent the pack to NBC

11/21/2012: Text rec'd package

11/24/2012: Priority Date- NOA's receipts

12/03/2012: Biometric Appointment Received- Schedule to 12/19/2012

12/04/2012: Biometric Walk-in Successful, Chicago Office

12/10/2012: Request Expedite EAD

12/12/2012: Approval EAD, rec'd emails & text.

12/18/2012: EAD card sent

12/20/2012: EAD tracking said it was delivered.. still not rec'd.

Filed: Timeline

Thank you everyone for the post. I talked to my employer and they dont accept the approval notice.. They insist that I have to show my EAD card. I am so heartbroken..Does any of you remember if the envelop for EAD was small enough to put in a mail box? I am thinking they left in wrong building with same mailbox number :(

Can you please tell me how you get in contact with Post Master in my area? Is that the supervisor at your local post office or a different person? Please give me more detail.

I really appreciate it

Hey there! Sorry to hear that. I was hoping maybe they would be more lenient. Like I said earlier, mine both GC and EAD card came in a regular mail and did not have to sign any of them, they were just waiting for me in the mailbox when I got home. Of your other question, I am not sure how you could get in contact with the post master...maybe you could check it online for your area? Let's hope the person who wrote this idea will get back to you and let you know! All the best! Seriously!!

• 1 year later...

This has just happened to me also except two EADs went missing simultaneously. Myself and my wife's. They were listed as delivered on Dec 10th at 5.30pm to my apartment complex but never arrived. I have contacted the local postmaster and have been told they are conducting an investigation but have heard nothing yet.

I have requested they cover the cost if they are unable to find them - $380 x 2.

It has involved much time on the telephone and there was an initial suggestion they had been delivered however I have explained at least 5 times they have not.

The whole experience has been Kafkaesque and I understand I will need to reapply now as the USCIS cannot reissue.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi All,

My EAD based on pending i-485 was approved and sent out. According to USPS tracking label, it was delivered last Thursday Dec 20th, 2012. I live in a high rise building in which front desk people takes all the packages. This package was never signed for and local post office told me it was delivered by temporary hired employee due to busy xmas season so they can't do anything more than telling me it was delivered. I have been looking for a week at both the local post office and the building. Now, I believe it is lost.

I wonder what should I do? I have a job starting next Friday. Should I go ahead re-apply and pay 385$ & request expedite or should I request for re-issue due to improper delivery? I opened a case w/ USCIS but if the shipping label said it was delivered, will USCIS do anything further to assit me or just tell me re-apply?

Any advice or experiences are much appreciate.

1. meet the next USPS human at the building and ask for a resort of all of the mail that's in the post boxes. It's quite possible your EAD was put into a box that is not tenant-occupied. A Resort will discover this, recover this. While yer at it, place a name card with the names of all humans that reside at that flat/apartment. FWIW, this is a letter, not a package, not require signature. It would fit into yer slot, so I'm guessing the USPS human got it wrong, put it in the wrong slot. Getting a resort done is useful. You might want to bring a batch of cookies (no, I'm not kidding) to trade off for this special favor.

2. let's assume the EAD was sent back to USCIS. about 24 to 30 days from the 20th o December, call up USCIS, ask for an ISO, and go over 'returned mail pieces' and 'your current address' with that ISO. You'll need to be adamant with the CSR, the first human that answers the phone, to transfer you to an ISO. Expect a wait of up to 2 hours for that transfer.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.