ciaobella80

N-400 Interview - some issues and I need insights

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Indeed the law is harsh. I never thought I'd be arrested as well. It happened in a luxury hotel in San Francisco, and instead of the hotel management to internally solve the argument between me and my husband, they opted to call the police instead and in turn the police arrested me.

"What the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve." - Napoleon Hill

N400

12/6/12 - Filed N400 application

12/18/12 - NOA

1/8/13 - Biometrics appointment (rescheduled)

1/18/13 - Biometrics appointment (rescheduled)

2/11/13 - Biometrics appointment

2/5/13 - Yellow notice received

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Indeed the law is harsh. I never thought I'd be arrested as well. It happened in a luxury hotel in San Francisco, and instead of the hotel management to internally solve the argument between me and my husband, they opted to call the police instead and in turn the police arrested me.

Have you received any letter for your Oath date yet? I got approved around the same time as yours and i still haven't received any letter or anything

• 3 years later...

First of all congratulations on your citizenship. I have exact same situations, arrested, no charges filed happened back in 2009. Total I have 4 documents now.

1. Original arrest record from police with detailed description what happened. 2. Letter from court with heading of no complaint notice says that I was discharged because no criminal complaint has been filed yet, by the DA office. DA decided not to file any criminal charge against me. this does not mean the charges against you have been dismissed. DA may yet file a complaint against you. 3. Letter from police department saying that they certify that I was taken into custody was a detention only, not an arrest. 4. Bail receipt shows that defendant to appear on certain date in court but I never had to appear.

Now I am filling up form and one of the question says if I was ever charged for any crime? I am not sure whether to say yes or no here. I was charged by police but then no charges were filed in court. So should I say yes or no here?

I consulted attorney and asked about court dispositionletter. They said no disposition letter court will have as there is no charge filed in court and no record in court. No case number etc. so they suggested me to file with these 4 documents I have with me. How did you get the certified copy from court? Do I need to to get any more letter from court or police department before filing?

Did you go to police station later and got the clearance letter? I called my original Attoeney and she said DA is no more working so they can not get any letter from DA that it is not filed. How to get this certified court disposition letter?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

This thread is from 2012, and the OP hasn't logged on to VJ since April 2013. The thread is now closed to further comment. Feel free to begin a new thread in this forum with your questions.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.