JustUs

Long AP Status

22 posts in this topic

So why dose it take that long?

they should have just denied the person so they know what to plan next

what do they say when they put someone on AP?

Well i do not know about all this

but God have been so great in my life for nothing putting me and my fiancee through it

Good Luck with the wait i put you in my prayers

you should pray too because its been long maybe God will show you a sign of your next step sooner

Love stretches your heart and makes you BIG inside

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

So why dose it take that long?

they should have just denied the person so they know what to plan next

what do they say when they put someone on AP?

Well i do not know about all this

but God have been so great in my life for nothing putting me and my fiancee through it

Good Luck with the wait i put you in my prayers

you should pray too because its been long maybe God will show you a sign of your next step sooner

Some people go into AP due to needing some additional information or paperwork and they are so notified. Others are just told that they are doing background checks without providing specific details. Since it is an issue of national security I am sure they don't want to give much details so that the person being investigated cannot interfere or influence the process - I get that and appreciate my government being thorough. I just don't get why it would take over a year or even a year long to process. My husband is a simple man who has lived a basic life and has only lived in two different communities. You would think it would be simple to check whatever it is they are supposedly looking into. Thank you for your kind words - yes we will continue to pray along with all the prayers coming from friends and family. It is not easy but it helps when you have a strong relationship as we do.

Staying strong and patient in love and faith!

http://ghanaspouse.blogspot.com/

Timeline

I am curious about others who have been in AP for a long time - is it just me over-analyzing or does there seem to be a trend towards beneficiaries who are of the Muslim religion to go into AP more commonly and for longer periods? I hope no one is offended by this topic - I just feel a need to talk it out a bit based on several AP situations I have tracked on this site. My husband has been in AP since October, 2011. Yes, we have written and called, several times, everybody we can think of who might have some pull to help us. No one can, so we just wait our turn.

To all the other AP folks waiting in the wings with us, keep your head up and keep the love strong.

I know you guys probably have but what about emailing the Embassy in Ghana weekly and letting them know u all would like to set up an appointment to finalize interview. I read on here recently somewhere (let me find it) where someone was in a similar situation and they kept emailing the US Embassy in Ghana and they finally got a response. Just a though - It's a shot in the dark -

There is nothing that wastes the body like worry, and one who has any faith in God should be ashamed to worry about anything whatsoever” ~Mahatma Gandhi~

Timeline

my husband was also placed in AP for 7 months. you should call the District of State (1-202-663-1225) and they'll ask for case# and name and give you update if pending AP or not. i use to call this # everyday until they gave me a good news that AP is over.

Called them last week - same answer - still in AP. Yes I will continue to call them. Thank you.

I know you guys probably have but what about emailing the Embassy in Ghana weekly and letting them know u all would like to set up an appointment to finalize interview. I read on here recently somewhere (let me find it) where someone was in a similar situation and they kept emailing the US Embassy in Ghana and they finally got a response. Just a though - It's a shot in the dark -

Sent my monthly embassy email last week - waiting for the latest response. I email them at minimum once a month and will continue to do so.

Timeline

Called them last week - same answer - still in AP. Yes I will continue to call them. Thank you.

Sent my monthly embassy email last week - waiting for the latest response. I email them at minimum once a month and will continue to do so.

K ~

There is nothing that wastes the body like worry, and one who has any faith in God should be ashamed to worry about anything whatsoever” ~Mahatma Gandhi~

Timeline

VJ member just gave me this link where I can check the status of our case and of course, the status is the same. I'm sharing the link for others in AP to use to check their status as well. I so appreciate VJ members.

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

Happy New Year to all!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.