TatTot

Interview Experience

27 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow! Congrats Pat and Leoni, we are so happy for you guys. See you soon! :) :)

Sent I-129F 02/18/12

Received 02/21/12

NOA1 - 02/23/12 (Sent to CSC)

NOA2 - 07/10/12

Called and received MNL Case # - 07/23/12

Medical 8/22/12-8/23/12 Everything is all good.

Interview 8/28/12 Approved

Received Visa XX/XX/XX

CFO XX/XX/XX

Timeline

Thanks everyone, and also I forgot to thank Raz, who constantly helped me in answering all my queries!!! VJ IS AWESOME!!!

question as when did we first meet.. kinda confusing or am i just rationalized it.. is that when u finally see each other personally or its first meet as if first talk to net or anywhere, first you meet each other?

pls response it will be a good help for those who's anxious about what question to be ask on their big day.. thank you

if you first talked thru the net so that would be it, and yup, keep it simple especially on Filipino consuls, just answer what's being asked. I have a tip: know every little detail about your fiance, I heard somebody was asked about her fiance's favorite sport, and she said "I don't know", the lady american consul got upset and I think she got scared she then said "he doesn't like sports"...so be confident, but don't be over confident, be smart but don't act too smart, and relax, be polite, smile and pray. Good luck to you and God bless!!!

Sounds like your interview was pretty smooth. I can only pray my fiancé has the same good experience.

Congrats and best of luck to you!

Thank you and good luck to you and your fiance! God bless!

Wow! Congrats Pat and Leoni, we are so happy for you guys. See you soon! :) :)

I'll do the countdown :)

Edited by TatTot

There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Our K1 Visa Journey
California Service Center
07/13/12 - I-129F Sent
07/18/12 - NOA1
10/29/12 - NOA2
11/02/12 - NOA2 hard copy
11/05/12 - NVC Received
11/06/12 - MNL Case Number Assigned
12/17-18/12 - Medical Exam
12/27/12 - Interview Day
12/27/12 - CFO done

01/13/13 - Visa On Hand

02/28/13 - POE

04/19/13 - Wedding Day

Till I Found You

My Interview Experience

AOS

National Benefits Center

05/28/13 - I-485/ I-765 Sent

06/04/13 - NOA

06/27/13 - Biometrics Appointment

07/16/13 - AOS status: Ready for Testing and Interview
07/25/13 - AOS status: Scheduled Interview on August 26, 2013
07/29/13 - EAD status: Card Production
08/02/13 - EAD Card Mailed
08/05/13 - EAD Card Delivered
08/26/13 - AOS Interview (Approved)
08/26/13 - AOS status: Permanent Resident Status Registered
08/29/13 - AOS status: Card Production
08/30/13 - AOS Card Mailed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations!

And thanks so much for sharing your experience

How did the guard know you were K-1 ?

Did he tell you not to wait in line just enter through the door because you had two large bags?

I would have marked question 10 SAME as you! :-)

Also Who made your appointment? You? or Fiancee?

Thanks!!

Don

Timeline

Congratulations!

And thanks so much for sharing your experience

How did the guard know you were K-1 ?

Did he tell you not to wait in line just enter through the door because you had two large bags?

I would have marked question 10 SAME as you! :-)

Also Who made your appointment? You? or Fiancee?

Thanks!!

Don

I told the guard that I was a K-1 applicant, that's when he told me to go straight to the 3rd door cause the people arranging papers for the K-1 when I arrived USEM were not there outside anymore. The ladies who were there to arrange papers were for a different kind of visa. So I say, papers should be arranged first outside before entering USEM.

I am the beneficiary and I am the one who arranged the appointment. I just tell my fiance all the details every time I do anything and all the researches I have made. :)

Good luck to you both!

Our K1 Visa Journey
07/13/12 - I-129F Sent
07/18/12 - NOA1
10/29/12 - NOA2
11/05/12 - NVC Received
12/27/12 - Interview Day
12/27/12 - CFO done

01/13/13 - Visa On Hand

02/28/13 - POE

04/19/13 - Wedding Day

Till I Found You

My Interview Experience

AOS

National Benefits Center

06/04/13 - NOA

Timeline

thanks for sharing your detailed interview experience. it's a big help for every one like me whose so nervous to go on a USEM interview when it will be my turn. although it will be a case to case basis (meaning what happened to you may or may not happen to every one) still it gives us a picture of what to expect and ideas that can help us get through it like you did.

congratulations and God bless! :thumbs:

Timeline

thanks for sharing your detailed interview experience. it's a big help for every one like me whose so nervous to go on a USEM interview when it will be my turn. although it will be a case to case basis (meaning what happened to you may or may not happen to every one) still it gives us a picture of what to expect and ideas that can help us get through it like you did.

congratulations and God bless! :thumbs:

No big deal! Good luck to you on your journey!

Great news! :thumbs::dance:

The rest will go very quickly now!

Thanks to you Hank! Hope you won't mind for more queries :)

Our K1 Visa Journey
07/13/12 - I-129F Sent
07/18/12 - NOA1
10/29/12 - NOA2
11/05/12 - NVC Received
12/27/12 - Interview Day
12/27/12 - CFO done

01/13/13 - Visa On Hand

02/28/13 - POE

04/19/13 - Wedding Day

Till I Found You

My Interview Experience

AOS

National Benefits Center

06/04/13 - NOA

Timeline

Congrat's..

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Now that I confirmed my visa was approved, I want to share to you my visa interview experience :)

My interview appointment was last December 27, 2012, 7:30am. I stayed at Bayview Park Hotel just across USEM. I woke up 4:45am to get ready and went downstairs to eat breakfast about 6am, then left the hotel about 6:30am. When I got into the US embassy, there was a long line but the guard told me not to fall in line anymore and just go straight to the 3rd door. When I was about to have my bags scanned, the lady guard laughed and was amazed how I was able to carry 2 heavy bags and even joked me that I brought my cabinet. She again scanned my other bag and said "Oh, it was a rosary" and smiled. She then instructed me to go to the 1st booth. I saw a note saying I have to show my appointment letter. When it was my turn I gave the lady my appointment letter, then she asked me if my papers were arranged outside, I said no, she then said I have to go back outside and let my papers be arranged by the ladies in blue. and I was like, ok I have no choice. I went back outside and told the guard about it, he said, how come cause nobody is there to arrange papers for the K1, that the ladies in blue and the line there is for another kind of visa, then he said, don't fall in line, go straight to the lady in blue and ask. So as instructed, that's what I did. The lady then asked for my DS 156 (2 copies), DS 156K (1 copy), DS 157 (2 copies) and appointment letter, arranged it and gave me a zip lock. I went inside the 3rd door again and Xray, then gave my arranged papers on the booth with my passport but she told me just to hold on to it. She stapled my papers, handed me my lucky number: 6081 and told me to drop off the papers at window 39 and wait for my number to be flashed on the screen. Then my anxiety began.

When I got inside there was another security check then dropped off my papers at window 39 at around 6:50am. I then saw my other 2 friends Chay and Rizza who are also VJ members and sat down next to them while waiting. I also put my passport inside the zip lock with the biographic page open.

FINGER PRINT SCAN

My number first flashed around 7:30 am at window 43, it was an american guy about mid 20's who did my finger print scan. He asked me for my name and date of birth and to put my 4 fingers left and right first followed by two thumbs together. Then asked me to sit down again and wait for my number to be flashed.

The waiting was not really bad since time seems so fast for me but the thing is you really have to be attentive in watching your number. As I was waiting, I constantly prayed.

INTERVIEW WITH THE FILIPINO CONSUL

I saw my number flashed again around 9:30am at window 47. A Filipino guy about mid 40's. He asked for my passport, NSO birth certificate,NBI clearance, CENOMAR, my fiance's I-134, ITR, W2, he didn't ask me what year so I gave all what I have, from 2009-2011, I also handed him my fiance's tax transcript. He then told me my answer on DS 157 item number 10 was wrong and told me to think of what correct answer should I put there, and I was shaking thinking what that was. He then checked all the blanks that I have to fill in and erased my answer in item #10 with a white out and instructed me to complete them all. The item # 10 was: List all countries that have issued you a passport, I put NONE and I was like, holy #######! what the heck did I do? I then told him, I'm sorry sir, I misunderstood the question and I'm so lucky he was nice, I corrected the papers, filled in the others and handed it back to him. He asked me these questions:

1. What's my current job, I said I'm unemployed. He then asked, how about your last job? I said I'm a nurse. His follow up questions were: Am I a registered nurse? Did I work as a volunteer or an employed nurse?

2. Who is my petitioner?

3. When is his birthday?

4. How did we meet?

5. When did we first meet?

6. How many times did he visit?

7. The date of his first visit.

8. The date of his 2nd visit.

He asked me to show him some of our pictures, just about 2 pages, then instructed me to sit down and wait for my number again and closed his window. I then said "thank you sir" in a loud voice and he responded back :)

INTERVIEW WITH THE AMERICAN CONSUL

9:40 am my number flashed at window 64. My lucky american consul was a guy about mid 30's. He greeted me good morning and asked how am I doing, I then responded as I was smiling :)) Then he asked me to raise my right hand for the oath and started to ask me these questions:

1. Who is my petitioner?

2. Where does he live?

3. How did we meet? (He laughed at my answer, I don't know which part was funny) :))

4. When did we first meet?

5. How many times did he visit? I said 5 times and he said, wow! that's great!!!

6. He also asked me, are you going to get married here? then I said, sir our plan is to get married in the United States within the 90 days of my arrival. Then he said, "Exactly, that's what you have to do or else your visa will be revoked and be sent back to the Philippines" ...and I was like, is that a hint? :unsure:

He then asked for our pictures and told me "your papers look good, we'll review it in a while and just go back to your seat and wait for your number to be flashed for the instructions". I then smiled and thanked him.

FINAL INSTRUCTION

My number was flashed at window 73 by 9:50 am. The lady told me I can go home and just wait for their text if they need anything else or wait at home for the delivery and that she cannot give me exact time frame for it. I then asked how come it's home delivery since I chose pick up. She then instructed me to go to window 69 to ask. The nice lady told me if I arranged "pick up" online then just wait for the text of 2go of when I can pick up the visa. They didn't give me anything and kept my passport.

I left the embassy confused if I was approved. but I rejoiced and was so positive I got approved! :lol: called my fiance immediately when I got back at the hotel. I asked some friends, searched for previous posts and found out how to check the visa status online and I was relieved when I saw my visa status: Your visa has been printed. Depending on local procedures at the location where you interviewed, your visa will be mailed or available for pickup soon. If there are further questions, or if we need updated contact information, you will be contacted.

I'm approved right? :) I just wanted to thank VJ for this site has been my bible from the start, met friends, learned a lot and will continue to be here for more to come in this entire journey. Special thanks to Joy and Richie, Mike and Tin, Hank, Todd and Jessa, and to those of you whom I asked for help and to those who are very open to their own experiences, I really consider VJ as one of my blessings in our journey. and above all to God, who has been my refuge and strength in my everyday life. To everyone, good luck, God bless, and may we all have a very prosperous new year with our loved ones!

Thank you very much for your interview review.. it's such a big help. Congratulations!

I have a question.. I worked as a volunteer nurse in a military hospital for almost 8 months.. but I'm confused if I will include it on my employers' list on DS-157 since I only work as a volunteer.. what do you think?

Thank you very much.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.