Sam&Connie

CFO

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello

My fiancee just got her visa from 2go and passport today... She has to go to CFO meeting in CEBU a few days before her flight for sticker.. My question is, what is she to bring with her to this CFO to recieve sticker..?

thnk u

SAM

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

CFO:

ALL exiting required to attend. There have been changes regarding CFO so for sure read through their website.

Update: Please check the schedule of the counseling session before proceeding to CFO because it is country-specific and the slots are limited only to 15 per session (exception: Tuesday & Thursday mornings there are 30 slots). It is on a first-come-first-serve basis.

CFO Online Registration Form: http://www.cfo.gov.p...trationform.pdf Complete this and print a couple copies to bring to the CFO seminar, it will save you time.

http://www.philembas...w_gcp_flyer.pdf

http://www.cfo.gov.p...onals&catid=140

Required documents & "OTHER DOCUMENTS" they ask for at CFO: copies of; CENOMAR, certified birth certificate, bio page of passport, visa page from passport, pictures together. From USC (copies of) - bio page of passport, birth certificate, divorce decree (if been married before) are the most common requests. The "other documents" clause can be ANYTHING with those nit-wits at CFO.

** From the Family Code of the Philippines: it's 21-25 years old for advice and 18-21 years old for consent. (Some are posted on VJ that they were not asked for this, yet others have been asked, so be prepared)

Art. 14. In case either or both of the contracting parties, not having been emancipated by a previous marriage, are between the ages of eighteen and twenty-one, they shall, in addition to the requirements of the preceding articles, exhibit to the local civil registrar, the consent to their marriage of their father, mother, surviving parent or guardian, or persons having legal charge of them, in the order mentioned. Such consent shall be manifested in writing by the interested party, who personally appears before the proper local civil registrar, or in the form of an affidavit made in the presence of two witnesses and attested before any official authorized by law to administer oaths. The personal manifestation shall be recorded in both applications for marriage license, and the affidavit, if one is executed instead, shall be attached to said applications. (61a)

Art. 15. Any contracting party between the age of twenty-one and twenty-five shall be obliged to ask their parents or guardian for advice upon the intended marriage. If they do not obtain such advice, or if it be unfavorable, the marriage license shall not be issued till after three months following the completion of the publication of the application therefor.A sworn statement by the contracting parties to the effect that such advice has been sought,together with the written advice given, if any, shall be attached to the application for marriage license. Should the parents or guardian refuse to give any advice, this fact shall be stated in the sworn statement.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

They asked for copy of passport stamp they wanted to see it for some reason that was part of the "other" group if you sent her copy of your I-129F packet I would have her take that as you never know what they ask and its a pain when you need to go back and get it like we had to oh they asked for chat logs as well but they never asked for parental consent its such a pain be glad when she gets it done lol

Is there a template or example of what the parental/guardian advice should look like?

CFO:

ALL exiting required to attend. There have been changes regarding CFO so for sure read through their website.

Update: Please check the schedule of the counseling session before proceeding to CFO because it is country-specific and the slots are limited only to 15 per session (exception: Tuesday & Thursday mornings there are 30 slots). It is on a first-come-first-serve basis.

CFO Online Registration Form: http://www.cfo.gov.p...trationform.pdf Complete this and print a couple copies to bring to the CFO seminar, it will save you time.

http://www.philembas...w_gcp_flyer.pdf

http://www.cfo.gov.p...onals&catid=140

Required documents & "OTHER DOCUMENTS" they ask for at CFO: copies of; CENOMAR, certified birth certificate, bio page of passport, visa page from passport, pictures together. From USC (copies of) - bio page of passport, birth certificate, divorce decree (if been married before) are the most common requests. The "other documents" clause can be ANYTHING with those nit-wits at CFO.

** From the Family Code of the Philippines: it's 21-25 years old for advice and 18-21 years old for consent. (Some are posted on VJ that they were not asked for this, yet others have been asked, so be prepared)

Art. 14. In case either or both of the contracting parties, not having been emancipated by a previous marriage, are between the ages of eighteen and twenty-one, they shall, in addition to the requirements of the preceding articles, exhibit to the local civil registrar, the consent to their marriage of their father, mother, surviving parent or guardian, or persons having legal charge of them, in the order mentioned. Such consent shall be manifested in writing by the interested party, who personally appears before the proper local civil registrar, or in the form of an affidavit made in the presence of two witnesses and attested before any official authorized by law to administer oaths. The personal manifestation shall be recorded in both applications for marriage license, and the affidavit, if one is executed instead, shall be attached to said applications. (61a)

Art. 15. Any contracting party between the age of twenty-one and twenty-five shall be obliged to ask their parents or guardian for advice upon the intended marriage. If they do not obtain such advice, or if it be unfavorable, the marriage license shall not be issued till after three months following the completion of the publication of the application therefor.A sworn statement by the contracting parties to the effect that such advice has been sought,together with the written advice given, if any, shall be attached to the application for marriage license. Should the parents or guardian refuse to give any advice, this fact shall be stated in the sworn statement.

Timeline

Is there a template or example of what the parental/guardian advice should look like?

Yeah you can use (Found on this post http://www.visajourn...ost__p__5253609)

Sworn statement that advice of parents or guardian has been asked. (for those who are 21-24 years old)

Consent to marriage of a person under age. (for those who are 18-20 years old)

I gave copy to my fiancee but when she went to local civil registry office with her two parents they had their own forum and it was like 50 peso or something to have it done

My fiancee just went to the CFO in Cebu and this is what they made her have with her......

NSO

2 Valid IDs

Supporting documents

- Pictures

- Divorce papers if applicable

- Proof of a relationship (I know it's not required, but this was all asked of by my fiancee there in Cebu)

She saw someone get sent away and told to come back the next day with tax papers from her fiance.

They only take 12 people a day.

My fiancee got very very lucky and someone gave her their spot because they knew they didn't have all the paperwork. The guy that gave her his spot was there since 2am and he was 6th in line.

You have to be early. The registration starts at 8 and then the seminar starts at 2 with a 20-30 minute interview to follow.

01/15/12 - Sent Aya a message on a dating site
03/10/12 - We became "exclusive"
03/15/12 - We told each other "I love you"
08/17/12 - 2 week trip to the Philippines to be with her
08/27/12 - I asked her to marry me (in Cebuano), she cried and said yes
09/02/12 - I came back to the USA

Started on the paperwork

09/22/12 - Mailed I-129F
09/25/12 - Saw on USPS that the package was delivered in Texas
09/28/12 - NOA1
10/08/12 - Received hard copy NOA1
12/19/12 - CFO Counseling Session (to get it out of the way)
04/27/13 - NOA2
05/06/13 - NVC Received and MNL # assigned
05/21/13 - Medical Exam Day
06/04/13 - Interview Day
xx/xx/xx - Visa Arrived
xx/xx/xx - Off to Chicago

Timeline

The only forms I have seen are from specific cities. I would suggest if one is needed to go to the local municipal offices for where your fiancee lives, might as well get it signed and notarized while there.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

The only forms I have seen are from specific cities. I would suggest if one is needed to go to the local municipal offices for where your fiancee lives, might as well get it signed and notarized while there.

She is in Davao city. When I go to visit in March we will do this. I'll print out and bring the form Thermite provided from Quezon City just in case.

I was talking to her about this last night and she thinks we need to see an attorney to have this notarized. Is that the case? I know here in the states you can find a notary at the gas station or anywhere really. But, based on your comment I take it the local registry office could do this?

CFO questions :

- Is it better to wait on CFO until after the interview? Or does it matter? I see Louis and Aya did CFO before NOA2 (same place we're at) this is the first time I've seen (noticed) someone do it before interview

- Can I sit in on the CFO? Or would I just drop her off for the day?

- Is it better to do Manila or Cebu? Or the same?

- is there a CFO guide on here that I missed? Maybe a good time to make one, if not.

Thanks for the help!

Edit: I guess since CFO is Philippines specific there is no guide. Is it possible to create country/embassy specific guides here? Just curious.

Edited by Dustin and Janen

Timeline

No you do not need an attorney to get the form notarized in the Phils.

I know many go to CFO before the interview then come back later to get the sticker, no issues.

No you can not "sit in" at the seminar, in fact they won't let you enter the building.

No difference to doing CFO in Manila or Cebu, just have to go back to the same CFO office for your sticker.

There is info for CFO in the link in my signature for the K-1 process, I will add it here for you.

CFO:

CFO Online Registration Form: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/pdf/downloadable%20forms/registrationform.pdf Complete this and print a couple copies to bring to the CFO seminar, it will save you time.

http://www.philembassy.no/sites/default/files/downloads/new_gcp_flyer.pdf

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348:fiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals&catid=140

Examples (from Quezon City):

Advice of Parents: http://www.quezoncity.gov.ph/images/stories/downloadables/forms/parentadvice.pdf

Consent to Marry: http://www.quezoncity.gov.ph/images/stories/downloadables/forms/consenttomarriage.pdf

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

The Manila office takes more people per day.

Since there are only 2 places in all of PI to get it, then I'm figuring it's about the same ratio of who shows up so the fact Manila takes more people probably doesn't mean anything.

Cebu, if feasible, may be the better option. I would however get there around 2am and camp. You can wait in line and then bug off and find something to do for the rest of the day as she'll be there till about 4-5pm.

Started on the paperwork

09/22/12 - Mailed I-129F
09/28/12 - NOA1
04/27/13 - NOA2
06/04/13 - Interview Day
xx/xx/xx - Visa Arrived

Timeline

My fiancee had no problems with the Cebu office but she went early in the morning and did most of the paperwork and just hung out there for couple of hours while she waited for the seminar to start she did have to come back because they wanted to see my passport stamp of entry and chat logs and then they gave her the certificate. She did say CFO was worse then Interview at Embassy but that's probably because I went to Interview

They are a bit of a pain they asked her What i did and she said Make plastic and they did not understand so she just said machine operator to make them happy

Dustin and Janen: You can have it notarized at the local Civil registry where you have it done she didn't need the ones I printed out but I gave them to her just in case

Timeline

The Manila office takes more people per day.

Since there are only 2 places in all of PI to get it, then I'm figuring it's about the same ratio of who shows up so the fact Manila takes more people probably doesn't mean anything.

Cebu, if feasible, may be the better option. I would however get there around 2am and camp. You can wait in line and then bug off and find something to do for the rest of the day as she'll be there till about 4-5pm.

The CFO seminar is only about 4 hours total.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

You are right but in the Cebu office they start registration at 8am and then the seminar doesn't start till around 1pm.

Aya just did it. Whoever is there will be there all day long.

The CFO seminar is only about 4 hours total.

Started on the paperwork

09/22/12 - Mailed I-129F
09/28/12 - NOA1
04/27/13 - NOA2
06/04/13 - Interview Day
xx/xx/xx - Visa Arrived

Timeline

You are right but in the Cebu office they start registration at 8am and then the seminar doesn't start till around 1pm.

Aya just did it. Whoever is there will be there all day long.

CFO website shows 2 PM - 5 PM for Cebu, 9 AM - 12 NOON and 2 PM - 5 PM for Manila. Cebu is totally messed up if folks are waiting in line from 2AM for a class that doesn't start until 2 PM that afternoon.

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348:fiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals&catid=140

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.