carrascos25

Waiting On Decision...Approx Wait Time?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello...

Back in October I sent in all of the paperwork for my in-laws. We received a request for additional information saying they didn't receive the original birth certificate of the petitioner...my husband. I know I sent it, but perhaps it was misplaced. No biggie, I guess. So I sent it in again to them. They said they received our request for evidence on November 13th and it's now in review. Ok, great. It says we should see something within 60 days...so that puts us at around January 13th. Plus with the holidays and everything, I'm thinking there are extra days in there they are not working, etc. I keep checking the status of both cases online and they both remain at request for evidence review. My husband and my in-laws are freaking out...I'm sure everything is fine and keep telling them...60 days, holidays, etc! Chill! :) Is there anything else I can do? Or should be doing? They've already done their biometrics and gotten their driver's licenses and such, so yay! But if there's anything additional, I'd appreciate a heads up :)

Thanks in advance!

Shannon

AOS Timeline

• September 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS packages for Mother and Father-in-law (sent via UPS 2nd Day Air; Chicago P.O. Box)
  • October 2nd, 2012 - Confirmation of Receipt from UPS
  • October 5th, 2012 - Checks cashed
  • October 10th, 2012 - NOAs for all six applications
  • November 5th, 2012 - RFE received
  • November 9th, 2012 - Additional evidence sent to immigration
  • November 13th, 2012 - Notice of RFE received
    Waiting...waiting...waiting...

I was RFE'd in October and I submitted the paperwork to USCIS on Dec 5th, I was approved on the 22nd and have since had many bouncing updates on the 24th, 26th, and yesterday I got a tracking number for my cards delivery. Which, according to that, means it should be in my hands tomorrow.

It seems they are working over the holidays, I hope you get a resolution as speedily as I got mine :)

K1 Process:

• I-192F: NoA 1 received - March 15, 2011
  • I-192F: NoA 2 received - July 6 - Approved in 113 Days!
  • Packet 3 received - August 1-ish
  • Medical - August 19
  • Packet 3 completed and returned - August 24
  • Packet 3 logged at Embassy - September 21
  • Interview: Oct 26, 2011 - Approved!
  • PoE: Atlanta - November 08
  • Civil Ceremony - December 29

Time : 7 months, 8 days

Adjustment of Status Process:

• Filing AoS - February 17, 2012
  • NoA 1 received - February 23
  • Case transferred to CSC - March 20
  • Biometrics appointment - March 26
  • Wedding - April 6th
  • RFE October 15th, have until January to send in information.
  • Sent back information - December 5th
  • APPROVED! - December 22nd!

Time : 10 months, 6 days

Total Duration of journey : 1 year, 9 months, 8 days.

Timeline

Wow!! That was quick for you!! Awesome! Seems we're not having the same luck :) I appreciate the response, though!

AOS Timeline

• September 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS packages for Mother and Father-in-law (sent via UPS 2nd Day Air; Chicago P.O. Box)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from main AOS/Family-Based forum to Bringing Family Members of USCs to America forum -- OP's topic has to do with new-USC-husband's parents' AOS. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Ok thanks for the response. Just was wondering if there was anything else I should be doing...a number to call. I guess we shall continue to sit tight and hope for the best!

AOS Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.