Its Ok

Why ?

39 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I love my wife very,very,very much but sometimes she is sooooo strange.

We just finished eating our dinner. Salad, and potato .

Then while I was starting to clean some of the dishes I turned to

Notice my wife pouring maple syrup onto a cold piece of left over

French toast from this morning.

She then folded it like a taco, and ate it over the sink.

Why ?

Timeline

My question to you, why is this wierd?? Doesn't sound remotely wierd. Just sounds like a quirk of hers... :ot2:

Don't see anything wrong here :blink:

Our Timeline
Started Talking as friends 7/2011
Became a couple 1/2012
Met in Canada 5/2012
Propsed as I knew she was the woman for me 5/3/2012.
Sent K-1 Off to the Chicago Lockbox 6/11/2012
NoA 1 6/13/2012
NoA 2 12/19/2012
Embassy Intervew 02/07/2013 (APPROVED)
Visa Recieved 2/14/2013
CFO Seminar 2/15/2013
Flight 3/1/2013 POE Detriot, MI, and then home to NC!!!!

Sent off AoS / EAD / AP Packet 7/19

NoA 1 EAD / AP / AOS 7/23

EAD / AP Card Recieved 9/27.

The wonderful world of the AoS....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

lol, ur probably stranger for marrying her if u state that her after dinner snack is strange

y dont u talk 2 her about how it grosses/stranges u out that she's eating leftover breakfast food as a after dinner snack

& y's french toast+maple syrup strange???

if it was like french toast + salad & potatoes on it then some maple syrup and/or ranch, french, thousand island, italian dressing on top

now that'd just mean she's 1 hell of a eater

either way...she's either still hungry or she's the kinda person that don't like to waste food...a lot of unfortunate ppl in this world that'd kill for a cold piece of bread & some maple syrup on top

Edited by 3t3rnal

Every minute felt like an eternity time, clearly as if it had malicious intent, slowly ebbing away from me. I clenched my teeth, and keeping myself from crying was the only thing I could do…

-5cm/s

She didn't want to get maple syrup all over so she folded it like a taco! don't you do that with big pieces of pizza?? It was dessert!

Edited by Bumbero

I love my wife very,very,very much but sometimes she is sooooo strange.

We just finished eating our dinner. Salad, and potato .

Then while I was starting to clean some of the dishes I turned to

Notice my wife pouring maple syrup onto a cold piece of left over

French toast from this morning.

She then folded it like a taco, and ate it over the sink.

Why ?

She is probably starving to death, take her to a Filipino grocery store!

i completely understand her... please if you can't include rice in your meal everyday... do it every other day... sometimes in the middle of the day, i will cook my own rice (in the rice cooker that my husband bought me just for a reason like this), scrambled eggs and open a can of tuna... then after eating... i feel like i am alive again...

Timeline

She is probably starving to death, take her to a Filipino grocery store!

:rofl: My little lady would be hungry after a dinner like that! She would say, "where is the MEAT, Lol!" :bonk::bonk:

I would be hungry after that too, salad digests very quickly.

Our Timeline
Started Talking as friends 7/2011
Became a couple 1/2012
Met in Canada 5/2012
Propsed as I knew she was the woman for me 5/3/2012.
Sent K-1 Off to the Chicago Lockbox 6/11/2012
NoA 1 6/13/2012
NoA 2 12/19/2012
Embassy Intervew 02/07/2013 (APPROVED)
Visa Recieved 2/14/2013
CFO Seminar 2/15/2013
Flight 3/1/2013 POE Detriot, MI, and then home to NC!!!!

Sent off AoS / EAD / AP Packet 7/19

NoA 1 EAD / AP / AOS 7/23

EAD / AP Card Recieved 9/27.

The wonderful world of the AoS....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

She didn't want to get maple syrup all over so she folded it like a taco! don't you do that with big pieces of pizza?? It was dessert!

She sounds like a very sensible young lady - what a reasonable solution - and she also doesn't have to wash another knife and fork. :lol: I'll bet she'll do the same thing with left over pancakes too :yes: . Praise her resourcefulness even if it is something that you wouldn't think of doing yourself, and welcome the opportunities she will provide you for seeing and experiencing the world in different ways. That is a very big 'gift' to receive, even if it is sometimes unexpected. Relationships are always avenues of personal growth, so maybe you will find that eating left-over french toast with maple syrup folded over like a taco for dessert is something you may discover you like as well :) .

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

I agree with the other posters. If you have not already take your wife to a Filipino grocery store and make sure she is eating some of her foods from home. If that was me I would have warmed the French toast up before eating it but some people like to eat food cold. Just like left over pizza some people LOVE cold pizza but I cannot eat it cold it has to be warmed up.

AOS Journey

11-04-2011 sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

11-07-2011 delivered

11-08-2011 Date on text messages but did not receive until 11-22-2011

11-23-2011 Check cashed.

11-25-2011 Hard copies of NOA1s

12-06-2012 Pui's Brother unexpectly passes away and we make an info pass appointment and receive an emergancy AP so she can return home. Pui leaves for Thailand for 2 weeks.

12-06-2012 Get a text message and email that she received an RFE

12-12-2012 RFE for original birth certificate. I swear we sent it along with a certificate translation of it.

12-20-2012 Pui returns from Thailand.

12-21-2012 We send the RFE back for with original birth certificate along with a new certificate of translation(I had to wait for her to return for her to sign)

12-26-2012 text and email they have received the RFE.

12-29-2012 Appointment for biometrics is 01-23-2012

01-13-2012 AP is approved.

01-23-2012 Biometrics appointment. Later during the evening the text and email saying the EAD is approved.

01-31-2012 EAD/AP combo card arrives.

05-22-2012 Email and text card is in production!

I am from Philippines also and Dude salad and potato is not enough for us lol

when me and my ex husband still living together he make fun of me for eating left over and having snack every 2 hours..

and yes make sure you have a sack of rice for her thats our "spinach" for Popeye :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.