paulnjessa

proof of annulment requirement in ph

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Here is the replay from the lady who works in the Family Court on what you will need.

"I am a Filipina working in a Family Court that handles annulment here in the Philippines. Your fiancée will need the decision of the annulment, entry of judgment, then the decree of annulment. Then she need to secure copy of the marriage contract with the annulment annotated on it. A total of four documents. BTW, if there is already a decision, she need to wait 20 days from receipt of the Solicitor General of copy of her decision before she can secure the entry of judgment. After securing the Entry of Judgment, she will have to register the same to the Local Civil Registrar where the marriage took place. The said office will transmit the same to the NSO. She will show the Court what date the LCR transmitted the documents to the NSO. With the proof of receipt of the NSO, the Court will then issue the Decree of Annulment. After 15 days from receipt of the NSO of her documents, she can now request for copy of the marriage contract with the annotated annulment proceedings. She need to request for at least 4 copies for future use."

There is no need to get stressed out. Just ask questions from the professionals at the Court and they will tell you everything you will need. When my fiancée completed her Divorce (yes there is a divorce for a Muslim Marriage in the Philippines through a Muslim Court and it is very much legal) the good people at the Court House told her what she needed to do for each step. She filed it with her local registrar they told her what they were going to do next. All she just needed to do was pay the fees. The final papers came through NSO Manila with the notation to the original marriage contract and I quote "Judgement is hereby rendered approving the divorce of herein petitioners thereby severing and terminating their marriage bond." Of course there is some more legal mumbo jumbo but that is all that was needed to end the marriage. Now we have all the documents in their completeness.

She had to register the final decree from the Judge to the registrar in the city where the court is. Then she had to go to her local city registrar to register and get their endorsement and then the registrar sent it on to NSO Manila and NSO Manila made their endorsements and mailed the final papers back to my fiancée.

So don't get so worked up. Just follow the steps from the Court and you will get through this. Just ask questions from the court. They are the experts.

Good Luck

Hi Mam..

Sorry I am makulit... I do not understand what the Decree of Annulment, and/or the Certificate Finality is ? I only have 3 documents (Decision, Cert. Entry of Judgment, and Marriage Certificate from NSO Annotated mark Void Ab Inito). If I do not have the Decree of Annulment and/or Certificate of Finality, Where and how do I obtain these documents ?

Some VJ members said the Court Decision and Decree Annulment is the same. The 3 documents that I have as evidence, is it sufficient for a K1 Visa ? I am really confused..

Please enlighten me.

Hi Mam..

Sorry I am makulit... I do not understand what the Decree of Annulment, and/or the Certificate Finality is ? I only have 3 documents (Decision, Cert. Entry of Judgment, and Marriage Certificate from NSO Annotated mark Void Ab Inito). If I do not have the Decree of Annulment and/or Certificate of Finality, Where and how do I obtain these documents ?

Some VJ members said the Court Decision and Decree Annulment is the same. The 3 documents that I have as evidence, is it sufficient for a K1 Visa ? I am really confused..

Thank you.

Please enlighten me.

Dont worry much, I think it's enough evidence. Since you've had your annotated certificate from NSO, then its final paper. If you dont have yet your Certificate of finality you'll get it from the court where your annulment took place..maybe embassy would look for it during interview. You wont need not to pay for that certificate, and it should be given to you before you submit your papers to NSO for change status.

Hi ..

I called the court said they can not issue me a cert finality or decree of annulment because in my court decision and cert entry judgment indicate " in section 21 for declaration absolute nullity and voidable file petition prayers custody" it means i can not remarry eventhough my nso mc mark declared void ab initio? I donot understand and my lawyer left me after my decision received. Pls enlighten me.

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.