julitathomas0810

Tourist Visa Advice

23 posts in this topic

based on my experience, her chances of getting a tourist visa is very slim. Without a regular stable high paying job from a reputable company in the Philippines, no way. I did have a regular stable job from UAE but not as well paying still didn't get a visa. I only got one when my status changed and got in a better company and better benefits. They look into all of that, ask which company you work for, what do you do, check your bank account transactions... do you get your salary regularly, get bonuses, incentives etc.. only then on your own merits they will grant a visa. sorry but I think you better go to K1 route or CR1...

My girlfriend in the Philippines will be filing for a tourist visa this month . I am seeking any advice to help us through this process .

She has

NSO

NBI

Passport on 01/03/2013

I am going to mail her a letter stating that I will fund her entire trip and the different locations we will visit while in sunny Florida

She has no land house or job

All her family lives in the Philippines and has no relatives here in the USA .

We plan to be married in the Philippines later this year . Any help is greatly welcomed and Thanks in advance .

Ticket ? Should I purchase this in advance ? Is this required ?

To all the above advised by others:

even if a visa does in fact happen, at arrival in the US she will be asked reason for visit and she would have to declare she is visiting you, otherwise it could be construed as lying, which would make things even worst for your case. If she thus declare she is visiting you (the boyfriend or fiance) then she might be denied admission and be put in the flight back.

Of course, the decision is yours; we are here only advising and noting possible outcomes. Note that no one here has a crystal ball and despite all the things against you, she might get a visa and be admitted; only way to know is to try it. Just seems the odds are against and money can be better spent in a different way.

I'd instead plan on a marriage in her country asap and a CR-1, then plan on some get together in a third country while CR-1 is in process. As many here would relate, one has to be realistic and even 'worst case' scenario when dealing with USCIS and CBP. And yes, it is hard to be apart, but fully survivable; many here have gone through it and are now happily married and together.

Good luck

Edited by Gosia & Tito

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

To be honest the CO doesn't care if being apart is difficult on you. She has no job(a legal one), does not own property and the only money she has is in a bank account you opened for her. Whether or not you say that she plans to go back is irrelevant, the fact of the matter is they will see the chances of her having immigrant are huge seeing that she has a US boyfriend. You can send all the letters in the world from bosses, friends, family, Santa Claus, it get her a visa, neither will God. Take the advice of people here and don;t waste the effort or money, it simply won't happen. Your only choice is to visit her and file a K-1 when the time is right.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

She does have a job but I thought it was under the books (sort of speak) not really being able to proof to the US embassy that she has one . The place where she works is a cafe and it a is filed business to run it legally . Will a letter from her boss be enough ? A copy of the business license help as well ? She has a fairly new bank account I helped her open when I was there 3 months ago . I know the CR1 is the way to go , but that is months and months away with my situation . Being a part is becoming harder and harder . I thank God everyday for finding her . She is a wonderful person and very patient . I know the embassy main concern is that she will look to stay here and not go back . In our case we do plan to go back and be married in the Philippines . Should I be totally honest and write a letter of this ? My gut feeling is to say as little as possible , but I feel in this case perhaps it may help since she has so little to proof ties that she will return . 100% sure we are going though with the tourist visa .

Where there is a NO in the worldly there is a Yes in the Supernatural ! God will provide us with the right people for a approved visa !

God Bless you all for all the help .

Benjamin Franklin said: God helps those who help them selves. Good Luck with all of this.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: R-1 Visa Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

never heard of anyone getting a visa from any deity....

Lol. Fine ill give u a credit for .001% chance to get a visa:-) happy

USAR

Oct.8 2009 - arrived in USA (CR1 visa)

Nov. 2009 -- GC for 2 yrs received

Jan. 2010 -- DL issued

May. 2011 --- graduated for my bachelor degree

Sept. 1, 2011 --- Driver License Renewed ( till 2017)

NO removal condition

Citizenship

Oct. 2011-------- Filed N400

Jan. 2012 ------ Biometrics and Interviewed at same time

Jan. 17 2012 ---- Sworn In

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

To be honest the CO doesn't care if being apart is difficult on you. She has no job(a legal one), does not own property and the only money she has is in a bank account you opened for her. Whether or not you say that she plans to go back is irrelevant, the fact of the matter is they will see the chances of her having immigrant are huge seeing that she has a US boyfriend. You can send all the letters in the world from bosses, friends, family, Santa Claus, it get her a visa, neither will God. Take the advice of people here and don;t waste the effort or money, it simply won't happen. Your only choice is to visit her and file a K-1 when the time is right.

woops i meant to say

You can send all the letters in the world from bosses, friends, family, Santa Claus, it WON'T get her a visa, neither will God

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.