julitathomas0810

Tourist Visa Advice

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My girlfriend in the Philippines will be filing for a tourist visa this month . I am seeking any advice to help us through this process .

She has

NSO

NBI

Passport on 01/03/2013

I am going to mail her a letter stating that I will fund her entire trip and the different locations we will visit while in sunny Florida

She has no land house or job

All her family lives in the Philippines and has no relatives here in the USA .

We plan to be married in the Philippines later this year . Any help is greatly welcomed and Thanks in advance .

Ticket ? Should I purchase this in advance ? Is this required ?

Edited by julitathomas0810

Timeline

Philippines is INCREDIBLY strict wtih showing ties to your country. Your letter will mean little in reference to her applying for a tourist visa. They want to know she has ties to come back, not depend on you to come. My opinion is to honestly get her some times and quickly, otherwise it does not look good. I am not trying to be negative, I just have seen many cases at Manila, and this is a very fast denial.

Good luck, God bless and I wish you both well.

If I am wrong, let me know. Would be happy to hear Manila getting a little slack, which I highly doubt.

Our Timeline
Started Talking as friends 7/2011
Became a couple 1/2012
Met in Canada 5/2012
Propsed as I knew she was the woman for me 5/3/2012.
Sent K-1 Off to the Chicago Lockbox 6/11/2012
NoA 1 6/13/2012
NoA 2 12/19/2012
Embassy Intervew 02/07/2013 (APPROVED)
Visa Recieved 2/14/2013
CFO Seminar 2/15/2013
Flight 3/1/2013 POE Detriot, MI, and then home to NC!!!!

Sent off AoS / EAD / AP Packet 7/19

NoA 1 EAD / AP / AOS 7/23

EAD / AP Card Recieved 9/27.

The wonderful world of the AoS....

Timeline

Philippines is INCREDIBLY strict wtih showing ties to your country. Your letter will mean little in reference to her applying for a tourist visa. They want to know she has ties to come back, not depend on you to come. My opinion is to honestly get her some times and quickly, otherwise it does not look good. I am not trying to be negative, I just have seen many cases at Manila, and this is a very fast denial.

Good luck, God bless and I wish you both well.

If I am wrong, let me know. Would be happy to hear Manila getting a little slack, which I highly doubt.

Get her some times ? Get some ties you mean ? How ?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My girlfriend in the Philippines will be filing for a tourist visa this month . I am seeking any advice to help us through this process .

She has

NSO

NBI

Passport on 01/03/2013

I am going to mail her a letter stating that I will fund her entire trip and the different locations we will visit while in sunny Florida This won't help her. It only shows that she cannot fund her own trip.

She has no land house or job NO JOB? Red flag for tourist visa. Zero chance of getting a tourist visa.

All her family lives in the Philippines and has no relatives here in the USA. YOU are her tie to the US. Another red flag for her.

We plan to be married in the Philippines later this year . Any help is greatly welcomed and Thanks in advance . Get married and file for i-130. That is the best route for you.

Ticket ? Should I purchase this in advance ? Is this required ? No.

Edited by apple21

Timeline

Get her some times ? Get some ties you mean ? How ?

Yes ties sorry! :bonk:

Mind you I already read your post and know what you stated...BUT,

A checklist of things that would indicate strong ties to an individual's country:

Bank Account, money in it...lots of money in it.

A job

Land

House

Car

Assets that are not easily liquidated

etc.

You can actually check the embassy website for more information as they get quite specific as well.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/

Good luck! B-)

Our Timeline
Started Talking as friends 7/2011
Became a couple 1/2012
Met in Canada 5/2012
Propsed as I knew she was the woman for me 5/3/2012.
Sent K-1 Off to the Chicago Lockbox 6/11/2012
NoA 1 6/13/2012
NoA 2 12/19/2012
Embassy Intervew 02/07/2013 (APPROVED)
Visa Recieved 2/14/2013
CFO Seminar 2/15/2013
Flight 3/1/2013 POE Detriot, MI, and then home to NC!!!!

Sent off AoS / EAD / AP Packet 7/19

NoA 1 EAD / AP / AOS 7/23

EAD / AP Card Recieved 9/27.

The wonderful world of the AoS....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

She has very little chances of getting a tourist visa. On the other hand, a denial will not affect a future spousal visa, so if you have the money, might as well give it a try.

BTW, your profile says K1 (which is a fiance visa) but you mention getting married in the Philippines, which would mean filing a CR-1 spousal visa afterwards.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

It is highly unlikely she will be issued a tourist visa with no assests or job. :(

We became a couple : 2011-05-29
I visited him : 2011-10-28 - 2011-11-17
He visited me (and my crazy family) : 2012-02-05 - 2012-02-17
I-129F Sent : 2012-02-05
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-02-14
I entered on VWP to stay 3 months: 2012-04-11 - 2012-07-03
---
Went to get my medical done for interview in Australia (much cheaper in the US and I was already here):2012-05-20
Medical issue diagnosed
K-1 petition cancellation request sent to CSC : 2012-06-01
Married: 2012-06-21
Filed for AOS : 2012-08-08
NOA1 : 2012-08-10
Biometrics : 2012-09-14
EAD approved : 2012-10-16
Applied for SSN : 2012-11-01
Received SSN : 2012-11-13
Received interview notice :2012-12-27
Interview- APPROVED :2013-01-28
Green card received :2013-02-04
Baby girl born :2013-03-09

Filed for ROC :2014-12-05
NOA :2014-12-11
Biometrics : 2015-01-15

ROC Approval : 2015-05-14

Timeline

She does have a job but I thought it was under the books (sort of speak) not really being able to proof to the US embassy that she has one . The place where she works is a cafe and it a is filed business to run it legally . Will a letter from her boss be enough ? A copy of the business license help as well ? She has a fairly new bank account I helped her open when I was there 3 months ago . I know the CR1 is the way to go , but that is months and months away with my situation . Being a part is becoming harder and harder . I thank God everyday for finding her . She is a wonderful person and very patient . I know the embassy main concern is that she will look to stay here and not go back . In our case we do plan to go back and be married in the Philippines . Should I be totally honest and write a letter of this ? My gut feeling is to say as little as possible , but I feel in this case perhaps it may help since she has so little to proof ties that she will return . 100% sure we are going though with the tourist visa .

Where there is a NO in the worldly there is a Yes in the Supernatural ! God will provide us with the right people for a approved visa !

God Bless you all for all the help .

Edited by julitathomas0810

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

She does have a job but I thought it was under the books (sort of speak) not really being able to proof to the US embassy that she has one . The place where she works is a cafe and it a is filed business to run it legally . Will a letter from her boss be enough ? A copy of the business license help as well ? She has a fairly new bank account I helped her open when I was there 3 months ago . I know the CR1 is the way to go , but that is months and months away with my situation . Being a part is becoming harder and harder . I thank God everyday for finding her . She is a wonderful person and very patient . I know the embassy main concern is that she will look to stay here and not go back . In our case we do plan to go back and be married in the Philippines . Should I be totally honest and write a letter of this ? My gut feeling is to say as little as possible , but I feel in this case perhaps it may help since she has so little to proof ties that she will return . 100% sure we are going though with the tourist visa .

Where there is a NO in the worldly there is a Yes in the Supernatural ! God will provide us with the right people for a approved visa !

God Bless you all for all the help .

You can always try, but don't be disappointed with the outcome.

Your fiancee has to be approved based on HER OWN MERITS, not on your assistance.

If you can't bear being apart from her any longer, just use your money to go and marry her. The sooner you get married, the sooner you can file for i-130, the sooner she'll get to the US.

Edited by apple21

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I know how hard it is to be away from the one you love. Can you visit her? It is much more likely/ possible.

We became a couple : 2011-05-29
I visited him : 2011-10-28 - 2011-11-17
He visited me (and my crazy family) : 2012-02-05 - 2012-02-17
I-129F Sent : 2012-02-05
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-02-14
I entered on VWP to stay 3 months: 2012-04-11 - 2012-07-03
---
Went to get my medical done for interview in Australia (much cheaper in the US and I was already here):2012-05-20
Medical issue diagnosed
K-1 petition cancellation request sent to CSC : 2012-06-01
Married: 2012-06-21
Filed for AOS : 2012-08-08
NOA1 : 2012-08-10
Biometrics : 2012-09-14
EAD approved : 2012-10-16
Applied for SSN : 2012-11-01
Received SSN : 2012-11-13
Received interview notice :2012-12-27
Interview- APPROVED :2013-01-28
Green card received :2013-02-04
Baby girl born :2013-03-09

Filed for ROC :2014-12-05
NOA :2014-12-11
Biometrics : 2015-01-15

ROC Approval : 2015-05-14

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

By procedures known it seem most likely a denial, however nothing beats a trial

but a failure, there are every now and then those who luck up after being totally

honest and get a visitors visa, so have her try if not given go get marry, some ppl will

never ever offer a word of iencouragement,they dream stealers best wishes.

Filed: R-1 Visa Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Your just going to waste ur money for filing tourist visa .. Just file her k1 visa or marry her then file cr1. You only have 5-10% chance to pass it.. Take all the advice above ..

USAR

Oct.8 2009 - arrived in USA (CR1 visa)

Nov. 2009 -- GC for 2 yrs received

Jan. 2010 -- DL issued

May. 2011 --- graduated for my bachelor degree

Sept. 1, 2011 --- Driver License Renewed ( till 2017)

NO removal condition

Citizenship

Oct. 2011-------- Filed N400

Jan. 2012 ------ Biometrics and Interviewed at same time

Jan. 17 2012 ---- Sworn In

Filed: Timeline

5% would be remarkably high....given the situation described, I would guess more like .001%. What the OP apparently does not realize is that the thousands of young single women from the PI who have skipped out on tourist visas have laid a foundation of skepticism down that won't be overlooked merely by him writing some letter....

Timeline

Listen to all the advises given here. You are just going to throw your $160 away. That is a fact based on your post.

It took me a few years of international travel, a few visas in my passport before I even attempted to apply for a US tourist visa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.