The Nature Boy

Ban hands and feet

305 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Are you getting the numbers from the other website posted in a different thread?

No, these are more recent numbers for the first half of 2012. Don't believe what you see? Does that shatter your idea of more guns = more safety? That equation doesn't hold. Never has. Never will.

I do, we are all equal, but it's sad when it takes a school full of non minority children to get killed before the powers that be start taking a look at solutions. There were quite a few black children killed by drive by shooting over the last month and those got little to no coverage.

It's a shame the press does not cover black kids getting killed.

Of course there was that thing in Fla a few months back

and of course the Atl murders in the 70 and 80's

and of course the victims of the Birmingham terrorist attack in the 60's that was the turning point in the civil rights movement and was credited with the passage of the civil rights act.

I assert that if the Sandy hook kids had been black it would have been nuclear.

But to your point, yes black kids do suffer a lot fo gun crime.

I know math is hard but..... Look at the totals and tell me what category you think most assault weapons fall into. firearms unknown means someone got shot and they did not have the weapon or never recovered it.

If 20 percent of unknowns was assault riffle , which is highly unlikely and every single rifle used for murder was an assualt style weapon (once again not true) it would still be way less than hands and feet and dramatically lower than Knives.

So tell me. What in the data makes you think assault weapons are the problem. I can answer for you. ZERO. Not one shred of logic or statistically based data can be used to prove assault weapons are even a blip on the radar of the problem.

What the data does show is that Hands, feet, Knives, Handguns are way more dangerous to the public than assault weapons and that Shotguns are as dangerous if not more.

So tell me again why we screaming about assault weapons ? It is becuse they look like weapons in scary war and gangster movies, it is a base rallying subject for liberals, and people that don't understand Tactics, weapons, truth, or statics jump all over it.

Here are the totals

Handguns-6,220

Rifles-323 (most assault weapons are rifles but most rifles are not assault weapons))

Shotguns -356

Firearm Unkown-1694

Hands and Feet -728

Knives-1694

You do know that handguns and shotguns can be assault weapons too? You can post all the mumbo jumbo you want to Herschel, the bottom line, and the only line that matters, is your source does not prove your claim. I'm not going to sit here and play "what ifs" with you.

You do know that handguns and shotguns can be assault weapons too? You can post all the mumbo jumbo you want to Herschel, the bottom line, and the only line that matters, is your source does not prove your claim. I'm not going to sit here and play "what ifs" with you.

Translation.. The facts don't support anything I say and I have not one shred of evidence to support the fact Assault weapons are more dangerous than any weapon, So your spreadsheets anyalsis and facts are mumbo jumbo LOL.

So you want to show us some hard data that assault weapons kill more people than Knives, rifles or shotguns ??

Translation.. The facts don't support anything I say and I have not one shred of evidence to support the fact Assault weapons are more dangerous than any weapon, So your spreadsheets anyalsis and facts are mumbo jumbo LOL.

You're catchin on Herschel, a bit of a slow learner, but your catchin on. :thumbs:

So you want to show us some hard data that assault weapons kill more people than Knives, rifles or shotguns ??

What happened to hands and feet? :lol:

What is the primary purpose of assault rifles? To kill and to maximizing the killing potential. Can the same be said of hands and feet? Of course not.

How many mass murders have been committed with hands and feet? None. How many have been committed with assault rifles? Way too many and just about all of them.

That's why you would want to ban the latter rather than the former. Any person with a sound mind recognizes that simple truth. Gun nuts do not. They are incapable of rational thought.

No mass murders with hands or feet. Really ... without goggling Ted Bundy comes to mind, then there is the Boston Strangler . The Hillside strangler. I am sure I could come up with many more..

Once again the facts escape you .

You're catchin on Herschel, a bit of a slow learner, but your catchin on. :thumbs:

What happened to hands and feet? :lol:

so still no facts to reenforce your silly assertion that Assualt style weapons are more dangerous that knives, pistols, rifles shot guns and feet ?

No mass murders with hands or feet. Really ... without goggling Ted Bundy comes to mind, then there is the Boston Strangler . The Hillside strangler. I am sure I could come up with many more..

Once again the facts escape you .

in this context mass murder would entail one singular event, no? that would exempt serial killers.

so still no facts to reenforce your silly assertion that Assualt style weapons are more dangerous that knives, pistols, rifles shot guns and feet ?

First, I've never made this assertion.

Second, you're grasping at straws, just admit that you don't have the facts to back up your original claim and move on. It's ok to admit you were wrong.

First, I've never made this assertion.

Second, you're grasping at straws, just admit that you don't have the facts to back up your original claim and move on. It's ok to admit you were wrong.

So you don't think assault weapons are as dangerous or as big a threat as Pistols, shotguns, knives , feet. The your support of banning assault weapons is emotionally driven perhaps ?

However you want to ban them. .Spock would say--illogical.

So you don't think assault weapons are as dangerous or as big a threat as Pistols, shotguns, knives , feet. The your support of banning assault weapons is emotionally driven perhaps ?

However you want to ban them. .Spock would say--illogical.

I think all guns put into the wrong hands are threats, no matter what type of gun they are. It just so happens that assault weapons are the preferred weapon of the nuts that go on these killing sprees. I'm not only in favor of banning all assault weapons, I also want to see much stricter regulations on ALL firearms. I want to have a cap put on the amount of firearms one person can own and I want much more comprehensive background checks done on all perspective gun buyers and I want it to be a federal law, not a state by state.