^_^

Russia’s Putin says he intends to sign bill banning Americans from adopting Russian children

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

MOSCOW — Russian President Vladimir Putin said Thursday he will sign a controversial bill barring Americans from adopting Russian children, while the Kremlin’s children’s rights advocate recommended extending the ban to the rest of the world.

Putin said U.S. authorities routinely let Americans suspected of violence toward Russian adoptees go unpunished — a clear reference to Dima Yakovlev, a Russian toddler for whom the adoption bill is named. The child was adopted by Americans and then died in 2008 after his father left him in a car in broiling heat for hours. The father was found not guilty of involuntary manslaughter.

A few lawmakers claimed that some Russian children were adopted by Americans only to be used for organ transplants and become sex toys or cannon fodder for the U.S. Army. A spokesman with Russia’s dominant Orthodox Church said that the children adopted by foreigners and raised outside the church will not “enter God’s kingdom.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/russian-parliament-approves-bill-banning-us-adoptions-of-russian-children/2012/12/26/4a422d6e-4fdb-11e2-835b-02f92c0daa43_story.html

Filed: Timeline

If he signed a bill banning Russian women from marrying American men VJ would go down the shitter.

I thought American men were adopting RUB child brides here on VJ. :unsure:

I know when I introduced my Filipina bride to my mother, she said something about it looks like I adopted her. :whistle:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

If he signed a bill banning Russian women from marrying American men VJ would go down the shitter.

Nah they would just go to the Ukraine and get them there. They're better there anyway. Ask Gary.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

For the greater good, let's not, ok?

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there :rofl:

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

[quote name=^_^' timestamp='1356634752' post='5890535]

MOSCOW — Russian President Vladimir Putin said Thursday he will sign a controversial bill barring Americans from adopting Russian children, while the Kremlin’s children’s rights advocate recommended extending the ban to the rest of the world.

Putin said U.S. authorities routinely let Americans suspected of violence toward Russian adoptees go unpunished — a clear reference to Dima Yakovlev, a Russian toddler for whom the adoption bill is named. The child was adopted by Americans and then died in 2008 after his father left him in a car in broiling heat for hours. The father was found not guilty of involuntary manslaughter.

A few lawmakers claimed that some Russian children were adopted by Americans only to be used for organ transplants and become sex toys or cannon fodder for the U.S. Army. A spokesman with Russia’s dominant Orthodox Church said that the children adopted by foreigners and raised outside the church will not “enter God’s kingdom.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/russian-parliament-approves-bill-banning-us-adoptions-of-russian-children/2012/12/26/4a422d6e-4fdb-11e2-835b-02f92c0daa43_story.html

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/405345-americans-to-lose-right-to-adopt-in-russia/ <----- I started a thread on this in the RUB forum last week.

http://news.yahoo.com/putin-says-sign-anti-us-adoptions-bill-122506016.html <----- this is all about the Magnitsky Act that Congress passed and Obama signed and kudos to the US politicians for having the b@lls to sign that bill. What happened to Magnitsky was nothing short of murder. The Russians have a chip on their shoulder when it comes to the US and they still haven't forgiven us for the USSR collapsing. Russians have a mindset like no other (with the exception of the Serbs).

I thought American men were adopting RUB child brides here on VJ. :unsure:

I know when I introduced my Filipina bride to my mother, she said something about it looks like I adopted her. :whistle:

I could legally marry a 16 year old Alaskan gal, but when you go out of country the age limit changes to 18 according to US law.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

18 is still a child.

My mom was 15 when she got married and just turned 16 when she had her first kid.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

My mom was 15 when she got married and just turned 16 when she had her first kid.

Not sure why some people feel the need to tell their life story to complete strangers on the internet, but that was more info than I really needed to know. :blush: