Jane8

Affidavit of Support was sent before receiving NOA2

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Someone here is just simply RUDE!!! if you have nothing good to say then just leave the thread and comment somewhere else.. anyway with regards to I134, u need an orignal of that for the interview so have the petitioner fill out that form again and sign and date when ur interview is near... send papers that will support the I134 too. like the company letter and ITR.. latest ITR or the past 3 years..

Think of it this way. Your whole process will be probably 6 months. A lot can change financially and job wise in the US in 6 months. They are going to want a very recent one. It shows that they don't have to worry about it as much as if they don't know what's happened in the past 6 months or so.

Get it from him and his dad. It may be a bit of a hassle but as soon as you get the NOA2 get that information from them so that it is as current as possible. Each consulate is a bit different as to what they will and what they won't accept even if it's on their website. It's to their discretion to what time frame they will accept as it says to submit the I-134. Unless they've submitted a ton of them to the Greece Embassy then I wouldn't trust it for anything. Especially when you are so close to being able to be with your loved one.

01/15/12 - Sent Aya a message on a dating site
03/10/12 - We became "exclusive"
03/15/12 - We told each other "I love you"
08/17/12 - 2 week trip to the Philippines to be with her
08/27/12 - I asked her to marry me (in Cebuano), she cried and said yes
09/02/12 - I came back to the USA

Started on the paperwork

09/22/12 - Mailed I-129F
09/25/12 - Saw on USPS that the package was delivered in Texas
09/28/12 - NOA1
10/08/12 - Received hard copy NOA1
12/19/12 - CFO Counseling Session (to get it out of the way)
04/27/13 - NOA2
05/06/13 - NVC Received and MNL # assigned
05/21/13 - Medical Exam Day
06/04/13 - Interview Day
xx/xx/xx - Visa Arrived
xx/xx/xx - Off to Chicago

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Greece
Timeline

UPDATE: I just got a response from the US Embassy in Athens, and after explaining that we had already sent the I-134 with the I-129F petition back in July, I asked if they wanted a more recent and updated I-134.

Their response was: " documents provided with the I-129F are included in the case file. There is no need to provide a new I-134".

Your I-129f was approved in 85 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 225 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS

NOA1: 07/18/13

Biometrics: 08/13/13

EAD/AP approved: 09/17/13

AOS Interview: 10/10/13 (approved)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

You need to have the I-134 with you at the interview since that's what the consulate will review. It wasn't required to send the Affidavit with the I-129 application--but it is a requirement for form DS-156K which you will bring with you at the interview--"Evidence of Finanical Support." I would suggest you fill out an updated form or have your fiance/his father print out the forms again (if the info is the same.) Good luck! :)

To see a more detailed journey schedule, please see the About Me page and my Timeline.

Our K1 Process

June 7, 2012 -- Sent I-129F to June 9, 2013 -- Religious & Civil Wedding Ceremony in CT

FROM I-129f NOA1 to VISA APPROVAL: Exactly 8 months! No RFEs

Our AOS Process

July 16, 2013 -- Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP Paperwork to December 21, 2013 -- Received GC Card in the Mail!

FROM NOA1 to GREEN CARD in Hand: Exactly 4 months 27 days! No Interview or RFEs.

Our ROC Process

September 21, 2015 -- Mailed ROC Paperwork to August 6, 2016 -- Received Card in the Mail!

FROM NOA1 to GREEN CARD in Hand: Exactly 10 months 10 days! No Interview or RFEs.

Our {His} N-400 Process

Eligible to Apply for Citizenship on September 14, 2016.

October 4, 2016 -- Mailed N-400 Paperwork.

November 8, 2016 -- Completed Biometrics.

May 6, 2017 -- Received Interview Letter in the Mail.

June 8, 2017 -- Interview Passed!

June 16, 2017 -- Oath Ceremony! He is a USC!!

FROM Application to CITIZENSHIP: Exactly 8 months 13 days! No RFEs.

== I am the Petitioner/Sponsor/Citizen Spouse ==

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

If it were me, and it were my visa, I would bring a copy. Even though the consulate in Greece says no, why take the chance? Administrative processing is not fun, trust me.

Timeline

I agree. I will definitely be bringing a more updated form, just in case. Thanks.

Edited by Jane8

AOS

Timeline

Hello everyone.

Weeks ago, I received the instructions from the US Embassy here in Greece. Amongst other documents, they asked for the I-134 form too (my partner's dad is our co-sponsor). Our lawyers though, told me that they sent the Affidavit of Support when they sent the I-129 package at the beginning of the process. Reading the instructions, I understood that I will need to have that form with me during the interview.

The lawyers though told me that it doesn't matter if I don't have it with me that day, since they will already have it in their system plus the fact that they can't send it to me since it is confidential between them and their client.

What's your opinion on that? I'm planning to call the Embassy and schedule my interview pretty soon and I don't want to have any kind of problems.

Thank you all!

I would definitely have another I-134 for the interview. You should not take a chance on anything during your interview. It would be so disappointing to you guys if you get denied or delayed because you chose not to bring something. Please get an I-134 for your interview and anything else that will help you during your interview. Good Luck.

I Looooooove my baby Lyn.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

UPDATE: I just got a response from the US Embassy in Athens, and after explaining that we had already sent the I-134 with the I-129F petition back in July, I asked if they wanted a more recent and updated I-134.

Their response was: " documents provided with the I-129F are included in the case file. There is no need to provide a new I-134".

You could at anytime simply ask your fiance to scan a updated copy of both 134s to you. They would lack the wet signatures but still be acceptable.

I see what the embassy told you but if there is any question on interview day you will still have to get the updated info. I hope you realise the experianced members here have tried to advise you based on the total body of experiance gained over a long time period.

There are others that are simply responding out of pure ignorance and child like emotion. They dont even understand the situation let alone provide a helpful method to deal with your original question.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

there's a simple answer to this thread, contact the petitioner, get a copy of the 134 from the petitioner and take it with you to the interview. problem solved. redundancy in this matter will either be 100% useless or 100% helpful.

:thumbs:yep get a current one.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Timeline

You could at anytime simply ask your fiance to scan a updated copy of both 134s to you. They would lack the wet signatures but still be acceptable.

I see what the embassy told you but if there is any question on interview day you will still have to get the updated info. I hope you realise the experianced members here have tried to advise you based on the total body of experiance gained over a long time period.

There are others that are simply responding out of pure ignorance and child like emotion. They dont even understand the situation let alone provide a helpful method to deal with your original question.

Thank you for you response.

Since the whole filling process was done by attorneys, do you think my fiancé and his dad (as a co-sponsor) will still have these forms? It might be a silly question, but if they don't, they attorneys are going to tell me for another time that they cannot give me their I-134s since it is their clients' private financial information.

PS: I'd ask my fiance right now, but due to time difference, it is still morning there.

AOS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It's a simple form you can download from this site. It doesn't require a lawyer to fill it out. You don't need their consent to fill another one out. Explain to your fiance you need to have an updated one to take to the interview. Hopefully he will agree it's not worth the risk. Refer him to this thread or the uscis site. It's not difficult to fill out and they should already have copies of the tax transcripts but update the paystubs and employee letter. Is he sending you a packet of copies of everything that has been submitted thus far? And most recent chat and call logs, etc. since filing?

Timeline

Just a thought... Copy the response Athens just sent you and take it with you to the interview also.

I definitely thought about doing that just in case they tell me otherwise.

AOS

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thank you for you response.

Since the whole filling process was done by attorneys, do you think my fiancé and his dad (as a co-sponsor) will still have these forms? It might be a silly question, but if they don't, they attorneys are going to tell me for another time that they cannot give me their I-134s since it is their clients' private financial information.

PS: I'd ask my fiance right now, but due to time difference, it is still morning there.

Your fiance can easily find the form on line. Just ask him to copy to his dad and then both can scan to you. I suppose the lawyer is correct but iyts a little ridiculouse at the same time but such is the law at times. These are some of the same laws and thinking that USCIS officers use by the way.

You may find that in your case this isnt a problem but for many in other countries it would be. The problem we are trying to avoid here is that on the day of the interview if the CO doesnt accept what has been submitted and what you were told, you would be in a difficult situation.

We want you to be granted the visa without delay.

Timeline

Since some have decided to be insulting to my fiancée I must jump in here.

First of all…

Per the advice of 3 separate immigration attorneys, we have provided the I-134 with the I-129F and other documentation, such as documentation to be presented at the interview.

In their experience, this can simplify the interview and approval process.

Yes, the original documentation still needs to be present at the interview as well as supplement documentation covering the period between when the filing and the interview.

Perhaps English is not the first language of those who deem it necessary to be insulting, so it may be more difficult for them to understand those whose English skills are less eloquent or more variant than their own. Even native English speakers whose personal linguistic skills are somewhat limited find it difficult conversing with some people who may have adopted English as a second language. As someone who speaks several languages I can attest to the fact that English is a relatively unforgiving language.

However, that is no excuse for discourteous behavior.A little tolerance goes a long way.

Over all my fiancée was agreeing that this information still needed to be presented at the interview, likewise according to advice we have received per legal counsel.

Her only issue was with the tone of superior indignation that some individuals have needed to express.

It is entirely possible that your advice is more reliable than that of those who have passed the bar, have legal standing, and have processed thousands of visa applications over decades of practice. Who knows,anything is possible.

That being accepted, being insolent, inconsequential,obstinate is probably not needed.

Keep in mind that most of us here have a significant other who we are deeply in love with who may not have English as a first language. So the insults cut deeply at a broad swath of people.

We, as a community of people here on this site, seek each other's support and advice. The unwarranted and unneeded vitriol only serves to affirm some of the stereotypes assumed to those of us who are seeking a K-1 or K-3 visa.

Edited by Robb&Ann

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.