yett

child support

52 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

yes, jay kay the co-sponsor is his brother and sister.they live together in one house.his sister has 1 son and his brother too.,that's why we wanted to know if they will include them in their defendants

Okay, so the brother and sister will both fill out an I-864A to combine with your husband's I-864? That would mean all 3 must have a combined income for a household of 8: Your husband, his 2 kids, the brother, his kid, the sister, her kid, and you. If either the brother or sister have an individual income that meets the requirement for a household of 3(themselves, their kid and you), then you could use them as a joint sponsor and just have them fill out their own I-864.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

jay kay i would like to ask you, Because I'm confused. The consul asked for 1-864 not I-864A. from what I understand if they all live in the same house then I should pass 1-864A? what exactly is the difference between i-864 and I-864a?

Edited by famela

his brother annual income is $30,000 and his sister who has 2 yrs old son earns $41,000.both agreed to sponsor me, but I think one of them is enough or is it better to use both of them? I need your kind suggestion please.

thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

An I-864A is used for a qualifying member of the USC sponsor's household to combine their incomes to meet the requirement. They are wanting an I-864 from a joint sponsor instead. If the brother or sister meet the income requirement, then just choose one of them. They need to fill out an I-864 and provide their most recent tax transcript, letter from employer most recent pay stub(s) and proof of being a USC or LPR.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.