yett

child support

52 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It doesn't matter what he does or donot do regarding the children, according to the laws in the US he the father will always be considered their full finanical responsibility, unless the courts deemed it otherwise.

I believe that you have been given some soft information regarding this aspect and you are finding it hard to understand that these children will always be his finanical responsibility,

Just be prepare for this going forward in life.

A checking account will not count, becase money in a checking account is used for daily living expenses, so the checking account amount moves on a daily basis.

Thank you for your helpful response.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It doesn't matter what he does or donot do regarding the children, according to the laws in the US he the father will always be considered their full finanical responsibility, unless the courts deemed it otherwise.

I believe that you have been given some soft information regarding this aspect and you are finding it hard to understand that these children will always be his finanical responsibility,

Just be prepare for this going forward in life.

A checking account will not count, becase money in a checking account is used for daily living expenses, so the checking account amount moves on a daily basis.

Right on the I-864 it asks for the balances of your CHECKING and savings accounts. If you have a consistant balance in your checking account that can be traced over time, why should it not count - especially when the form asks for that/those balances.

"In their divorce papers, it was stated that Both parties agree to provide food, clothing, shelter, money, transportation and other financial needs of the children during their respective periods of possession."

That is more obligation than giving the kid a hotdog when he comes over. How can you say they are not dependent? He is under a court ordered agreement to provide for their needs while in his possession. Why is only child support order mean they are dependents? That is erroneous. If he doesn't provide for them under this agreement, he will be in breach and his ex can go back to court and get a support order I would be quite certain. That's why I listed the I-864 instructions. It makes it more clear. I am sure the I-134 and I-864 requirements have to parallel since you will have to meet the I-864 very soon. Sure would feel sad if you you did not list them on the one and then get shot down at the later more crucial step. Some consulates follow the I-864 guidelines anyhow.

I believe dependent only count if you claim them on your taxes or if your children (under 18) live with you for more than 6 months then legally you have to claim your children as dependents.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I believe dependent only count if you claim them on your taxes or if your children (under 18) live with you for more than 6 months then legally you have to claim your children as dependents.

You have to claim your children no matter what. Does not matter if they receive support from you currently. Does not matter if you claim them on taxes.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You have to claim your children no matter what. Does not matter if they receive support from you currently. Does not matter if you claim them on taxes.

:thumbs:

This was thoroughly covered on the first page of this thread. ALL MINOR CHILDREN ARE COUNTED IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD SIZE, whether or not you pay child support, whether or not they live with you, and whether or not you claim them on your taxes.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

• 6 months later...

I was interviewed by the consul last June in abu dhabi embassy.he told me that I needed a joint ssponsor.

He asked me the following questions:

Is my husband married before? I said NO

Does he have any children?I said Yes, two

where are they? I said theyre with their mothers

Is my husband giving child support? I said Yes

My husband income is $22,300 annually and its way above poverty line

His children were living in the Philippines not in US

I would like to know the reason why I still need a joint sponsor? pls help

Timeline

hi aaron, tnx for the reply

i wanted know how he will include them in household nos.theyre not living in US they are in philippines

It does not matter where they live. Please read the I-864 form instructions about how to count household size. Household size is not based on who lives in the same house. Any minor children are counted in his household size, no matter where they live, no matter if child support is paid or not, and no matter which parent claims them on their taxes.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Do we need to include the dependents of the co-sponsor in form I-864A? pls help

A joint sponsor fills out their own I-864. Does your husband live with a qualifying household member that can use the I-864A?

Edited by Jay-Kay

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

yes, jay kay the co-sponsor is his brother and sister.they live together in one house.his sister has 1 son and his brother too.,that's why we wanted to know if they will include them in their defendants

Everyone counts their kids. Everyone.

Read the instructions. You have been told that minor children must be counted with no exceptions. You just don't seem to get this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.