KennyJ

We got PINK!!!!

18 posts in this topic

FINALLY!!!! our 7 months of journey was a success. There are no words to express my feeling right now. Thanks so much VSJ members with all great advises. As few of Vietnamese members here know my situation would have few red flags

1) I know Thuy when I was still married

2) I started a new relationship 1 month after I filed for divorce

3) Thuy and I engaged 1 month after my bifurcation (7 months after I filed for divorce)

4) I filed for K1 Visa 3 months after my bifurcation.

Thuy and I got to the Consulate at 6:30 AM

We lined up at and entered the gate at 7:00 AM. The guard asked us for our invitation letter and my passport. The process was very easy and fast here

Once entered the gate there are 2 lines in the room "Immigrant" line and "Non-Immigrant" visa line. It really doesn't matter which line you are in.

After that the guard send 10 people at a time to another room. This is where you will get your interview # and EMS form. They only allow Thuy here. I have to sit in the waiting area.

Today was a very rough day. I noticed there were more blues than pinks, about 2 pinks (and those pinks are those who have petioners there) for every 8 blues. The CO took average 30-45 mins to interview each CR1 or K1 case. Majority of the blues were relating to timeline and 10 years of residency of the petitioner.

We got 9:30 AM schedule but we were called to the windows 7 at 11:30 am. Thuy and I were both very nervous since NO ONE got pink from this windows. We happened to sit next to that window so we heard all the questions and saw all the results.

Majority of the questions we heard were

How did you meet your fiance?

What is his address there?

Who lives with him?

What time is it overthere right now?

Describe his job and title.

When did he propose?

How many guests at the engagement?

What is his annual salary?

When did he file for divorce?

Why did he file for divorce?

Where did he file for divorce?

How old is his parents?

And he would randomly picked out pictures and ask to describe about those pictures.

When Thuy's # was called to Windows 7 we immediately load all the evidences on the windows, then the CO told us "STOP, we need you to come back later we have to go to lunch"....

We went to lunch, came back and waited for about another hour and our number was called around 2:00 pm. Again I immediately load all the evidences before Thuy and I took the oath.

After the oath I immediately informed the CO that I have the TIMELINE (very very important, I recommend you guys have this prepared) and asked him if he would like to see it. The CO said yes. The CO then read my timeline and started asking me the questions. The CO asked me majority of the questions and asked Thuy only 3 questions about us and 3 questions about her. The CO asked me about 15 questions.

3 questions about us to Thuy

1) How did you meet? (Thuy and I were childhood friend, I have this infomation in TimeLine and in the original form that I sent to USCIS)

2) Describe your relationship from the time you found him via Facebook to the time he propose to you.

We were friends and our relationship became a romance relationship after I file for divorce

3) How many times did he file divorce? (2 times)

3 questions about Thuy to Thuy

1) When did you divorce?

2) Will your son travel with you?

3) Did you know you have to marry him within 90days once you enter the U.S?

Questions to me

1) How many times did I divorce? years of divorce?.

I divorced 1 time and the other time is pending however I got the bifurcation. He looked at my court paper to verify my bifurcation date.

2) How did I migrate to the U.S? I told him the year, and told him it was my dad who petitioned me and my mom and then he typed something in the computer to verify my answer. (They have all your information).

3) How did my dad migrate to the US? I told him he was one of those boat people

4) Years I married first time and second time. And why did I divorce?

5) are those ex-wives Vietnamese? or Vietnamese-American? Were they on student visas? I told him the answers and again he typed in the computer and nodded his head

6) Why you decided to travel back to VN 2nd times? I told him for investment. He followed up with another question, were you still married that time? I told him yes

7) What did you invest? Explored real estate investment

8) Were Thuy in real estate? I told him she is a sales/marketer

9) Did you invest any in the U.S? Yes I bought 2 houses

10)He asked me the addresses of those 2 houses and what happened to them?. After I gave him the answer he again typed something in the computer and nodded his head again.

11)He asked me about my current residence whether I am the owner or renter. I told him I am renting it.

12)He asked me why did you choose to live in that city since not many singles want to live there. I told him I love my city and to me it is the best. He nodded and then he told me "I know where you live exactly. I grew up there and my house was not far from where you live and I love that city too". He and I then have a good chat and laughs about how great is the city I am currently residing.

13)He asked about my salary

14)He asked about my profession

15)And last question, so are you sure about this 3rd one (3rd relationship)?. I told him yes and Thuy is my soulmate and have deep connection with her. He then told me "Well we have a saying, 3rd time is the charm. Good luck to both of you. You have passed"

He DID NOT look at our pictures. We have over 1000 pictures.

He DID NOT look at our phone bills, chat, hotel or gift receipts. We have over 2000 pages

We brought a suite case with all evidences. And he didn't ask any; however, he did ask other people ahead of us for pictures, chat logs, phone bills, hotel reciepts. He asked us NONE of that. I think he noticed the amount of evidences I have up on the wall.

My advice to everyone

1) Create a Timeline and 10 years residence

2) Immediately frontload all your evidences up on the wall before anything

3) After the oath immediately inform them about your timeline.

4) Be there for your fiancee/fiance.

Evidences we prepared

1) Pictures, we have them in chronological order according to the # of trips I visited VN and pictures of me and Thuy when we were young

2) Phone bills, hotel receipts, airplane tickets/boarding passes, 5 Western Unions receipts

3) Chat logs

4) Timeline (VERY VERY VERY important)

5) 10 years of residence (he didn't ask me for this but many other people were asked for this and they got blues for that)

Edited by KoJ

Congrats! :dance:

I was there 3 times. Sitting in there and seeing others' outcome is very depressing.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

Wife's journey.
Day 01 - 07/25/2012 - Mailed AOS package (I-130,I-131, I-485,I-765) via UPS Next Day Air.
Day 02 - 07/26/2012 - Package delivered by UPS.
Day 10 - 08/03/2012 - Got 4 emails confirm AOS package had been received. Checks cashed.
Day 13 - 08/06/2012 - Receipt Numbers are track-able on USCIS website.
Day 18 - 08/11/2012 - Biometrics Notice received (Dated: 8/8, Appointment: 8/29)
Day 20 - 08/13/2012 - Walk-in biometrics done.
Day 24 - 08/17/2012 - Received 4 NOA letters.
Day 27 - 08/20/2012 - 2nd Biometrics Notice received. Same day walk-in biometrics done.
Day 41 - 09/03/2012 - Email and txt notification of interview.
Day 43 - 09/05/2012 - Interview Notice in the mail. This is GREAT!
Day 63 - 09/25/2012 - EAD txt notification. I-765 online status updated.
Day 69 - 10/01/2012 - EAD Mailed.
Day 71 - 10/03/2012 - Interview. I-130 approved. I-485 will be approved after police clearance received. / EAD received. Wrong name. Wrong country of birth.
... waiting for Police Reports from Vietnam and current city's police dept.
11/01/2012 - RFE Police reports sent.
11/06/2012 - I-485 Approved. Card production email received.
11/09/2012 - Email notification. Card picked up by USPS.
11/15/2012 - GC received. Correct name. Still wrong country of birth.

Remove condition:

10/22/2014 - I-751 notice receipt received.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

ConGraTuLaTions :):dance::star:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Congratulations! Thank you for your review. This is very helpful. I'll write up my 10 year residency right away

Show Timeline:

Apr 2009 - We first met. Fear at first sight!
Apr 2009 - First date--actually to bernie c's wedding no less!
Aug 2009 - promise ring
Nov 2009 - moved in together
Mar 2010 - pregnant!
May 2010 - engagement
Jun 2010 - wedding
Dec 2010 - its a girl!
Dec 2010 - signed marriage cert
May 2012 - got CRBA and passport for baby
06-16-2012 - I-130 Package sent for CR1 spousal visa
06-26-2012 - NOA-1 -> CSC
10-04-2012 - NOA-2
10-23-2012 - Paid AOS / Emailed DS-3032
11-08-2012 - Paid IV
11-21-2012 - Mailed AOS/IV packets
12-12-2012 - Received Checklist for Police Certificate (missing translation)
12-12-2012 - Mailed Translated PC
12-21-2012 - Case Completed at NVC. Qualified for IR1 visa
03-19-2013 - Interview

06-21-2012 - USCIS received I130 from abroad
06-26-2012 - NOA-1 -> CSC
10-04-2012 - NOA-2
12-21-2012 - Case Completed at NVC
03-19-2013 - Interview - Passed!

04-04-2013 - POE LAX 2 hour wait My parents picked us up!

04-16-2013 - Received green card

congrats!!

To quotes a movie, “So how does it happen, great love? Nobody knows... but what I can tell you is that it happens in the blink of an eye. One Moment you're enjoying your life, and the next you're wondering how you ever lived without them.” I felt I found something with Kieu that is rare in life... true love.

congrats..

I-130 Journey

USCIS

06-15-2008 : Marriage

08-16-2008 : I-130 Sent

08-18-2008 : I-130 Received

08-22-2008 : I-130 NOA1

02-02-2009 : I-130 NOA2 Approved 164 days from NOA1

NVC

02-04-2009 : Visited my wife for 2 weeks. 02-22-2009 come back to US

02-11-2009 : Received package from NVC

02-23-2009 : AOS Paid $70 (Online)

02-23-2009 : DS-3032 sent (by email)

02-25-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (AOS)

03-04-2009 : NVC has received the Choice of Agent DS-3032 (Online)

03-04-2009 : IV Application Processing Fees $400 (Online)

03-05-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (IV APS)

03-07-2009 : DS-230, and I-864 Sent (by USPS)

03-12-2009 : USPS confirm arrived at NVC for DS-230, & I-864

03-13-2009 : NVC received DS-230, & I-864 (Case in progress)

03-20-2009 : NVC case completed in 1 week NVC completed 03-20-2009.

04-02-2009 : NVC Left to HCM city

04-22-2009 : Medical Passed

05-12-2009 : Received a package IV from HCM Consulate by email

05-18-2009 : My wife got Pink.. yeah..

05-26-2009 : Visa received

06-18-2009 : US Entry!!! Yeah, my wife finally here.

06-29-2009 : Received SSN from snail mail

07-20-2009 : Green card received by mail

09-15-2009 : Writting test from DVM.

11-03-2009 : Driving Test.

01-20-2010 : Working.

04-20-2011 : Submit I751

04-26-2011 : Received I-797 NOA with Receipt Number

05-11-2011 : Received ASC Appointment Notice

06-03-2011 : Biometrics Apts @ 11:00 AM

10-11-2011 : Submit more evidence.

Do you mind sharing the outline or structure of your timeline? I'd be interested to see the format that they are pleased with.

I listed out the numbers of trips I visited VN and in each trip I described what I did and where I went with Thuy. I also described the progression of my feeling to Thuy in each trip.

Timeline

Yes it does to CR1 as well.

Then what was the point of the G325A, which has 5 years of residence?

I don't understand why they are asking for different things if you already submitted this in the beginning. This is very frustrating because I am about to leave for Vietnam in about a week and I don't want to screw up her interview if I am missing a document.

Why don't they tell you this from the beginning or tell you in the interview letter? Unbelievable.

Then what was the point of the G325A, which has 5 years of residence?

I don't understand why they are asking for different things if you already submitted this in the beginning. This is very frustrating because I am about to leave for Vietnam in about a week and I don't want to screw up her interview if I am missing a document.

Why don't they tell you this from the beginning or tell you in the interview letter? Unbelievable.

Let me clarify this 10 years mostly was asked to couples who have prior divorce. A friend of mine had an interview on the 28th and the CO also asked his wife about the 10 years and luckily he has it prepare for her.

Timeline

Let me clarify this 10 years mostly was asked to couples who have prior divorce. A friend of mine had an interview on the 28th and the CO also asked his wife about the 10 years and luckily he has it prepare for her.

Ok, that is what I thought. I never had a divorce because this is my first marriage. :)

The principle immigration consultant that is helping me said to me...

"The DS230 (attached) has all the residence and work history they will want. It's actually 10 years of work history if somebody has been working that long and residence history back to age 16. No additional residence history is needed for the US Citizen."

So, I think I am good. Thank you.

Edited by wdennyc85

Ok, that is what I thought. I never had a divorce because this is my first marriage. :)

The principle immigration consultant that is helping me said to me...

"The DS230 (attached) has all the residence and work history they will want. It's actually 10 years of work history if somebody has been working that long and residence history back to age 16. No additional residence history is needed for the US Citizen."

So, I think I am good. Thank you.

It is never hurt to prepare. More evidences, paper you have less questions you will get. My lawyer also told me not to worry about Timeline or 10 years since I have all other evidences and I would be there for the interview. I think my interview went easy because I was over prepared. Again I think if it doesn't hurt to have one then why not.

Timeline

It is never hurt to prepare. More evidences, paper you have less questions you will get. My lawyer also told me not to worry about Timeline or 10 years since I have all other evidences and I would be there for the interview. I think my interview went easy because I was over prepared. Again I think if it doesn't hurt to have one then why not.

Yeah, I like to be over prepared as well. He told me from the start to make a Timeline and that was submitted in at the USCIS stage.

So, I might as well make this 10 year residence, so I won't kick myself in the end.

What kind of format did you make yours in? Did you just list each of your house addresses one by one?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.