moosemilk

Marriage certificate returned

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Has anyone experienced this, I am currently waiting on 485 to be processed, submitted in early July 2012 and transferred to CSC early August. Today I received the marriage certificate I submitted in an envelope, nothing else at all. I guess that this means that someone has touched my file but no indication on the website. Has anyone had similar.

Also concerned that despite having changed address online in August they still sent it to my old address.

Filed: Timeline

I will speak specifically to USCIS sending mails to your 'old address' even though you changed your address online and provided them with your new address. This happened to me and mom. Even though I did a change of address online, sent another copy by certified mail with return receipt, USCIS still sent my mom's GC to my old address. Luckily, the guy I leased my condo to caught it and never put it back into the usps return to sender mail. Usps will NOT 'forward' uscis official mails I understand... Fortunately the new guy at my condo knew the importantce of the GC and other mails and called me right away! I gave him my new address and he mailed the documents to me! Moral of the story is that don't be surprised that even though you filed a change of address with uscis, your mail might still end up at your old address. Why? Because you have alot of incompetent people working at uscis who work mechanically and will NEVER bother to double check and make sure they are using the 'current address' on the case file. It will help if you know the new person(s) livimg at you old address and alert them that in case your mail end up there they should let you know right away!

Best of luck to you!

Iron Sharpen Iron!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I will speak specifically to USCIS sending mails to your 'old address' even though you changed your address online and provided them with your new address. This happened to me and mom. Even though I did a change of address online, sent another copy by certified mail with return receipt, USCIS still sent my mom's GC to my old address. Luckily, the guy I leased my condo to caught it and never put it back into the usps return to sender mail. Usps will NOT 'forward' uscis official mails I understand... Fortunately the new guy at my condo knew the importantce of the GC and other mails and called me right away! I gave him my new address and he mailed the documents to me! Moral of the story is that don't be surprised that even though you filed a change of address with uscis, your mail might still end up at your old address. Why? Because you have alot of incompetent people working at uscis who work mechanically and will NEVER bother to double check and make sure they are using the 'current address' on the case file. It will help if you know the new person(s) livimg at you old address and alert them that in case your mail end up there they should let you know right away!

Best of luck to you!

You also have to send USCIS the AR-11 change of address form via UPS mail in order to change it, not just online.

You also have to send USCIS the AR-11 change of address form via UPS mail in order to change it, not just online.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

There is no need to post the AR 11 if filed online, infact it specifically says not to:

If you choose to use this online electronic change of address notification, please do not mail in a Form AR-11. On the other hand if you choose not to use this online tool and instead choose to mail in a paper Form AR-11 please understand that doing so will not update your address on any applications or petitions pending with USCIS.

The issue is with the USCIS, I have received confirmation of address changes and also my EAD was correctly addressed. You cannot call to actually confirm the address either, as I tried earlier and was told to infopass to check this.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hopefully the nice IO made a copy of your original for your file. Nice of them to return it. I would call it a touch and more.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hopefully the nice IO made a copy of your original for your file. Nice of them to return it. I would call it a touch and more.

:thumbs:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Timeline

It's strange that I couldn't update my address online, so I sent a physical copy through USPS to the local office when my case was still pending.

They did change my address in the system - I got my approval letter and the green card to the new address. It seems like they do process your change of address form with pending cases if you send them to the right place (i.e., where you case is)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.