alfredjamoroso

Ready to propose

9 posts in this topic

Hey all good news, I'm going to propose to my soul mate of 4 years this coming January. Do I complete and send the I-129F? she lives in the Phillipines and i'm in California. can anybody send me a link that can guide me on the whole process . thanks for the help if needed any additional information PM me

as1cOCH0g000810MDA0NDZzfDY4OTI5c3xkYXlzI

recieved NOA2 May 29, 2013

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations!

Visa Journey has a very good guide to read as a starting place. It details the whole process, along with what you need to qualify and what you will need to obtain during the process. I suggest you start here: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

You would also benefit from going directly to the USCIS website (http://www.uscis.gov ) and clicking on the I-129f form, reading over the form and the instructions and reading over all of the links. The forms and the instructions also contain valuable information about what you need to do to start the process.

Good luck - and don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have here. It is a good idea, though, to have done some sort of initial research on your own as many of your questions may be readily answered in the paperwork you have to complete For other questions, you can post them here in the K-1 visa forum.

btw - it isn't a good idea to post the same question more than once or to start more than one thread on the same concern. Sometimes you just need to be a little bit patient and wait for the right people to read your question and then respond. On a day like today - Christmas Day - many of our members will be busy with family and religious activities and may not be on line right now to answer questions. Be patient and you will get your answers. I have removed the duplicate post you made asking the same question.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

• 1 month later...

On the I-129f question 18: how much details should I put, i know its one of the most important questions to answer but wondering how much details should i put down. also 2013 is not our first meeting it was back in 2008. from 2008 i revisited on 2009, 2011 and 2013. do i write out also the past years that we met?

thanks -Alfred

as1cOCH0g000810MDA0NDZzfDY4OTI5c3xkYXlzI

recieved NOA2 May 29, 2013

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

On the I-129f question 18: how much details should I put, i know its one of the most important questions to answer but wondering how much details should i put down. also 2013 is not our first meeting it was back in 2008. from 2008 i revisited on 2009, 2011 and 2013. do i write out also the past years that we met?

thanks -Alfred

Add enough details that they know this is a long term relationship, no intimate details but dates, times and frequency are very important to include along with proof of the travel (receipts, etc).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Add enough details that they know this is a long term relationship, no intimate details but dates, times and frequency are very important to include along with proof of the travel (receipts, etc).

Good luck with the proposal...I would start by getting her to send you the completed G325A, Passport photo and signed letter of intent, those things will likely be your bottleneck to getting it done soonest with the speed of mail from the Philippines. Or use Fed-Ex and it takes just 3-4 days for delivery, i think it was $35 for my fiancee to fed-ex those to me. (also Philippines to California).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

thanks -Alfred

Congratulation on your engagement! good.gif

put dates and location of each time you met, it can't hurt.

Here is what we did: We wrote half a page (separate sheet): where, when and how we met (we were studying in the same education intstitution (name and program) and what visa I had). When we started to date, dates I came back to France, dates and destination of every trip we took to visit. We added a description of the means we use to communicate when separated (although it is not really requested by the question but my fiancé wanted to add those 2 lines)

Good luck in your visa journey!

From the day we sent I-129F to the day I recieved my K-1: Exactly 9 months
I am the benifeciary

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.