Marinella

Canadian Interview Info

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi,

I am from Calgary, Alberta, Canada. My fiance has submitted the I-129F visa application to the California Service Centre and we are awaiting approval. I noticed on this site that members from Canada were either interviewed at the embassies in Montreal or Vancouver. Are these the only 2 locations to be interviewed at? Can you not be interviewed at a consulate in your home city?

Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated. :help:

Vancouver or Montreal no choice

PARENTS JOURNEY

Dec 10 - sent I130 for Mom & Dad

Jan- Recd NOA1

Feb- Recd RFE for missing BC

Mar- Recd RFE for missing BC

Apr- NOA2 Case approved

May- NVC case #

May- paid $88 AOS FEE

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

The smaller consular offices don't handle visas that we are dealing with on this board, sorry. They're more for assisting American citizens in Canada You'll be dealing with Vancouver, which is a great consulate. :) Check the Canadian Clearing House thread for links to information threads about Vancouver.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline
The smaller consular offices don't handle visas that we are dealing with on this board, sorry. They're more for assisting American citizens in Canada You'll be dealing with Vancouver, which is a great consulate. :) Check the Canadian Clearing House thread for links to information threads about Vancouver.

thanks.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My husband was interviewed in Vancouver, he is also from Calgary.

See my time line.

We applied in November of 04 and he had his interview in July of 05.

It depends on how fast you can get the information needed and returned to them on the speed of your interview.

They usually give 90 days between packages...

Moondancer

7-3-06 GREEN CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL!!!! Done for two years!!!!!!

I am here to help, even if it's just to offer my shoulder to cry or vent on... We are all in this together.!

My answers are based on personal experience, not fact.

We are on this rollercoaster ride together holding on for dear life.

Timeline

Hi there!

I actually just posted asking about the wait time for Vancouver over on the Canada forum...

We're about to fax in our checklist this friday, so I'll let you know how long it might be...

Another VJ'er said that they included their email with the checklist and asked them to email them with their interview date... they got a date a month away in their email 2 days after faxing the checklist in...

Hope we're all so lucky!

But from what I've seen, the wait at Montreal is a bit longer than it is in Vancouver!

Good luck!

Kim/Boston/US

Dave/Vancouver/Canada

4/2005 - met in Vegas!

10/8/2005 - We got engaged!! (with many, many trips between the two!)

K-1 Journey:

12/12/2005 - Sent I-129F to Vermont! (Day 1)

12/13/2005 - I-129F arrives at VSC! (Day 2)

12/16/2005 - Check Cashed! (Day 5)

12/22/2005 - NOA1 received by snail mail (Day 11)

1/10/2006 - NOA2 received by email! (Day 30)

1/14/2006 - NOA2 received by snail mail (Day 34)

1/17/2006 - Letter Received from NVC (Day 37)

1/30/2006 - Fiance receives Packet 3! (Day 50)

3/1/2006 - Medical Exam (Day 79)

3/3/2006 - Checklist Faxed to Consulate (Day 81)

3/14/2006 - Call to Consulate, Interview Scheduled for April 10th!!

3/17/2006 - Packet 4 w/interview date finally arrives!

4/10/2006 - K-1 VISA APPROVED! (Day 121)

6/11/2006 - Border Crossing at Peace Bridge (Buffalo, NY)

6/16/2006 - Legally Married!

10/1/2006 - Our Wedding Day

AOS Journey:

8/7/2006 Sent AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago (Day 1)

8/8/2006 AOS/EAD/AP Arrive at Chicago Lockbox

8/16/2006 NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

9/11/2006 AOS Transferred to CSC

10/17/2006 AP Approved (by email)

10/18/2006 EAD touched!

11/25/06 Biometrics scheduled

Timeline
No - it will be Vancouver or Montreal. I'm in Manitoba and will have to go to Montreal. We will have to make a vacation of it.

Hello fellow Manitoban. So you went through Montreal? I put down Vancouver on the I-129F because I thought Manitoba (Winnipeg) was more considered part of Western Canada... oops. This mistake won't delay anything, will it?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Check out the timelines section here on VJ. You may be able to compare your timeline with those of others who've gone through the process.

Heading Home!

Naturalization

Feb 28/2011 - sent paperwork

Mar 3/11 - received text & email notification - they have it!

Mar 15/11 - text, email, and notice sent - biometrics booked

April 12/11 - biometrics done - I start studying

May - get the letter

June 27 - Interview and oath ceremony - same day

Lifting Conditions

Feb 5/08 - Sent paperwork by USPS - priority

Feb 14/08 - NOA issued

Feb 28/08 - Biometrics letter received for The Bronx Office - have to reschedule

Mar 22/08 - Biometrics rescheduled - LOVE the Saturday appointment!

Feb ?/09 - done!

I'M HIGHLY OPINIONATED WHEN I WANT TO BE, BUT I NEVER SAID I WAS RIGHT

Timeline
My husband was interviewed in Vancouver, he is also from Calgary.

See my time line.

We applied in November of 04 and he had his interview in July of 05.

It depends on how fast you can get the information needed and returned to them on the speed of your interview.

They usually give 90 days between packages...

Moondancer

Finally...someone from Calgary!!! I think that my fiance put Calgary on the application because we didn't know that it couldn't be done here...will that delay things? Also, what is on the checklist for the interview?

:D

Hi there!

I actually just posted asking about the wait time for Vancouver over on the Canada forum...

We're about to fax in our checklist this friday, so I'll let you know how long it might be...

Another VJ'er said that they included their email with the checklist and asked them to email them with their interview date... they got a date a month away in their email 2 days after faxing the checklist in...

Hope we're all so lucky!

But from what I've seen, the wait at Montreal is a bit longer than it is in Vancouver!

Good luck!

thanks!!! what did they ask for on the checklist?

your links are very helpful. thank you.

Yes it is Vancouver from Calgary, AB. When my fiance and I first met he lived in Calgary so we planned to go to Vancouver for the interview. Then he moved to Winnipeg, MB so we thought it would be Montreal. Now he lives in Kelowna, BC and we are back to Vancouver. I told him to plant his a$$ down and stay there til our interview date! :lol:

Edited by jen&darcy

K-1 Process

---------------------------

April 20, 2006 - Filed I-129F (Ahhhhh finally!)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED!

September 28, 2006 - Interview!

September 29, 2006 - VISA in hand!

October 14, 2006 - WEDDING DATE!

AOS & EAD Process

----------------------------

December 26, 2006 - Darcy's last day of employment on his 90-day work authorization. Bummer!

December 27, 2006 - Filed AOS and EAD paperwork

January 3, 2006 - Receipt date of NOA1

January 11, 2007 - 'touched'

January 17, 2007 - transferred to CSC

January 19, 2007 - biometrics appointment

January 22, 2007 - 'touched'

January 23, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

January 24, 2007 - 'touched'

January 31, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

February 1, 2007 - GREEN CARD ORDERED!!!

February 5, 2007 - Received Welcome Letter

February 11, 2007 - received GREEN CARD!!

Lifting Conditions

----------------------------

December 31, 2008 - filed I-751

January 10, 2009 - received 1-year extension letter

January 28, 2009 - biometrics

February 13, 2009 - 10-year green card ordered

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

No - it will be Vancouver or Montreal. I'm in Manitoba and will have to go to Montreal. We will have to make a vacation of it.

Hello fellow Manitoban. So you went through Montreal? I put down Vancouver on the I-129F because I thought Manitoba (Winnipeg) was more considered part of Western Canada... oops. This mistake won't delay anything, will it?

Actually neiks is doing a CR-1 visa... Montreal is the only consulate in Canada that does a CR-1 visa.

If you live in Manitoba and are doing a K visa, your interview will be in Vancouver.

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Timeline

Actually neiks is doing a CR-1 visa... Montreal is the only consulate in Canada that does a CR-1 visa.

If you live in Manitoba and are doing a K visa, your interview will be in Vancouver.

ok. thanks for the clarification :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.