Marilyn.

Road Trip to Canada

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

As some of you might remember, hubby and I planned to take a road trip in April... we still plan on taking the trip, hubby has decided to stay at this job :P at least until he finds a job that pays the same or more.....

The plan was to drive up to Manitoba first and visit my grandparents and other relatives for a day or two (hubby hasn't met all of them yet, only my grandma and a couple of my aunts who were at our wedding) and then we were going to drive across Canada to British Columbia to visit my family for a few days and then drive back home along the coast....

Well, I was doing some thinking last night and I think the best bet is not to go see my grandparents this trip... in order to fit everything in the 2 weeks, we have to drive about 10 hours a day, and then we only have a day or two with my grandparents and a few days with my family... Hubby and I won't be able to relax very much driving 10 hours a day :unsure: ... So I figured we would cut out the Manitoba part and then just take our time driving up to British Columbia.... and also it will save us some money on gas etc...

I do really want to see my Grandparents though, I haven't seen my grandpa since 2002 :( he is getting old, he is about 91 or 92 , not sure how much longer he has... and I really wanted David to meet my grandpa and my other aunts and uncles and I wanted to show him where I grew up...... but I figured maybe we could fly up on a long weekend or something.... (although that would cost more then the road trip is gonna cost :P)

well, we will see what happens, need to talk it over with my hubby some more......

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good luck on whatever you decided but one suggestion. How about making the road trip to see your grandparents in Manitoba and then make the other trip to B.C. some other time. You were expressing concerns about not seeing your grandfather since 2002, his age and not knowing how much longer he has. Or fly to Manitoba now and then drive to B.C. another time?

Timeline

yeah, I was thinking about that but we are not sure when we would be able to go on another vacation.... and I haven't seen my family in about a year and I really miss my younger sibs who are 15, 13 and 10.... I helped raise them a little bit too...

I was thinking we could go to Manitoba on a long weekend ... there are a few of those coming up....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

What??? Cut out Manitoba???? But it is such beautiful weather this time of year.

April - may be better - but always chance of snow storm - let's see I remember snow storm in May.

A long weekend in Summer is nice - if you can handle the mosquitos - bring lots of bugspray.

We will welcome you to our beloved province - remember we are "Friendly Manitoba"

Timeline
What??? Cut out Manitoba???? But it is such beautiful weather this time of year.

April - may be better - but always chance of snow storm - let's see I remember snow storm in May.

A long weekend in Summer is nice - if you can handle the mosquitos - bring lots of bugspray.

We will welcome you to our beloved province - remember we are "Friendly Manitoba"

yeah, I know all about Manitoba :P I was born there and I lived there for the first 15 years of my life... In a town called Steinbach but we actually lived in Kleefeld....

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
Then a reminder in case you forgot or mentally blocked it out. :lol:

i have tried to mentally block it out... I hated those 6 months or so of snow, I like snow but not when it gets all dirty and icky :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

well, we have decided to not go to Manitoba this trip... It is just too much driving and not enough relaxing...

so now I am trying to plan a route and I have one figured out, I think but I was just wondering about stuff to do along the way.....

On the way up we will be taking the I-15 through Nevada, Utah, Idaho and then cut across Oregon on the I-84 and up through Washington on the I-5..

Do any of you know of stuff to do or see along the way... museums, landmarks, historical stuff.. or know how I could find out...?

On the way back we are going to take the coastal highway 101 all the way to San Fransisco.... I know there is a bunch of stuff to see and do along that way....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

well, I just ordered a bunch of travel brochures from the various States... I should have done that a few weeks ago, I guess but most of them say that I should get them within 10 business days :thumbs:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Only 4 more sleeps and then we will be on our way to Canada!!! :D:D:dance::dance:

I have made a list of things I want to bring back with me :lol:

1. Kraft Dinner

2. Heinz Ketchup

3. Cheese Whiz

4. Ketchup Chips

5. Tetley Tea - the round bags

I have to finalize all the details this week, hotels etc... plus I have to find some time to do the real laundry before we leave :unsure: ... or we will have nothing to wear on our trip :P.... I really wish I had a washer and dryer here :crying:

Oh and I need to bake some cookies etc. to take on the trip too...

Why am I sitting here if I have all that stuff to do yet... :lol::whistle:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Only 4 more sleeps and then we will be on our way to Canada!!! :D:D:dance::dance:

1. Kraft Dinner

2. Heinz Ketchup

3. Cheese Whiz

4. Ketchup Chips

I have to finalize all the details this week, hotels etc... plus I have to find some time to do the real laundry before we leave :unsure: ... or we will have nothing to wear on our trip :P.... I really wish I had a washer and dryer here :crying:

you going to visit tim hortons a few times ? :whistle:

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Timeline

1. Kraft Dinner

2. Heinz Ketchup

3. Cheese Whiz

4. Ketchup Chips

OF COURSE!!!... that shouldn't even be a question :P:lol:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

:blush:

1. Kraft Dinner

2. Heinz Ketchup

3. Cheese Whiz

4. Ketchup Chips

OF COURSE!!!... that shouldn't even be a question :P:lol:

:blush::blush: i'm bad... :luv:

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835