UmBrighton

So excited...10 days and counting!

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I just wanted to say how excited I am that my husband's interview is in 10 days! Yay! I soooo wish I was allowed to go with him to the Cairo Embassy...would love to be there!

Wanted to say thanks to VJ for all the wonderful advice that has helped us get this far! And there are 3 Egypt VJers that have interviews next week! Good luck and best wishes for you all!

I can picture me and hubby now, sitting next to each other on the plane...arriving home just in time for Christmas with the family! :dance:

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I just wanted to say how excited I am that my husband's interview is in 10 days! Yay! I soooo wish I was allowed to go with him to the Cairo Embassy...would love to be there!

Wanted to say thanks to VJ for all the wonderful advice that has helped us get this far! And there are 3 Egypt VJers that have interviews next week! Good luck and best wishes for you all!

I can picture me and hubby now, sitting next to each other on the plane...arriving home just in time for Christmas with the family! :dance:

Good Luck!!

My wife's interview is in 12 days. Its very exciting period.

Timeline

Just wanted to drop in and say Good Luck!!!! Insha'allah all will go well and you both will be here in the States for Christmas. Our interview is next week and I am so nervous.

Thanks everyone! :)

And good luck Heather! I am getting so nervous too! The closer it gets to interview day....the more I worry about the paperwork I've submitted LOL. I need to take a break from VJ and google for the next week...I'm starting to get paranoid! :unsure: hahaha

event.png

Timeline

Me too!!! Lol I keep running through all the stuff and me and my kids have been quizzing hubby on questions. He is looking at all the papers and says do I really need all this. I just want him here in the states. The last time I was in Alex was in August for Eid so I am missing Ahmed so much. I look forward to seeing an approved on your timeline soon.

Timeline

I want to wish you the best of luck! Our thoughts and prayers are with you :thumbs:

event.png

10-25-2011 - Got Married

12-26-2011 - Sent I130

01-03-2012 - 130 NOA1

06-26-2012 - 130 Approved

07-16-2012 - NVC Received

10-11-2012 - Case Completed at NVC

11-01-2012 - Interview Scheduled - Approved

11-06-2012 - Passport In Hand

11-13-2012 - POE at LAX

11-29-2012 - Permenant Resident Card Received

12-10-2012 - SS# Received

08-13-2014 - Must Apply to Remove Restrictions

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey guys .. i saw your photo and your comment right here.om my visa.. i heard alot about your lovely story of my wife anita , and of all my heart ,,, i wanna congratulate u both for two times, first for the cute baby u will have soon second for the interview and soon u will settle together for ever,

Momo

Timeline

Hey guys .. i saw your photo and your comment right here.om my visa.. i heard alot about your lovely story of my wife anita , and of all my heart ,,, i wanna congratulate u both for two times, first for the cute baby u will have soon second for the interview and soon u will settle together for ever,

Momo

Hey Momo! Thanks so much! And congrats on your interview date next month! Hopefully you and Anita will be together soon...best wishes for you both! Tell Anita I say hello :)

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from Embassy/Consulate forum to the CR-1 Case Progress forum -- topic pertains to case status rather than to questions about an embassy. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.