CA2CA

K1 and K2s approved but passport still not available 2 weeks later

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else had this issue? My fiance and his two children were told at their interview(in Montreal)they were approved, but here we are more than 2 weeks later with no news on when they will receive their passports back! When I call the DOS they tell me that the K1 has been issued, but the K2s are still processing. It's very frustrating waiting like this after they were told they were approved and he got his "Welcome to the US" letter... :(

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am having the same issue but with the Philippine password. Nobody is answering me and I have gotten nowhere, it is the most frustrating thing ever. I am sorry.

06JUN12 - Forms Received by the office

07JUN12 - NOA1 Received

08JUN12 - Peek

27JUN12 - Called office to check on acceptance I-797

05AUG12 - Called about information on expedited process

06AUG12 - Submitted form for expedited process

06AUG12 - Got a notification that they needed evidence

06AUG12 - Sent evidence to the fax number provided

07AUG12 - Got a notice that evidence has not been submitted yet

07AUG12 - Called office and was told to resubmit, did so to the same fax number

08AUG12 - Still no status on approval or denial of expedite process.

09AUG12 - Called office and they said wait 15 days before calling to find out about missing RFE in mail.

27AUG12 - NAO2 Received

30AUG12 - NVC Received Package

04SEP12 - NVC Gave us MNL and Case Number

10OCT12 - Singapore Clearance sent to Embassy

19OCT12 - Interview Date ( approved )

21OCT12 - Missing Singapore clearance

20NOV12 - Visa Complete and printed at 2GO

20NOV12 - Tickets purchased

21NOV12 - Arrival in San Diego, CA

04DEC12 - Marriage!!!!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Is it possible the election in the US is a result of this?

06JUN12 - Forms Received by the office

07JUN12 - NOA1 Received

08JUN12 - Peek

27JUN12 - Called office to check on acceptance I-797

05AUG12 - Called about information on expedited process

06AUG12 - Submitted form for expedited process

06AUG12 - Got a notification that they needed evidence

06AUG12 - Sent evidence to the fax number provided

07AUG12 - Got a notice that evidence has not been submitted yet

07AUG12 - Called office and was told to resubmit, did so to the same fax number

08AUG12 - Still no status on approval or denial of expedite process.

09AUG12 - Called office and they said wait 15 days before calling to find out about missing RFE in mail.

27AUG12 - NAO2 Received

30AUG12 - NVC Received Package

04SEP12 - NVC Gave us MNL and Case Number

10OCT12 - Singapore Clearance sent to Embassy

19OCT12 - Interview Date ( approved )

21OCT12 - Missing Singapore clearance

20NOV12 - Visa Complete and printed at 2GO

20NOV12 - Tickets purchased

21NOV12 - Arrival in San Diego, CA

04DEC12 - Marriage!!!!

Is it possible the election in the US is a result of this?

I don't know.. You might want to call the NVC and ask them about your case. My fiance called them yesterday and they told him my case is under administrative processing... which would take a few weeks to months to get the visa. I wonder if they can deny after telling it was approved.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to K-1 Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else had this issue? My fiance and his two children were told at their interview(in Montreal)they were approved, but here we are more than 2 weeks later with no news on when they will receive their passports back! When I call the DOS they tell me that the K1 has been issued, but the K2s are still processing. It's very frustrating waiting like this after they were told they were approved and he got his "Welcome to the US" letter... :(

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The wheels of the US bureaucracy sometimes grind ever so slowly, but they usually proceed ahead.

Next year at this time, you can reflect on these times as part of your immigration journey.

Hang in there! You are almost there…. :thumbs:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

The wheels of the US bureaucracy sometimes grind ever so slowly, but they usually proceed ahead.

Next year at this time, you can reflect on these times as part of your immigration journey.

Hang in there! You are almost there…. :thumbs:

Thank you so much for the support! It is much apprecaited :)

Timeline

Iam having same situation to it is being a month now. I do not know what is wrong with montreal process. let us know when you got your visa also did you register Loomis branch location that you will pick up you passport .if no you will have delay.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.