sweetapple

Announcement from US Consulate in HCMC: New requirement for Police Clearance Certificate

19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

but it take a really long time to get the police certificate of records like a month or so I known it a peace of mind and money won't matter here but the thing I am scared is that we won't get the Police certificate #2 in time for the interview.

Edited by Skynet

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Just got our pc #2 today and guess what? They messed up the translation. The sex of my wife was translated as "male". Rather than having them redo it (who knows how long that will take) we took it to our regular translator to have it redone.

Show Timeline:

Apr 2009 - We first met. Fear at first sight!
Apr 2009 - First date--actually to bernie c's wedding no less!
Aug 2009 - promise ring
Nov 2009 - moved in together
Mar 2010 - pregnant!
May 2010 - engagement
Jun 2010 - wedding
Dec 2010 - its a girl!
Dec 2010 - signed marriage cert
May 2012 - got CRBA and passport for baby
06-16-2012 - I-130 Package sent for CR1 spousal visa
06-26-2012 - NOA-1 -> CSC
10-04-2012 - NOA-2
10-23-2012 - Paid AOS / Emailed DS-3032
11-08-2012 - Paid IV
11-21-2012 - Mailed AOS/IV packets
12-12-2012 - Received Checklist for Police Certificate (missing translation)
12-12-2012 - Mailed Translated PC
12-21-2012 - Case Completed at NVC. Qualified for IR1 visa
03-19-2013 - Interview

06-21-2012 - USCIS received I130 from abroad
06-26-2012 - NOA-1 -> CSC
10-04-2012 - NOA-2
12-21-2012 - Case Completed at NVC
03-19-2013 - Interview - Passed!

04-04-2013 - POE LAX 2 hour wait My parents picked us up!

04-16-2013 - Received green card

• 1 month later...
Filed: Timeline

Hi guys,

This question is sorta off topic, but when sending in the police report for the IV packet i know it's the original one with translations, however for example the marriage certificate and birth certificate, did you guys send in copies with the official vietnam government stamps on them?

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

my wife's lawyer in vietnam recently told her that the PR#2 (police report) is the new thing now, we sent in the PR#1 i'm assuming they accepted it since NVC didn't sent us a checklist for that but the lawyer advised my wife to apply for PC#2 and bring it to the interview just in case they ask for it. it takes about 3-4 weeks to acquired.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.