Sign in to follow this  
Quintin&Regee

Preparing for RFE's and other I130 worries.

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello VJ members!ount

I am a considerably young fellow at the age of 21. I met my wife on a two week stay in the Philippines and got married the day before I left the country. I recently filed an I-130 Spousal Visa application and I have some concerns. First, for my G325a has a slight mistake on me (the petitioners) form. I just noticed I put her maiden name both on her first name and maiden name box. Will this cause me any troubl? I have read that they do not take the G325a into much consideration until the NVC process, and I know I filled out the I-130 perfectly. Second, since I have gotten married I currently am a student with no job, but recently have inquired to joined the armed forces and will most likely enlist soon, should I notify the USCIS? Next, since I just met her on my visit we had no previous history with virtually no evidence to provide with the I130. I included 3 pictures from our wedding day which wasn't much, a letter from the bank stating the link between my bank account to hers with only 3 transactions made, my flight itinerary for a 3 month visit in December, and seven pages of skype messenger showing we have communicated considerably. This brings me up to my next point, during my stay in the Philippines I wanted to be prepared for an RFE so I can send it as soon as possible if necessary. I was wondering what sort of evidence I should expect if it does come. Is it a problem if I get Affidavits of Bona fide marriage before I leave with a considerable date difference from the RFE if recieved? Finally, I have blemish on my record, I got into some trouble in with the law two years ago and received a misdemeanor will that create a problem for me? This site has provided with so much help and I hope to continue to look for advice. Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello VJ members!ount

I am a considerably young fellow at the age of 21. I met my wife on a two week stay in the Philippines and got married the day before I left the country. I recently filed an I-130 Spousal Visa application and I have some concerns. First, for my G325a has a slight mistake on me (the petitioners) form. I just noticed I put her maiden name both on her first name and maiden name box. Will this cause me any troubl? I have read that they do not take the G325a into much consideration until the NVC process, and I know I filled out the I-130 perfectly. Second, since I have gotten married I currently am a student with no job, but recently have inquired to joined the armed forces and will most likely enlist soon, should I notify the USCIS? Next, since I just met her on my visit we had no previous history with virtually no evidence to provide with the I130. I included 3 pictures from our wedding day which wasn't much, a letter from the bank stating the link between my bank account to hers with only 3 transactions made, my flight itinerary for a 3 month visit in December, and seven pages of skype messenger showing we have communicated considerably. This brings me up to my next point, during my stay in the Philippines I wanted to be prepared for an RFE so I can send it as soon as possible if necessary. I was wondering what sort of evidence I should expect if it does come. Is it a problem if I get Affidavits of Bona fide marriage before I leave with a considerable date difference from the RFE if recieved? Finally, I have blemish on my record, I got into some trouble in with the law two years ago and received a misdemeanor will that create a problem for me? This site has provided with so much help and I hope to continue to look for advice. Thank you!

Congrats on your wedding! It's a big step with lots of new responsibilities!! :)

The error on the G325a might result in an RFE. Technically, her legal name would need to be stated, but this is easily fixed by you sending in another G-325a form. They might get you to fix it. They might not. I think they will. Wait for them to ask, though.

Being a student with no job, you'll need a family member to assist in the affidavit of support. Otherwise, you'll need to actually get a job before you can file the affidavit of support, and you'll need to earn at least the required minimum amount. A job offer is not good enough. A promise to get a job isn't good enough. Only an employment verification letter or pay stubs prove that you are working and can meet the minimum eligibility requirements. Else, if you had 3x the minimum income required in assets (stocks, real estate, etc) you could use that. Good news on this is that the requirements for those who enter the armed forces are less than those who are not in the armed forces. :thumbs:

Affidavits received are affidavits no matter when they were signed, but I would think that someone in law or someone else could answer your question as to whether they would expire with USCIS or not.

A misdemeanor probably won't be an issue, as long as she doesn't have anything on her record. If the US citizen has the misdemeanor and the foreign national does not, then I don't foresee any issues. Others could chime in on that.

Hopefully I was able to assist. If not, sorry. I can only answer to the best of my ability.

Edited by bsd058

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats on your wedding! It's a big step with lots of new responsibilities!! :)

The error on the G325a might result in an RFE. Technically, her legal name would need to be stated, but this is easily fixed by you sending in another G-325a form. They might get you to fix it. They might not. I think they will. Wait for them to ask, though.

Being a student with no job, you'll need a family member to assist in the affidavit of support. Otherwise, you'll need to actually get a job before you can file the affidavit of support, and you'll need to earn at least the required minimum amount. A job offer is not good enough. A promise to get a job isn't good enough. Only an employment verification letter or pay stubs prove that you are working and can meet the minimum eligibility requirements. Else, if you had 3x the minimum income required in assets (stocks, real estate, etc) you could use that. Good news on this is that the requirements for those who enter the armed forces are less than those who are not in the armed forces. :thumbs:

Affidavits received are affidavits no matter when they were signed, but I would think that someone in law or someone else could answer your question as to whether they would expire with USCIS or not.

A misdemeanor probably won't be an issue, as long as she doesn't have anything on her record. If the US citizen has the misdemeanor and the foreign national does not, then I don't foresee any issues. Others could chime in on that.

Hopefully I was able to assist. If not, sorry. I can only answer to the best of my ability.

Thanks for input? In my case do you think they would send an RFE? I know there is many other things that factor in but I felt I had a pretty decent packet although I am just worried they will be suspicious because of my age.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hello VJ members!ount

If you stated her name correctly on the I-130, don't worry about the name on the G325a. Your criminal record is not an issue. Make sure she is well prepared for the interview questions and has plenty of evidence of your ongoing relationship to carry to the interview with her.

The I-130 is not a spousal visa application. It's a petition for alien relative (in this case a spouse). When your petition is approved, your spouse will apply for a visa using a DS230. That is the "visa application". Now is the time to become an expert on the rest of the process.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.