Bokke

NOA 2

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Admittedly my nerves are shredded after waiting so long for approval, so bear with me:

I logged onto the USCIS website case status tracker on October 8th to discover notice saying that my Petition had been approved and that they had mailed a notice that it had been approved on October 5th. It is now October 21st and I have yet to receive notice. My attorney has yet to receive notice. I know that it supposedly can take up to 30 days to receive it, but how normal is it to take this long?

Maybe I'm taking the USCIS a bit literally when assuming that when they say they mailed it on October 5 they actually sent it then, but as I said, my nerves are frayed and I don't want something to go wrong so advanced in the process.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Admittedly my nerves are shredded after waiting so long for approval, so bear with me:

I logged onto the USCIS website case status tracker on October 8th to discover notice saying that my Petition had been approved and that they had mailed a notice that it had been approved on October 5th. It is now October 21st and I have yet to receive notice. My attorney has yet to receive notice. I know that it supposedly can take up to 30 days to receive it, but how normal is it to take this long?

Maybe I'm taking the USCIS a bit literally when assuming that when they say they mailed it on October 5 they actually sent it then, but as I said, my nerves are frayed and I don't want something to go wrong so advanced in the process.

Thanks!

I'm in Texas and got approval Oct 11, received hard copy 3 dàys later. Call Uscis and request a duplicate of your noa2.

K1
VSC NOA1 --- March 8, 2012
NOA2 --- October 11, 2012
Visa Approved --- December 17, 2012
POE --- December 22, 2012

AOS
AOS/EAD/AP NOA1 --- March 4, 2013
Biometrics --- April 3, 2013

EAD/AP received --- May 16, 2013

AOS Interview --- August 9, 2013

GC in production --- August 9, 2013

GC received --- August 17, 2013

N400

Approved May, 2018

Oath May, 2018

I130 - Nebraska SC

NOA1 - August 30, 2018

Case approved - August 28, 2019

NVC -

Interview -

I am the USC who brought my fiancé here on a K1,  who's now a USC and is now filing for his mother - whose case just got approved :)

Please bear in mind when reading this, I can only speak from personal experience. In my case, post USCIS changing my status on the website to "approved" it took just shy of 8 weeks to get physical confirmation of the approval in the post. I had however, as patience is not one of my virtues, heeded no ones advice and phoned the NVC within days (my timeline reflects how many I can't right this second recall) and supplied them my email address at which time I almost instantaneously received emailed instruction of my "Next" steps.

Hope this helps, or at least gives another alternative

Goodluck with your journey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.