Adrian_Trischa

DS2301

15 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

UGH! ***FACE SLAP!!!!!!!!!!*

I am such a ####. So whilst I was filing away my paperwork today, I noticed that the DS2301 form that I had sent off to the Sydney Consulate has two errors.

1. Question 10 - Address of permanent address has wrong apartment number

2. Question 33 - One of my previous employment does not have a termination date.

Anyone know how to rectify this?

Thanks everyone!

14 Jan 2011 - Fiance sent me a message on a dating website

14 Jan 2011 - I added him on Facebook

26 Jan 2011 - Had a 5 hour long conversation that changed my life!

05 Feb 2011 - We decided to be an exclusive relationship

29 Jun 2011 - We met for the first time. It was exactly as I knew it would be!

14 Jul 2011 - He had to leave to go back to USA

17 Jul 2011 - Booked flights for me to go to USA for 3 months on VWP

29 Nov 2011 - Arrived in USA

25 Dec 2011 - HE PROPOSED!

21 Feb 2012 - Left USA for Australia

K1 Visa Process

16 Apr 2012 - NOA1

08 Aug 2012 - RFE

11 Sep 2012 - CSC received RFE documentation

11 Sep 2012 - Did Police Clearance

18 Sep 2012 - NOA 2

26 Sep 2012 - NVC sent case to consulate

16 Oct 2012 - Packet 3 received

18 Oct 2012 - Sent DS-230 off to Sydney Consulate

01 Nov 2012 - Medical completed

07 Nov 2012 - Packet 3 Sent to Consulate

08 Nov 2012 - Packet 3 Delivered

15 Nov 2012 - Packet 4 Received

18 Dec 2012 - Interview APPROVED!

28 Dec 2012 - Entered USA POE:- LAX

09 Jan 2013 - Married

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

I am such a ####. So whilst I was filing away my paperwork today, I noticed that the DS2301 form that I had sent off to the Sydney Consulate has two errors.

2. Question 33 - One of my previous employment does not have a termination date.

Thanks everyone!

Always go over it a few times before sending it off, just like when you're filing for your taxes ;)

No biggie, after NVC receives it, give them a call and you could have them fix it over the phone, giving an update.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks everyone!

Try sending them an email that you noticed the error's on the form after you sent it off!!

Maybe they can shed some light on how you might be able to correct it.

Good Luck, Keep me Posted Girly!!

USCIS

03/31/2012: I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

04/03/2012: I-129F recieved and sent to VSC

04/06/2012: NOA1 text/email.

04/09/2012: Touched.

04/12/2012: NOA1 hardcopy.

09/06/2012: Service request placed- They advised I should hear something by 9/21

09/17/2012: Received letter from USCIS just to be told i'm within' normal processing time bleh.

10/03/2012: NOA2 text received - Best part is it's our 2nd year anniversary!! Great Gift! :)

Sydney Consulate

10/21/2012: Packet 3 Received

11/30/2012: Sent packet 3

12/27/2012: Received packet 4 Interview date :)

01/22/2013: Medical completed

02/05/2013: Interview date status: APPROVED 306 Days!!

02/22/2013: Visa in Hand

02/24/2013: POE- Dallas, TX- then connecting flight home!

Total Time it took to complete our K1 process- 10 months and 3 weeks!!! INSANE! (325 days)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Not a problem :) Fix it, take the correct one to your interview. Those issues are not something that will determine approval or denial.

When you get to the interview tell them you noticed a mistake on your DS-230 and here is the corrected one. Honestly, not a problem.

Timeline

Not a problem :) Fix it, take the correct one to your interview. Those issues are not something that will determine approval or denial.

When you get to the interview tell them you noticed a mistake on your DS-230 and here is the corrected one. Honestly, not a problem.

Thankyou!

K1 Visa Process

16 Apr 2012 - NOA1

08 Aug 2012 - RFE

18 Sep 2012 - NOA 2

09 Jan 2013 - Married

Timeline

I just got my packet 4, it seems that for my list of residencies since age of 16, I typed 1998 instead of 1988 on my DS230, they have asked me to supply info from 1991 - 1998 at time of interview. So no big deal..

I swear I triple checked. :oops:

Edited by SweetDelish

N400

08 Mar 20: N400 filed online

14 Mar 20: Biometrics scheduled for 31 March - cancelled due to Covid19 shutdown.  

16 Dec 20: Biometrics

12 Feb 21: Interview (approved)

24 Feb 21: Oath Ceremony

ROC

31 Jul 15: ROC (I-751) sent

19 Jan 16: Greencard received

AOS

26 Feb 13: AOS (I-485, I-131, I-765) sent

06 Mar 13: NOA1's received

03 Apr 13: Biometrics completed

12 Sept 13: Interview - Memphis, approved!

Sept 13: Greencard received.

California Service Centre

17 May 12: I-129f sent

23 May 12: NOA1

20 Aug 12: NOA2 (89 days)

20 Nov 12: Interview in Sydney

29 Nov 12: Visa Issued

05 Dec 12: POE Honolulu

20 Dec 12: Wedding day

I just got my packet 4, it seems that for my list of residencies since age of 16, I typed 1998 instead of 1988 on my DS230, they have asked me to supply info from 1991 - 1998 at time of interview. So no big deal..

I swear I triple checked. :oops:

I have a quick question too, if no one minds. The information on the DS 230 that I sent off some weeks ago has now changed. The address that I put for where I intend to live in the USA has changed, as my partner is, as I type, moving back down to Montana from Alaska. Once he arrives next week, he will call the USCIS or lodge a change of address form online. Should I wait until the interview to notify the Embassy of the change or send them an email now to explain?

Thanks

Timeline

I have a quick question too, if no one minds. The information on the DS 230 that I sent off some weeks ago has now changed. The address that I put for where I intend to live in the USA has changed, as my partner is, as I type, moving back down to Montana from Alaska. Once he arrives next week, he will call the USCIS or lodge a change of address form online. Should I wait until the interview to notify the Embassy of the change or send them an email now to explain?

Thanks

Hey,so I emailed Sydney in a panic and they were pretty ok with it. They just said to bring the amended form to the interview. No biggie. If you're uncomfortable with that, email the consulate directly. They are really good at getting back to you. sydneyiv@state.gov

K1 Visa Process

16 Apr 2012 - NOA1

08 Aug 2012 - RFE

18 Sep 2012 - NOA 2

09 Jan 2013 - Married

Hey,so I emailed Sydney in a panic and they were pretty ok with it. They just said to bring the amended form to the interview. No biggie. If you're uncomfortable with that, email the consulate directly. They are really good at getting back to you. sydneyiv@state.gov

I think I will send an amended page 1 of the DS-230. Gosh I've moved so many times since I was 16, it took me forever plus an attached sheet to list them all, I don't want to fill in all the pages again, I'm sure I would stuff it up and cause more problems for myself :wacko: It is on page 1 of the forms that it asks for address in US where you intend to live. I will update that page and send it in with my PKT 3 when I have the rest of the docs form my partner.

Thanks for your help

Timeline

I think I will send an amended page 1 of the DS-230. Gosh I've moved so many times since I was 16, it took me forever plus an attached sheet to list them all, I don't want to fill in all the pages again, I'm sure I would stuff it up and cause more problems for myself :wacko: It is on page 1 of the forms that it asks for address in US where you intend to live. I will update that page and send it in with my PKT 3 when I have the rest of the docs form my partner.

Thanks for your help

I wouldn't send it with P3 personally. This could confuse them because it's only one page (what do you mean "Fill it in again"? Don't you have a copy of everything you submitted?). i would take it to interview and explain there.

I wouldn't send it with P3 personally. This could confuse them because it's only one page (what do you mean "Fill it in again"? Don't you have a copy of everything you submitted?). i would take it to interview and explain there.

I have copies of everything we submitted for the I-129F, but stupidly!!! I forgot to make copies of the DS-230 Part 1 that I sent in. I think you are right, it would probably confuse them. I will take a new form in with me to the interview. Do you think I will need to fill in all the pages again, or just page 1, which is the only page that needs to be changed? Perhaps I should email them and ask what is the best thing to do?

Timeline

I have copies of everything we submitted for the I-129F, but stupidly!!! I forgot to make copies of the DS-230 Part 1 that I sent in. I think you are right, it would probably confuse them. I will take a new form in with me to the interview. Do you think I will need to fill in all the pages again, or just page 1, which is the only page that needs to be changed? Perhaps I should email them and ask what is the best thing to do?

Page 1 is fine. Honestly that form isn't a big issue. It won't result in a denial or anything like that. Just take the corrected page... or if it makes you feel better re-type the whole form. Either way should be fine (and if it's not there's a computer there where you can fill in the form).

Page 1 is fine. Honestly that form isn't a big issue. It won't result in a denial or anything like that. Just take the corrected page... or if it makes you feel better re-type the whole form. Either way should be fine (and if it's not there's a computer there where you can fill in the form).

Thanks for your help! Gosh it took me forever to go back and think of all the dates and places since I was 16, that's 21 years.... Uugh, makes me feel old.

Just have another question, if you don't mind. Do you have to fill in Part 2 (not the last bit below the line) and take it with you, or do they give you those to fill in there?

Thanks again!

Timeline

Thanks for your help! Gosh it took me forever to go back and think of all the dates and places since I was 16, that's 21 years.... Uugh, makes me feel old.

Just have another question, if you don't mind. Do you have to fill in Part 2 (not the last bit below the line) and take it with you, or do they give you those to fill in there?

Thanks again!

Part II of the DS-230? It's not required for a K1 visa, just for spousal visas :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.