akim10

help me how can i get my lil sister here with me in US

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I came here with a Fiance visa .. and i left my younger sister in the Philippines she is 13 years old now, and i took care of her ever since my mom start working abroad and she was 5years old at that time.. now my aunties are taking care of her and i want her to be with me soooo bad.. how can i bring her here?? should i adopt her?? i am only 23 years old but my husband is 34.. is there a chance to expedite the process if i tell them that i am her guardian , and i raised her..??

pls i hope any opinion will be appreciated..thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

I came here with a Fiance visa .. and i left my younger sister in the Philippines she is 13 years old now, and i took care of her ever since my mom start working abroad and she was 5years old at that time.. now my aunties are taking care of her and i want her to be with me soooo bad.. how can i bring her here?? should i adopt her?? i am only 23 years old but my husband is 34.. is there a chance to expedite the process if i tell them that i am her guardian , and i raised her..??

pls i hope any opinion will be appreciated..thanks!

I think the process is quicker for children rather then siblings, so by adopting her, you become their parent and I think you have a better chance of having her over quicker. I think visa for siblings take years. What is your staus, i.e. when did you arrive on a fiance visa?

Adoptions do not work for children who are not orphans. Since her parents are alive, the adoption won't be valid for immigration purposes. THis is something you should have looked into before you moved here, imo.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Adoptions do not work for children who are not orphans. Since her parents are alive, the adoption won't be valid for immigration purposes. THis is something you should have looked into before you moved here, imo.

If it worked, tons of people would be adopting siblings to get them in the USA. Fastest way to get her sister here, is to become a citizen, bring her mother over, who could then bring her sister over. The wait for bringing a sibling is very long from the Philippines.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

** Moving from K1 fiance visa to Bringing Family forum ***

No way to speed up the very slow sibling petition, unless you petition your mom and she then petitions your sister.

If your finances are good, you could look into a F1 student visa for her, these are available for schools too. It's not a permanent solution but it would get her here for a few years at least. She would need to pay fees, even in a state school, so this is not cheap.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline

Once you have become a US citizen, so presumably in 2015 or '16, you can file an I-130 petition for your sister. The waiting time is close to 24 years for the F4 family preference category and the Philippines, so your sister will have to stay put 'til about 2039 or 2040.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Timeline

thank you all for the reply.. I arrived here in the US last August 30 this year.. I am worried tht my relatives cant take care of her like i do.. and my mom is abroad and we dont have dad.. we have diff father which we never met.. i just wnt her to see what i see here..and experience what i am experiencing right now.. i want to enjoy the things i am enjoying.. she is not just my sister but i treat her like my own child. thanks guys... at least i have an idea on how to take care of this matter..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

thank you all for the reply.. I arrived here in the US last August 30 this year.. I am worried tht my relatives cant take care of her like i do.. and my mom is abroad and we dont have dad.. we have diff father which we never met.. i just wnt her to see what i see here..and experience what i am experiencing right now.. i want to enjoy the things i am enjoying.. she is not just my sister but i treat her like my own child. thanks guys... at least i have an idea on how to take care of this matter..

It must be so wonderful to have you as a sister. I hope everything turns out well for you both.

K-1 Visa Journey

December 8, 2009 - Met in Monterrey, Mexico
December 28, 2010 - Officially started dating!
July 2,2011 - He proposed in Downtown Monterrey, Mexico, I accepted
September 16, 2011 - Mailed I-129F Application
September 19, 2011 - I-129F arrived at Dallas Lockbox
September 22, 2011 - NOA1
September 24, 2011 - Check cashed!
September 26, 2011 - NOA1 hard copy arrived in the mail
January 3, 2012 - NOA2 email and text message!
January 6, 2012 - NOA2 Hardcopy arrived in the mail.
February 16, 2012 - Packet 3 (invitation letter) arrives in the mail.
March 12, 2012 - ASC Appointment
March 15, 2012 - Interview at Consulate in CDJ.
March 15, 2012 - Approved!
April 18, 2012 - POE - Houston, Texas
June 9, 2012 - Married!

Adjustment of Status Journey
July 26, 2012 - Mailed AOS Application
August 1, 2012 - NOA1
August 2, 2012 - Received Biometrics Letter
August 16, 2012 - Received Hard Copy of NOA1
August 23, 2012 - Biometrics
September 25, 2012 - Approved I131
September 25, 2012 - EAD/AP Combo Card sent to production
October 3, 2012 - EAD/AP Combo Card Arrived

April 29, 2013 - AOS Approved Without Interview!

May 6, 2013 - Card arrived in the mail

ROC Journey

event.png

Timeline

It must be so wonderful to have you as a sister. I hope everything turns out well for you both.

thank you so much... God is just sooooooo good.. i know he will have a plan for me and my sister..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.