^_^

Gallup's national poll has Romney leading 50-46 but the margin is all in the south...

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
PRINCETON, NJ -- Half of likely voters now prefer Mitt Romney for president and 46% back President Barack Obama in Gallup interviewing through Monday.

But here's the regional breakdown.

East: Obama 52, Romney 48

Midwest: Obama 52, Romney 48

South: Obama 39, Romney 61

West: Obama 53, Romney 47

Can Romney really win if he's losing every region other than the south?

Source: http://www.gallup.com/poll/158048/romney-obama-among-likely-voters.aspx

[quote name=^_^' timestamp='1350572701' post='5764194]

Show me the electoral math or link to someone who has. I am yet to see a realistic path to 270 for Romney without OH, WI and NV.

Swing State Tracking: Romney 49%, Obama 48%

Thirty-six percent (36%) of swing state voters believe the nation is generally heading in the right direction. Fifty-nine percent (59%) believe it has gotten off on the wrong track.

The Key Three States are Virginia, Ohio and Florida. With 60 Electoral College votes, these three states are currently Toss-Ups. It is virtually impossible for Romney to win the White House without winning at least two of these three states. If he wins all three, he is likely to win the election. The president can keep his job if he wins two of these three states.

The Key Three States are Virginia, Ohio and Florida. With 60 Electoral College votes, these three states are currently Toss-Ups. It is virtually impossible for Romney to win the White House without winning at least two of these three states. If he wins all three, he is likely to win the election.

So you're saying it is not virtually impossible for him to win since he is leading in Virginia and Florida...

Use the tool I showed you, do the math. It's not that hard. Yes, he can win with FL/VA and not OH but the path is narrow and difficult. He has to flip Nevada and Wisconsin.

[quote name=^_^' timestamp='1350572974' post='5764209]

He can win with FL and VA even if he loses OH... if he also wins Wisconsin and either Nevada or New Hampshire...

And there is no way in hell he is winning Nevada.

That was where Frank Luntz had his focus group on Tuesday. Even among independents leaning Obama, Romney won big.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd4B31fYdLU

Edited by The Patriot

[quote name=^_^' timestamp='1350573327' post='5764232]

So you're saying it is not virtually impossible for him to win since he is leading in Virginia and Florida...

Use the tool I showed you, do the math. It's not that hard. Yes, he can win with FL/VA and not OH but the path is narrow and difficult. He has to flip Nevada and Wisconsin.

I agree with you. It still takes 270 electors to win.

That was where Frank Luntz had his focus group on Tuesday. Even among independents leaning Obama, Romney won big.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd4B31fYdLU

RCP Nevada polls. You have to go back to April to find a poll with Rmoney in the lead.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/nv/nevada_romney_vs_obama-1908.html#polls

I agree with you. It still takes 270 electors to win.

Right, electors.. not votes.

It would be sweet if Obama lost the popular vote because southerners destroy him by huge margins but he wins the EC vote anyway... I'd love to see that happen.

[quote name=^_^' timestamp='1350573750' post='5764245]

RCP Nevada polls. You have to go back to April to find a poll with Rmoney in the lead.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/nv/nevada_romney_vs_obama-1908.html#polls

Right, electors.. not votes.

It would be sweet if Obama lost the popular vote because southerners destroy him by huge margins but he wins the EC vote anyway... I'd love to see that happen.

Come election day, it depends how many Democratic voters from California they can bus into Las Vegas.