danielmalvarado

October Aussie Interviewees

38 posts in this topic

I know it's a bit early in the morning but....Any updates?

We're tracking every 15 minutes blink.gif

Our bags have been packed for 2 weeks and we're so ready to move out of my in-laws' house and get to our vacant home in Las Vegas!

We're in regional NSW so our local Post Office doesn't get the mail till 11am and doesn't sort it until after lunch, about 2pm

Could also be tomorrow I suppose.

unsure.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

We're tracking every 15 minutes blink.gif

Our bags have been packed for 2 weeks and we're so ready to move out of my in-laws' house and get to our vacant home in Las Vegas!

We're in regional NSW so our local Post Office doesn't get the mail till 11am and doesn't sort it until after lunch, about 2pm

Could also be tomorrow I suppose.

unsure.gif

Awwwww Las Vegas...one of my favorite places in the US!! and believe it or not I even don't like gambling :)

I'm going to Seattle - my Hubby has a job there(he is already there).

I know how you feel about the "bags have been packed" - I have to leave my house on Friday since we rented it out...plan was to fly on Saturday the 20th but the way things are going it probably won't happen. Will have to change my plane ticket for the week after(and stay with my brother for a few days)

Nothing today - souls crushed :(

Now it's looking like 80-90% chance we'll be here another week

Shirezu mentioned getting an email saying the visa has been sent - I have never heard of that before - does everyone get one of those? Or was that an email reply from them?

Going to e-mail the consulate to see if it's even been sent

Days since interview so far: 13

Timeline

Shirezu mentioned getting an email saying the visa has been sent - I have never heard of that before - does everyone get one of those? Or was that an email reply from them?

Arghhhhhhh :blink: this is so annoying, I feel your pain.

Maybe tomorrow, cross my fingers for you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

No it wasn't a reply. It was sent 2 days after my interview. Here's what it said.

Dear Visa applicant,

We are pleased to advise that your visa has been issued today.

If you provided our office with an envelope for delivery, you may trace the delivery process of your visa package through the Australia Post website at http://auspost.com.au/track/ using the tracking number of your envelope.

If you have created a profile through ustraveldocs.com for delivery, your issued visa will be delivered to the address you nominated when creating the profile You may also trace the delivery process through this site http://www.ustraveldocs.com/au/index.html.

Upon receipt of your passport which will contain your immigrant or K visa, please ensure that all information printed on the visa foil is correct. Use the diagram at http://canberra.usembassy.gov/read_your_visa.html as a guide. If any of the information on your visa does not match the information in your passport or is incorrect, please reply to this email immediately advising us of the error(s). The sealed yellow envelope contains your documentation, DO NOT OPEN this envelope. Please ensure that you travel with this envelope in your carry-on luggage as this must be presented with your passport on arrival to the U.S.

You should never pay for travel arrangements (e.g., airfare, hotels) without having a visa in your possession. The U.S. Consulate General accepts no responsibility if you do so. You risk significant financial losses if you ignore this advice.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: You are encouraged to read further, information relevant to your case type regarding your entry into the United States. Please click on the appropriate U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Service (USCIS) link below to retrieve the information. Once you are in the U.S. you are responsible for maintaining the correct immigration status with USCIS. You may refer to their website at http://www.uscis.gov/ or contact USCIS’s National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283.

Permanent & Conditional Residents:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/M-618.pdf

Child Citizenship Act – (for children under 18 years):

Biological or adopted children who regularly reside outside of the United States may qualify for naturalization under section 322 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), as amended by the Child Citizenship Act (CCA).

K1 Fiancée visa applicants, including children issued with K2 visas:

(Begin reading from subheading: After the Fiancé(e) Visa is Issued)

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=640a3e4d77d73210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=640a3e4d77d73210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

To adjust your status to permanent residency from K1/K2 visa status, please refer to the USCIS website at:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

K3 and K4 visa applicants:

(Begin reading from subheading: Benefits and Limitations of K-3/K-4 Nonimmigrant Visa)

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=254a3e4d77d73210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=254a3e4d77d73210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Good luck and safe travels!

Kind regards,

Sydney IV

U.S. Consulate General, Sydney

(AT)

I'm still waiting for it to arrive though. Still be another day or two. The Australia Post tracking system is useless.

I-129F Sent: Sometime in February 2012

I-129F NOA1: 13th February 2012

I-129F NOA2: 6th June 2012

P3 Received: 26th June 2012

P3 Sent: 16th August 2012 (delayed by police check)

P4 Received: 23rd August 2012

Visa Interview Date: 9th October 2012 - Approved!

Visa Received: 17th October 2012

POE: 29th October 2012 - DFW - In country!

SSN: 3rd December 2012

AOS filed: 6th December 2012

Bio Appointment: 7th January 2013

Timeline

Checking in with everyone

Any updates?

Our post hasn't been sorted yet for the day

Days Since Interview: 14

Nope, nothing nada...

They don't even reply to my e-mails anymore - and I did put in the subject 221(g)......

This is soooooo annoying! :angry:

Timeline

Just checked the mail - NOTHING

Another week, really?

Stupid Brisbane doctor ruined everything :(

Shirezu, anything?

That really sucks. I believe mine arrived today. Got a card to go to the post office tomorrow. I read the email I got again and it only refers to K visas so maybe the process is different to yours.

Timeline

Got the same email as Shirezu today! kicking.gif

I hope that means it was shipped today and should arrive Thursday or Friday?

huh.gif

Good to hear :) Time depends on where you are. Mine was 3 business days to North QLD with Express Platinum.

Timeline

Got the same email as Shirezu today! kicking.gif

I hope that means it was shipped today and should arrive Thursday or Friday?

huh.gif

YAY!!!!

That is great news!hope I'll get mine soon too :thumbs:

sent another email to the embassy today since they didn't reply at all yesterday...

Timeline

I have my visa :) It arrived yesterday and I picked it up this morning. The immigration envelope is covered in do not open stamps. Now just have to leave.

I have my visa :) It arrived yesterday and I picked it up this morning. The immigration envelope is covered in do not open stamps. Now just have to leave.

Congratulations - safe journeys and thanks for sharing helpful information with us in this thread!

star_smile.gifgood.gifkicking.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.