Kimbear

ROC Evidence -

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So i'm about to pull out my hair or clobber someone at David's work. Say all you want about how helpful the Salvation Army is around the world, but when it comes to helping its own employees they absolutely suck.

David has been trying for months ( and its not the first time) to get proof of his health insurance policies, pension, and life insurance policies. They are done through Metlife, Prudential ( used to be ING) and AETNA through a third party Chesterfield for Health.

Trying to get some sort of declaration page with the policy number, who is insured, who the beneficiary is etc, seems to be bloody impossible. Not to mention it took 3 months of harassment with HR just to get his damn address updated on his pay stubs. I mean seriously?? WTFZ.

So now.. i have no evidence, other than an old lease from a year ago and our joint bank accounts, and tax returns, and car insurance. Not a damn thing else. Are we screwed? :(

HWDWm6.png

we've got the same evidence as you, but because we don't have joint insurance except for car and renters. i can't afford to put orfee on my insurance and he works two part time jobs, he isn't eligible for health benefits. i would think that there are plenty of people who are in the same boat as us..

hoping anyway..

Timeline

I don't think you're screwed.

We used our health insurance cards, I know they don't have both our names on it but it showed similar #'s then we added the explanation of benefits pages we got in the mail after any doctor visits.

Your insurance company should have (i hope anyways) an online access to your health visit. The explanation of benefits should be online for you to print out. Also your doctor, if you two put each other as the contact person and listed as spouse. You might be able to get that from them easier then the HR from work.

Also vet bills some had my name some had my husbands name for the same dog. Mail even junk mail that had our names on it one or both names. Joint CC bills, I was added.

How about the realtor, I sure you have emails or something from them with your name and his on it. Even if just your name, I guessing your not on the mortgage/tittle. If you have something from the realtor with your name it shows a connection to the house also. Oh both or your drivers license shows same address.

Can't think of anything else atm I know there was more.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

any utility bills? phone bills? bought anything? drivers licenses? medical bills?

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

just to give you an idea this is what we included in our package ....

copy of rental agreement

copy of car insurance

copy of one recent joint tax form

copy of 401K

copy of health care statement

copy of one recent gas bill

copy of one recent phone bill

copy of one recent cable bill

copy of recent bank statements

copy of paper showing that hubby added me to his bank account

Copy of some bills (Sirius, Netflix etc) with just hubby's name and our address on it

Copy of some bills with just my name on it and our address (recent electric bill etc..)

Some envelopes with both our names and address on them...

I just sent in the most recent bill for each utility.... The phone and gas were in my name but I added hubby's name, the electric company didn't let me add my hubby's name...... and I just included the most recent bank statement.... and the application that we filled out to add me to hubby's account...

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

i have alot of that stuff but looking at RFE's ppl got, where its asking for complete policies showing financial co mingling. the utility bills are not in both names and they wont put both names. we are not authorized users on any credit cards of each others. the lease etc i have is from last year. i have no joint info for the current year other than bank statements, and the car insurance. he has life insurance, a pension etc, but god forbid his work or the actual companies help him out and give a simple declaration page. i'm starting to wonder if his work actually has these things for him since we have no proof of where the payments go!!

i guess i'll look through our house buying papers and see if there are any letters / faxes addressed to both of us. i just can't believe he doesn't have a copy of anything and his work refuses to give him anything. all he gets is the excuse its a "group policy". funny cuz we pay close to 600/month just for health benefits..and as for his pension i love the supposed timing of "oh we just switched companies, you wont have access for another month".....and the life insurance policy he pays into every paycheck..hmm...nothing. sorry can't give him any updated info on that!

i hate immigration paperwork..it always brings out the worst in me crying.gif

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Have you received any health benefit statements from the health insurance provider showing you how a claim was paid and what your share vs their share was? That would include the name of the patient as well as the insurance company. If you have statements for each of you from the same insurer, that would accomplish it. Do you pay any household bills out of your accounts and does he pay any out of his accounts? Have you written checks and he has written checks in the same check book? Print out the relevant statements and highlight the line items: eg - garage repair, sanitation service, furnace inspection, magazine subscriptions to either of you at the same address (copy cover page of each), mortgage, insurance, etc.. Do you pay the mortgage out of your joint bank account? Highlight that item in the print-out. Have you taken trips together or have family photos with each other's family at special events like holidays or weddings, etc? Have you listed him as a beneficiary for any of your Canadian pensions or CPP? Do you have a joint membership in something like Costco or video rentals, etc.?

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

ok i went through all the house buying paperwork, and found a few things that are addressed to both of us or required my signature as spouse waiving homestead rights.

copy of check to Realtor for the escrow deposit

copy of the check to title company for closing

copy of the truth in lending letter with both our names and signatures and notary seal etc.

welcome letter from us bank home mortgage, and letter from our loan officer stating what documents we need to sign.

letter from our lawyer stating when and where our closing is addressed to both of us

copy of the 2nd mortgage rider with both our names and initials on it also notarized at closing

affidavit of buyer for our first time home buyer program with illinois hud, signed initialed and also notarized at closing

copy of our mortgage statement, copy of check showing both names and same account number paying it

copy of furnace cleaning bill and check from our joint account

copy of mold cleaning in attic bill and check from our joint account

copy of attic fan install bill and check from our joint account.

(i'm the one who takes care of all the bills so the checks have both names printed on them but only my signature)

copy of page 1 of our home inspection report addressed to both of us with a copy of the check

copy of us bank authorization adding my name to the account for disclosures for life of loan.

Now since a house is a huge affair, will this make up for lacking pension statements and life insurance certificates?

Edited by Kimbear

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Found a couple of bills regarding our Dr. appointment back in May, one is for the copay's that we paid in advance showing, same Dr., same insurance company and plan no. the other is the bill for the blood tests, the portion the insurance did not pay. it has patient name and responsible party name being David since its his plan and references our insurance provider on it. I also enclosed a copy of our bank statements highlighting the payments made from our joint account. David finally managed to speak to someone over at the providers office to get a certificate of coverage. So i think we are ok on that part.

We also have our joint tax returns, for the two years we've been married, and i printed out a couple of the utility bills, and associated bank statements showing that even though the bills are either in my name or David's that they were paid from the same bank account. Hoping between that stuff and all the house stuff (even if my name is not on the deed/title) that we have enough co mingling of assets.

Just to be safe, since they keep sending mail to wrong address from 2 years ago, i've enclosed copies of my online AR-11, and Davids I-865 changed of address confirmations, proving we DID in fact notify them both times of our new change of addy, i also have the USPS confirmation they send you, online, and the one that gets mailed to the new address.

Can i relax now?

HWDWm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I was insured through my husbands work, I contacted the carriers directly and they faxed me the information. Have you tried that?

Timeline

I was insured through my husbands work, I contacted the carriers directly and they faxed me the information. Have you tried that?

Yes we have. Met life outright refused to send him anything, i even contacted a personal friend who works for them. The third party handling the companies health plan is sending him a certificate of coverage, but says due to the "group policy" they cannot send him anything else regarding the health plan or life insurance. We are still waiting on Prudential to get back to him, it used to be ING who were very easy to deal with but now he is going through the rounds again with regards to his pension. Hes been at The Salvation Army for almost 6 years now, and has no recent statements whatsoever. i have to keep in mind this is the same place that wont pay for unemployment insurance so if my husband gets canned we are screwed. :(

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Found a couple of bills regarding our Dr. appointment back in May, one is for the copay's that we paid in advance showing, same Dr., same insurance company and plan no. the other is the bill for the blood tests, the portion the insurance did not pay. it has patient name and responsible party name being David since its his plan and references our insurance provider on it. I also enclosed a copy of our bank statements highlighting the payments made from our joint account. David finally managed to speak to someone over at the providers office to get a certificate of coverage. So i think we are ok on that part.

We also have our joint tax returns, for the two years we've been married, and i printed out a couple of the utility bills, and associated bank statements showing that even though the bills are either in my name or David's that they were paid from the same bank account. Hoping between that stuff and all the house stuff (even if my name is not on the deed/title) that we have enough co mingling of assets.

Just to be safe, since they keep sending mail to wrong address from 2 years ago, i've enclosed copies of my online AR-11, and Davids I-865 changed of address confirmations, proving we DID in fact notify them both times of our new change of addy, i also have the USPS confirmation they send you, online, and the one that gets mailed to the new address.

Can i relax now?

You can relax now :yes: . You've got a good amount of evidence that shows the two of you are indeed co-mingling and sharing your assets and liabilities. Go for it! :D (my name wasn't on our house deed either as Joe had bought it before our marriage and we hadn't changed the deed. It wasn't a problem).

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Here's a copy of the cover letter i wrote:

Contentsinclude the following document's constituting a petition for theRemoval of Conditions on the residence of Kimberley:

Completed Form I-751 JOINT Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.

• Supplemental information page regarding I-751 Page 2, Part 3, Question 9, regarding all address's that Kimberley has lived at since becoming a Permanent Resident with dates.
  • Check for $590 payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
  • Photocopy of Permanent Resident Card, front and back, for Kimberley

Enclosed also please find the following documents to verify the status of ourmarriage and ongoing relationship:

Copies of electronic AR-11 confirmations showing all changes of address for Kimberley since our marriage.

• Copies of I-865 receipt notices confirming changes of address for myself, David since our marriage.
  • Copies of USPS change of address confirmations since our marriage.
  • Copy of Drivers Licenses showing same address.
  • Copy of David's voter registration card, showing same address.
  • Copy of tax transcripts of our 2010 and 2011 joint US tax returns.
  • Copy of the tax statement for 2011, for our joint checking account at Bank Of America.
  • Copies of partial bank statements from Bank of America for joint checking account and savings account showing same address.
  • Copy of our lease from 07/01/2010 – 06/30/2011 showing joint tenancy.
  • Copies of utility bills, showing both Kimberley and David's names and same address.
  • Copies of US Bank Pre-approval letter addressed to both Kimberley and David for our FHA mortgage loan.
  • Copy of US Bank letter asking us to sign all loan documents and disclosures from our loan officer addressed to both David and Kimberley.
  • Copy of letter from our Real Estate Lawyer, detailing our closing on our house purchase, addressed to both Kimberley and David .
    • Copies of various signed and notarized documents from our house purchase closing, with both David and Kimberley names and address.
    • US Bank disclosure authorizing access for my wife Kimberley for the life of mortgage loan.
    • Copies of checks from our joint bank account, signed by my wife Kimberley for house maintenance repairs, as well as the Escrow deposit and Closing cost checks for the purchase of our home.
    • Copy of first page of our Home Inspection Report addressed to both Kimberley and David with a copy of the check drawn on our joint checking account.
    • Copy of US Bank mortgage statement and payment details from our Joint Checking account.
    • Copies of Enrollment forms from my Employer recognizing my wife, Kimberley, as the beneficiary for my life insurance and pension.
    • Copy of our health insurance cards showing a joint policy.
    • Copy of profile and certificate from our Health insurance provider with details of our joint health plan, and Life insurance plan, with Kimberley listed as beneficiary.
    • Copy of medical bills, showing same health care provider and plan, with proof of payment from joint checking account.
    • Copy of car insurance card, in both names showing same address from Allstate and Geico.
    • Copy of our home insurance policy in both names showing same address. Letter from our Allstate agent attesting to the fact the home policy covers both of us.
    • Copy of the Travellers insurance policy for our apartment in both our names with same address.
    • Copies of partial credit cards statements showing same address and payment from joint checking account.
    • Copy of our utility bills for our house, in either Kimberley's name or David's name showing same address, with payment from our joint checking account.
    • Copies of refund checks from Geico and US Bank Mortgage Escrow, showing deposit into our Joint checking account.
    • Copies of pay stubs for David , showing direct deposit into our joint checking account.

Youmay feel free to inquire at any of the sources of encloseddocumentation for validity of their statements, and you are alwayswelcome to visit our home should you ever desire to do so. Pleaseadvise me if you have any further questions or problems related tothis petition.

Edited by Kimbear

HWDWm6.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You have a TON more stuff then what I sen in with my 751. I went with quality over quantity, and coming from a non-fraud country, I wasn't too worried-- Best of luck

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.