^_^

Californian janitor publicly disses his boss because he knows California will take care of losers like him!

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

The labor union AFSCME is out with a new video featuring Richard Hayes, the man who picks up Mitt Romney's trash at his ocean-front mansion in La Jolla, Calif.

My name is Richard Hayes, and I pick up Mitt Romney's trash. We're kind of like the invisible people. He doesn't realize that the service we provide -- if it wasn't for us, it would be a big health issue, us not picking up trash.

Residents do come out and shake our hands. Sometimes they give us hugs and thank us for the job we're doing, hand us water and Gatorades. Tell us we're doing a good job and keep up the good work. Picking up 15, 16 tons by hand, that takes a toll on your body. When I'm 55, 60 years old, I know my body's gonna be break down [sic]. Mitt Romney doesn't care about that.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/01/mitt-romneys-garbage-man-47-percent_n_1928813.html

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

What Mitt would tell Mr. Hayes is that if he wants a better lot in life, he needs to find a different line of work. See, we don't actually have a classless society. We place a higher value on those who jobs create capital. If you're a janitor, a teacher, or garbage man, you aren't tapping into the entrepreneurial spirit of America. A spirit that sees and seizes upon a profit potential in everything, because without capital, what is left to live for?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Residents do come out and shake our hands. Sometimes they give us hugs and thank us for the job we're doing, hand us water and Gatorades. Tell us we're doing a good job and keep up the good work.
Picking up 15, 16 tons by hand, that takes a toll on your body.
When I'm 55, 60 years old, I know my body's gonna be break down [sic]. Mitt Romney doesn't care about that.

I live in the middle of nowhere and even here we have automated robots on the trucks that pick up the garbage - I've never seen the garbage man get out of the truck... Have they really not implemented that in California?

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

I live in the middle of nowhere and even here we have automated robots on the trucks that pick up the garbage - I've never seen the garbage man get out of the truck... Have they really not implemented that in California?

They get out of the truck here and lift the garbage into the truck by hand. I've seen the trucks that pick the garbage up all on their own, where the only human is the driver. That's standard back in Germany but I've never seen this in any place I've lived in the US.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

maybe you don't have unions there?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hey, why so many threads about California today? Did someone get stuck on the 405 this weekend and miss their flight home??

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

It's a union thing -- more jobs, more money, less gets done.

I live in California, and it is all automated where I live. One man who doesn't speak English sits in the truck. It reads the bar code, and only charges you for the container and size it picks up.

ETA: Janitors don't drive garbage trucks. Janitors empty trash cans, scrub toilets, and mop floors.

Edited by The Patriot

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Ah! Yeah the Union thing makes sense, we are a "right to work" state. I was thinking it also may have something to do with letting all the previously purchased trucks run until they had fully depreciated and the new lifts were cheaper. I do miss the "good old" days a few years ago where I could throw out sofas and BBQs and the like..

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Now it all makes perfect sense no0pb.gif

Hey, why so many threads about California today? Did someone get stuck on the 405 this weekend and miss their flight home??

They just be hating cause they know the west coast is the best host rofl.gif