dstrausser83

DS-156 Form

15 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hello! On the DS-156 it asks for the National Identification Number (Question 14). We live in Mexico, she has a FM3, which has a CURP on it... but she is Peruvian.

Which National ID # are they looking for. Mexican, where is a resident and currently resides? Or Peru, where she is a citizen?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hello! On the DS-156 it asks for the National Identification Number (Question 14). We live in Mexico, she has a FM3, which has a CURP on it... but she is Peruvian.

Which National ID # are they looking for. Mexican, where is a resident and currently resides? Or Peru, where she is a citizen?

The one from Peru.

Timeline

Also, where it says box 22. It is asking for her EX-HUSBAND? Not my information? It says "even if divorced".

The one from Peru.

Thank you.

Timeline

Also, where it says box 22. It is asking for her EX-HUSBAND? Not my information? It says "even if divorced".

Thank you.

You are not her husband YET

Please refer to the following sample http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-DS-156.pdf

Timeline

You are not her husband YET

Please refer to the following sample http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-DS-156.pdf

Awesome. I can't believe I missed that.

Timeline

On #36, it says has anybody ever filled an immigration visa petition on your behalf. The example say no.

Wouldn't I put yes because I filled one out on her behalf, that's why she is going to the interview.

Timeline

You can put NO, just like on the sample or you can put YES and your info... because you have filed a petition for her.

Either way is accepted.

On #36, it says has anybody ever filled an immigration visa petition on your behalf. The example say no.

Wouldn't I put yes because I filled one out on her behalf, that's why she is going to the interview.

I put no. Partly because the sample form says to, and partly because I assumed the question meant PRIOR to this petition. But like Celeste said, you have two options there. Either are fine.

Timeline

Ok, with that then, I have completed it. I put yes and marked my name.

Also, we decided to go with the Mexican CURP number, seeing that that's what we feel they would be interested in since she is currently living in Mexico and going to see the American Consulate General in Mexico. It made more sense.

Thank you all :)

Timeline

Ok, with that then, I have completed it. I put yes and marked my name.

Also, we decided to go with the Mexican CURP number, seeing that that's what we feel they would be interested in since she is currently living in Mexico and going to see the American Consulate General in Mexico. It made more sense.

Thank you all :)

That is not the correct number. Her DNI # from Peru is the one that goes in that field.

Timeline

Scratch that, we are using Peru. When she leaves Mexico, she'll be giving up her Residency in Mexico. So it will just be better to use the Peruvian, because she won't ever lose that.

Why do you say DNI Celeste?

Timeline

Scratch that, we are using Peru. When she leaves Mexico, she'll be giving up her Residency in Mexico. So it will just be better to use the Peruvian, because she won't ever lose that.

Why do you say DNI Celeste?

DNI = Documento Nacional de Identidad = National ID Number yes.gif

Timeline

Let's start over...

Your fiancee is from Peru, but she is also a legal resident of Mexico.

She has her own Peruvian DNI number and she has a Clave Única de Registro de Población (CURP).

On the National ID number field, the one that should be used, is the one that identifies her a citizen of Peru (other than her passport).

However, if you have doubts, you can always email the Embassy and ask which one should go there. good.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.