aprice138

Police Certificate and New Zealand

3 posts in this topic

Alright so quick question. I am following the EZ Spouse Guide, which is SO useful and wonderful. Thank you to everyone who put it together.

But a quick confirmation. We just put in the I-130 and know that while playing the waiting game we should put together our AoS and IV packets. But the only question is we don't obtain the NZ Police Clearance Certificate, right? Should we just fill out the authorization form and put that with the IV packet?

Thanks for any help!

By the way, this is the authorization form I think we need:

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/pk3_supplements/ACK-PK3-ENGL-0002-0903.pdf

10/25/10 .. Met in Auckland, NZ

09/05/12 .. Got Married in Santa Barbara, CA

USCIS:

09/26/12 .. I-130 Sent

10/07/12 .. I-130 Returned. Checkmarks did not print. Doh!

10/15/12 .. I-130 Sent AGAIN

10/19/12 .. NOA1 date

11/20/12 .. File was transferred to my "local field office" (Seattle)

12/14/12 .. Touch! Officially online!

01/22/13 .. NOA2 date (95 days)

NVC:

01/28/13 .. NVC receives case

02/11/13 .. Case number assigned

02/12/13 .. AOS bill paid

02/14/13 .. AOS bill shown PAID

02/14/13 .. AOS packet sent

02/26/13 .. AOS Checklist received

02/26/13 .. IV bill paid

02/26/13 .. IV packet and AOS Checklist packet sent

03/06/13 .. IV bill shown PAID

03/08/13 .. IV Checklist sent

03/25/13 .. 2nd AOS Checklist sent

04/04/13 .. Case Complete

Consulate:

04/16/13 .. Medical

05/21/13 .. Interview: Approved!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I can only speak from my experience, though someone direct through NZ and applying for CR1 will answer.

Individuals cannot apply for the appropriate NZ police clearance required for the US visas, it is done through the consulate. So it is correct that the US Consulate will provide you with a form - (yours looks similar to the one Sydney gave me), which they will then obtain the clearance on your behalf.

N400

08 Mar 20: N400 filed online

14 Mar 20: Biometrics scheduled for 31 March - cancelled due to Covid19 shutdown.  

16 Dec 20: Biometrics

12 Feb 21: Interview (approved)

24 Feb 21: Oath Ceremony

ROC

31 Jul 15: ROC (I-751) sent

19 Jan 16: Greencard received

AOS

26 Feb 13: AOS (I-485, I-131, I-765) sent

06 Mar 13: NOA1's received

03 Apr 13: Biometrics completed

12 Sept 13: Interview - Memphis, approved!

Sept 13: Greencard received.

California Service Centre

17 May 12: I-129f sent

23 May 12: NOA1

20 Aug 12: NOA2 (89 days)

20 Nov 12: Interview in Sydney

29 Nov 12: Visa Issued

05 Dec 12: POE Honolulu

20 Dec 12: Wedding day

Alright so quick question. I am following the EZ Spouse Guide, which is SO useful and wonderful. Thank you to everyone who put it together.

But a quick confirmation. We just put in the I-130 and know that while playing the waiting game we should put together our AoS and IV packets. But the only question is we don't obtain the NZ Police Clearance Certificate, right? Should we just fill out the authorization form and put that with the IV packet?

Thanks for any help!

By the way, this is the authorization form I think we need:

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/pk3_supplements/ACK-PK3-ENGL-0002-0903.pdf

Yes you are correct; you need to send the authorization form to the consulate in auckland NOT with the IV packet which goes to the NVC.

I would send the police authorization form at the same time you send your i-864 and ds230's to the NVC.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.