woodsman4cb

Passport type photo

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

My Fiancee read somewhere that the photo for the fiancee visa application needs to she her ears. I could not find where it said that, and the examples that are shown do not always show thier ears. She has taken a picture not showing her ears, and is on the way to the USA. Does she need to have another picture taken showing her ears? Thanks.

[/entry][/code]

s-event.png

[/entry][/code]

event.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

My Fiancee read somewhere that the photo for the fiancee visa application needs to she her ears. I could not find where it said that, and the examples that are shown do not always show thier ears. She has taken a picture not showing her ears, and is on the way to the USA. Does she need to have another picture taken showing her ears? Thanks.

Welcome to the forum.

Found through Google search, Google can be your friend.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/pptphotoreq/pptphotoreq_5333.html

Good luck on your visa journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Here are the photo requirements:

http://travel.state.gov/passport/pptphotoreq/pptphotoreq_5333.html

I don't see it mentioning anything about ears though.

~K1 Visa~
March 10, 2012 - Mailed I-129F
March 15, 2012 - NOA1 received
July 24, 2012 – NOA2 received
July 30, 2012 - NVC Received
August 2, 2012 - NVC sent case to Embassy
August 3, 2012 - Embassy received
August 8, 2012 - Packet 3 received
August 16, 2012 – Received interview date
August 17, 2012 - Packet 4 received
August 17, 2012 - Received medical exam date
August 23, 2012 - Medical exam (PASSED)
September 7, 2012 - Interview (APPROVED)
September 21, 2012 - Visa Received
October 4, 2012 - POE (Miami)

October 19, 2012 - Applied for ssn & driver's permit

October 26, 2012 - Received restricted ssn

December 26, 2012 - Got driver's license using I-94
December 28, 2012 - Got married

~AOS~
February 19, 2013 - Mailed AOS package
February 27, 2013 - Email confirmation of AOS package received
March 7, 2013 - NOA received
March 19, 2013 - Post office returned biometrics appt letter saying it was undeliverable
April 12, 2013 - Appt at local USCIS office/Biometrics appt letter received at local office
April 12, 2013 - Biometrics Appt
April 19, 2013 - Online status says interview date was scheduled and notice was mailed out
April 22, 2013 - NOA received for Interview

May 7, 2013 - EAD & AP was approved
May 23, 2013 - AOS Interview (APPROVED)

May 29, 2013 - Received welcome notice letter

June 1, 2013 - Received greencard

June 3, 2013 - Got driver's license using GC

June 10, 2013 - Received EAD & AP

~ROC~

May 23, 2013 - Became a US Resident

February 22, 2015 - Earliest accepted filing date for ROC

May 23, 2015 - Conditional residency expires

Although is not mentioned, they require not to be covered/fully covered. My wife had the same case and had to re-take the pics the day of the interview... she had to run out of the embassy because her ears were fully covered.

by the way, picture must be with no jewelry of any kind whatsoever . [as an extra note]

Edited by DoneWaiting

"Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all. Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity. It is right and it is duty." -- NAPF page on Oscar Romero

Wife'sTime Line My link

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Although is not mentioned, they require not to be covered/fully covered. My wife had the same case and had to re-take the pics the day of the interview... she had to run out of the embassy because her ears were fully covered.

by the way, picture must be with no jewelry of any kind whatsoever . [as an extra note]

That is rediculous that they require something, yet do not put it in the instructions. Maybe it is the mood of the consuladate? You mentioned that it was her interview that she needed another picture. The picture with hair over the ears was ok for the initial petition? Should I wait for her to send another picture before filing? Thanks

[/entry][/code]

s-event.png

[/entry][/code]

event.png

When at the embassy, they have individuals providing instructions and reviwing the documents prior interview. At that moment you are let know if any documents are missing, and at this time she was inform her pictures were not acceptable. She had to run out and get new ones taken..

That is rediculous that they require something, yet do not put it in the instructions. Maybe it is the mood of the consuladate? You mentioned that it was her interview that she needed another picture. The picture with hair over the ears was ok for the initial petition? Should I wait for her to send another picture before filing? Thanks

"Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all. Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity. It is right and it is duty." -- NAPF page on Oscar Romero

Wife'sTime Line My link

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.