Floxy

anyone travelled to and returned from Nigeria on the EAD/AP

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Thanks Gowon. Yesterday at the abuja embassy, i actually asked the lady the question about what will work, she insists that I have to go through the process of trying to get a visa! I have shown her a number of documentation on the card and what it does including the accompanying notice from USCIS but she insists that EAD/AP is just for employment not travel. I think there's a big disconnect between the USCIS and the Embassy on this card, which is quite ridiculous and embarassing.

I am just wondering if you received the EAD/AP card where it stated on the bottom "NOT VALID TO REENTRY TO US". This could be the reason for denial to boarding or why the Embassy insisted not a valid travel document.

http://imminfo.com/R...-%2520front.jpg

or the one with "SERVES AS I-512 ADVANCE PAROLE" ?

http://www.laborimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Sample-Combined-EAD_AP-Card.jpg

Edited by dandk

Filed: Timeline

OP, regarding this "Q1. How is this card different from the current Employment Authorization Document (EAD)?

A1. The card looks similar to the current Employment Authorization Document (EAD) but will include text that reads, "Serves as I-512 Advance Parole". A card with this text will serve as both an employment authorization and Advance Parole document."

What does yours say?

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am just wondering if you received the EAD/AP card where it stated on the bottom "NOT VALID TO REENTRY TO US". This could be the reason for denial to boarding or why the Embassy insisted not a valid travel document.

http://imminfo.com/R...-%2520front.jpg

or the one with "SERVES AS I-512 ADVANCE PAROLE" ?

http://www.laborimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Sample-Combined-EAD_AP-Card.jpg

Of course it is the one that states "serves as I-512 Advance Parole" The people were plain ignorant and did not want to do anything about their ignorance. I am back now with the same card but hard to travel to Europe first and returned to the US from there They Europeans were more knowlegdable about the card and i had no problem whatsoever from then on.

Filed: Timeline

Of course it is the one that states "serves as I-512 Advance Parole" The people were plain ignorant and did not want to do anything about their ignorance. I am back now with the same card but hard to travel to Europe first and returned to the US from there They Europeans were more knowlegdable about the card and i had no problem whatsoever from then on.

Smashing news, I'm so happy for you :thumbs:

You should be vocal about your experience. Perhaps a local news channel might be interested.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.