Mike & Celeste

Married->K3->Abandoned before AOS->Divorced-Engaged to Same person->K1 #1 BAYLIS

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So my fiancée(ex-wife) have a situation we'd like to hear your concerns or lack thereof.

Celeste (from Texas) & myself (from Canada) met 10 years ago.

We got married in 2003, and did the K3 visa route.

I moved to the states in 2004 with the K3 visa. We continued the process and applied for adjustment of status.

We had problems and I moved back to Canada abandoning my AOS.

We are now engaged to be married (wedding will be late may 2013) again after reconciling. Had a few trips this past year and are madly in love again. :)

We just mailed off our I-129F application today and are just curious if anyone thinks we might encounter any problems. All evidence of this and documentation,(photos, flights, hotels, divorce decree, etc.) were provided with the package.

Looking forward to your thoughts!

Sincerely,

Michael & Celeste

post-140496-0-54159500-1348769012_thumb.jpg

Timeline

So my fiancée(ex-wife) have a situation we'd like to hear your concerns or lack thereof.

I moved to the states in 2004 with the K3 visa. We continued the process and applied for adjustment of status.

We are now engaged to be married (wedding will be late may 2013) again after reconciling. Had a few trips this past year and are madly in love again. :)

We just mailed off our I-129F application today and are just curious if anyone thinks we might encounter any problems. All evidence of this and documentation,(photos, flights, hotels, divorce decree, etc.) were provided with the package.

Sincerely,

Michael & Celeste

post-140496-0-47084500-1348769639_thumb.jpg

To make this clear to others,

Same female, you married, then divorced, now engaed to remarry again.

K3, than AOS abandoned, and now applying for a K1.

K1 interview will have questions surrounding your K3 and abandonded AOS.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Sincerely,

Michael & Celeste

Hi Michael,

I don't see why you would have any issues. You were married to her before, so it might even play in your favor to prove certain things, such as on going relationship.

I wish you the best of luck rose.gif

Celeste, what a gorgeous name tongue.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Can't understand why you'd choose the K1 this time. Another adjustment of status, inability to work when entering the US, scrutiny of the reasons for remarrying, etc.

Marrying now (can have a big party/celebration, etc. at a later date) and petitioning for the CR1 spouse visa would be a cheaper and better alternative.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

Sincerely,

Michael & Celeste

Sorry, yes we were divorced after I moved back to Canada in 2006.

We are now engaged to be married again and are pursuing the K1 Visa route. :)

Edited by BAYLIS

Timeline

Oh sorry. I see that in the subject line now.

Hope your wedding plans aren't set in stone in case you don't get the visa in time. What Consulate will you be going through?

Also in agreement with Anh Map that a CR-1 visa is superior to the K-1.

We just sent the I-129F package to the Dallas LockBox today and will be using the Vancouver Consulate for the interview.

Filed: Timeline

:wow:

i don't think it will be a problem as long that you guys will proof that this time this relationship "IT WILL WORK OUT".

they might question you guys a lot than usually..but just be ready i mean obviously this is normal in a relationship break up and make up lol

hey congrats for the second time around...i hope it will be for good (FOREVER :blush: )

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

Timeline

:wow:

i don't think it will be a problem as long that you guys will proof that this time this relationship "IT WILL WORK OUT".

they might question you guys a lot than usually..but just be ready i mean obviously this is normal in a relationship break up and make up lol

hey congrats for the second time around...i hope it will be for good (FOREVER :blush: )

Thanks, we were only 20 when we got married the first time around. We're much more mature now and are just as much in love if not more now. :)

We're very excited to get things back on track. I hope everything goes smoothly with the K1 process!

Edited by BAYLIS

Filed: Timeline

We just sent the I-129F package to the Dallas LockBox today and will be using the Vancouver Consulate for the interview.

Your relationship might be scrutinized more than usual, but you didn't do anything illegal the last time around. You did leave as you were supposed to. The consulates do know that sometimes things don't work out. I think you'll be good as long as you're able to prove a strong relationship.

I don't think you'll be able to interview at the Vancouver consulate. I'm not Canadian so shoot me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure you'll be making a trip to Montreal.

Timeline

I don't think you'll be able to interview at the Vancouver consulate. I'm not Canadian so shoot me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure you'll be making a trip to Montreal.

Canada does indeed process K1 visas at the Vancouver consulate :) It's just the IR-1's that all go through Montreal.

Ex27m5.png MbP5m4.png

VJsig.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.