elkhunter

I-864 #25 and I-864A #11 total income

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife's cousin petitioned her mother from the Philippines and got approved last week. She (wife's cousin) is now preparing for I 864. Her situation is like this:

She will be the the Sponsor for her mother and she will fill up I-864.

Her income is not sufficient so, she will use her husbands income and he is going to fill up I-864A.

Info about her current source of income:

She is self employed

She is receiving SSA benefits from her husband

She is also the one receiving SSA benefits for their minor daughter.

Info about husbands current source of income

SSA benefits (disability benefits)

Other pension benefits( taxable)

My questions are:

1. For her current income on question #23 I-864 form, she is going to put her current self employed income, her own SSA benefit and her daughters SSA benefit since she is the representative payee for her minor daughter, is this correct?

2. 24b. House members income, that would be her husband's income this would be his SSA benefits and his pension correct?

3. On #25 what number is she going to put here? They filed their taxes jointly, and the line 22 on their form 1040 is her self employed income plus her husbands taxable pension.

4. And on I-864a total income of her husband what is she going to put?

I read different post about what to put on the total income but there are different answers. Some says put their line 22 since they filed jointly. Some says determined their individual income and that should be " their" total income.

If we will put their separate income in I-864 and I864A it wouldn't match their total income line 22 on form 1040 because their SSA benefit is not included to the line 22 instead it was on line 17.

Please give us a clear inputs. Thank you.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

My wife's cousin petitioned her mother from the Philippines and got approved last week. She (wife's cousin) is now preparing for I 864. Her situation is like this:

She will be the the Sponsor for her mother and she will fill up I-864.

Her income is not sufficient so, she will use her husbands income and he is going to fill up I-864A.

Info about her current source of income:

She is self employed

She is receiving SSA benefits from her husband

She is also the one receiving SSA benefits for their minor daughter.

Info about husbands current source of income

SSA benefits (disability benefits)

Other pension benefits( taxable)

My questions are:

1. For her current income on question #23 I-864 form, she is going to put her current self employed income, her own SSA benefit and her daughters SSA benefit since she is the representative payee for her minor daughter, is this correct?

2. 24b. House members income, that would be her husband's income this would be his SSA benefits and his pension correct?

3. On #25 what number is she going to put here? They filed their taxes jointly, and the line 22 on their form 1040 is her self employed income plus her husbands taxable pension.

4. And on I-864a total income of her husband what is she going to put?

I read different post about what to put on the total income but there are different answers. Some says put their line 22 since they filed jointly. Some says determined their individual income and that should be " their" total income.

If we will put their separate income in I-864 and I864A it wouldn't match their total income line 22 on form 1040 because their SSA benefit is not included to the line 22 instead it was on line 17.

Please give us a clear inputs. Thank you.

In this situation, for the past income they would both state, where asked, the line 22 figure plus line 17. For current income, they each add their income from all sources together with the self employed income being the business income from the 2011 tax return, line 12.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 3 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

So does this mean I can actually use

Representative Payees on Social Security as additional income on the I-134 as well? I have 2 sons, whom I am the Guardian/representative for and if I can actually include this as income, I can meet the 125% required:):):) Please someone, let me know if this is true?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.