RnB

Beware of Sexual Contact

26 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi! yun na nga sis eh, i had my medical after my period last july. i did it as soon as i got my case number (way before i had an appointment letter from nvc) because i learned here on VJ that there is a possibility of having to go through sputum culture. back then, 100% sure na di ako mabuntis kasi wala dito asawa ko. yung kanina kasi na pagbalik ko was to get my sputum culture result pero di ko talaga naisip na magiging big deal yung one and only sexual contact ko with my husband since july...medyo tampo lang ako kasi sa dinami-dami ng mga instructions nilang binigay sa akin, never man lang binanggit na "bawal po kayong mag-sexual contact ha..." or something. they should make it SOP to give that warning/instruction. anyway, ok na ako now..nakapag-vent out na kasi. i just hope na wala nang magkaroon ng ganitong experience kasi kakagulat talaga..at nakakakaba. (pero wala pa ring tatalo sa kaba nung maghintay ng result ng sputum culture na thankfully ay nalampasan ko na.)

thanks for wishing me luck. :-)

(oh my, i just realized i replied in the vernacular...i must be really sleepy already..sorry, to those who don't understand filipino.)

yeah right, wla talagang instruction na bawal ang sexual contact before vaccine, ganun din ako sa medical ko. kaya nga some people from visa journey aware yung iba ang iba hindi pa kaya, meron na rin nag post about this topic, ako din nag post:(

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

OM sorry to hear about this one guys, well dont worry just try to understand it :(

OH MARY CONCEIVED WITHOUT SIN, PLS PRAY FOR US WHO HAVE RECOURSE TO thee

^^^Pregnancy tests are not always accurate.

Note: If you get the vaccinations at St. Lukes, it may set you back a few days or, possibly, a week or more. However, here's something you might want to look into:

K-1'ers have the option to waive the vaccinations at St. Lukes, and then get the vaccinations in the U.S. before they adjust their status. However, you are a CR-1'er. I don't know if CR-1'ers are allowed to do the same, but it's something you might want to check out. If you are allowed to waive the St. Lukes vaccinations, you could do so, and it would save you some time. You might want to contact St. Lukes and find out about it. Or, maybe another CR-1'er will chime in with their experience.

thanks for this suggestion. i noticed that in the paper that slmcec gave to me yesterday, they put a check on the bottom part which say i am "eligible for a blanket waiver.." or something to that effect. now i am beginning to think that they might be just waiting for me to make a request or am i understanding it the wrong way? the other option was to request due to religious reasons which the daughter of our pastor actually did..i just didn't feel like i had to do it before..plus my parents would rather i have the vaccinations. oh well, we have at least two weeks to think over this..we might contact st.luke's or the embassy if we don't get more information online.

I knew about the menstruation thing, but I had no idea about the sexual contact thing (and I scour these boards like crazy due to the complicated mess my specific case had gotten into, lol). I suppose I can use this to tease my fiance since she couldn't stop telling me how all these girls were with their significant others while going through the medical process this week. :D

oh, wow..i didn't know some girls end up swapping tales of "adventure" as they go through medical exam. :-D

This happen to us also because they asked if I was there with her. No problems, Anne returned before leaving because she didnt want to wait for me to return to fly together.

good for you for having made it through. i noticed she received her visa 14 days after her interview..did she have to wait for it to arrive at her home or did she chose the pickup at 2Go option? i ask because we are considering choosing the pickup option at robinson's ermita or mall of asia; we think that would be quicker.

Congrats :dance: :dance:

I know how you feel.But I don't think they mean to harm your feeling by not giving your vaccine. Like they mention it's risky...god forbids if you’re indeed pregnant you don't want to have a side effect that you might regret doing later on.

If I were in your situation I will probably just go on with the flow. I will not take the risk...my visa could wait in few days/months/even years. But NOT the life of my own child that he/she will have abnormality for the rest of his/her life.

yes, you are right. i realized that too eventually. i guess i was just shocked and worried about how my husband would need to rebook his ticket another time and have to spend more and also ask his boss (who has already been very considerate by letting him be off of work for 3 weeks) for more days off. it's a bit frustrating to think that after rebooking his flight once and filing for his visa waiver extension, he would still end up flying back to the US before me. we could have waited until everything was final to rebook his ticket but the plane fares are rising steadily and we didn't want to wait too long since rebooking would mean paying the fare difference of his original flight and the new flight.

That is a bunch of whoo hooie. They shouldn't be asking that stuff. They must have voodoo Dr's doing the tests, maybe next they will say you could get pregnant from oral sex.

i think the intention is good (avoiding abnormalities in babies due to vaccination while the woman is pregnant) but they sure lacked in giving instructions and/or warnings that we could not have sexual contact during our fertile period before the end of our medical exam. to some people a clear warning/instruction might not be necessary but some, like me, would have been benefited by it.

thumbs+down+col.gif

i hope this is for the situation/topic, not for me. :-)

OM sorry to hear about this one guys, well dont worry just try to understand it :(

thanks!

This same thing happened to my wife during her medical. I did write about it, but it has been a couple of years, so it probably would have been hard to find. Unfortunately you will have to wait until your period to go back and do the pregnancy test (it is an extra fee also) Hopefully you have regular periods and having contact doesnt throw it off. Good luck!

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

This same thing happened to my wife during her medical. I did write about it, but it has been a couple of years, so it probably would have been hard to find. Unfortunately you will have to wait until your period to go back and do the pregnancy test (it is an extra fee also) Hopefully you have regular periods and having contact doesnt throw it off. Good luck!

thank you. i agree, i'm hoping my period comes on time next month so i can go back to st.luke's while i have it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.