Neonred

Obama's Health Care Legacy

53 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sure, anybody can get health care in the United States, if they can afford it.

For example, Dicky Cheney didn't have to worry about paying for his heart transplant. First of all, he was covered by government-controlled health care, and even if not, he's so wealthy that he can't spend all of his money anyway. Same for Mitt Romeny. He, too, benefits from government-paid health care and with $250,000,000.00 in the sock, he probably owns an entire wing in some Mormon hospital somewhere.

I, however, could not pay $300,000 out of my pocket, and my guess is that most Americans can't. Don't assume that people choose to live in fear of getting sick and consequently broke of it, but if health care is so expensive that people can't afford it, they have no choice. Obamacare, once fully implemented 15 months from now, will change that. Sure, it's a poor system compared to universal health care or the public option, but keep in mind that the only reason we couldn't get those is the Republicans. The ONLY reason.

No the only reason is because this is supposed to be the land of the free yet liberal fvcking hypocrites CHEERED at the passed of Obamacare. A health care law that turns over the American people to the corporations they despise. It's hilarious.

The problem with health care isn't insurance, it never has been. However as long as people look towards the guy who pays their bills for them instead of looking at the person who is actually doing the billing (in every corner of health care) we're going to have this issue. Even with so-called universal care, it'd be expensive and we'd be taxed to oblivion. I guess that's what people want though. Their problems to be paid for by someone else. The irony of that being is that is exact what people like Big Dog gripe about on here all the time. Having to pay for someone else's health care. He can't see his own irony and that's fine. It is what it is. I don't not feel for your situation either. I just am stating the reasons behind how that ended up working out for you. We shouldn't need insurance, we shouldn't need help. The problem all along is and always has been the COST of health care itself.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

No the only reason is because this is supposed to be the land of the free yet liberal fvcking hypocrites CHEERED at the passed of Obamacare. A health care law that turns over the American people to the corporations they despise. It's hilarious.

The problem with health care isn't insurance, it never has been. However as long as people look towards the guy who pays their bills for them instead of looking at the person who is actually doing the billing (in every corner of health care) we're going to have this issue. Even with so-called universal care, it'd be expensive and we'd be taxed to oblivion. I guess that's what people want though. Their problems to be paid for by someone else. The irony of that being is that is exact what people like Big Dog gripe about on here all the time. Having to pay for someone else's health care. He can't see his own irony and that's fine. It is what it is. I don't not feel for your situation either. I just am stating the reasons behind how that ended up working out for you. We shouldn't need insurance, we shouldn't need help. The problem all along is and always has been the COST of health care itself.

Take two aspirin and call me in the morning!

See, that was cheap. It might not get you through the night with that MI you just suffered but it was cheap. Cheap is very easily attained but you are one of only a very few that prioritize things that way!

Filed: Timeline
The irony of that being is that is exact what people like Big Dog gripe about on here all the time. Having to pay for someone else's health care. He can't see his own irony and that's fine.

The only irony here is that you have no idea what you're talking about. When buying insurance, one always enters into a risk pool that one pays into and draws from only in the event that the insured risk materializes. That's the very concept of insurance. I have no problem being part of that risk pool. But when my risk pool now compensates for freeloaders, then I have a problem. When my risk pool is charged for services rendered to people that do not participate in the risk pool and I carry the burden of these parasites then that's not cool.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

The only irony here is that you have no idea what you're talking about. When buying insurance, one always enters into a risk pool that one pays into and draws from only in the event that the insured risk materializes. That's the very concept of insurance. I have no problem being part of that risk pool. But when my risk pool now compensates for freeloaders, then I have a problem. When my risk pool is charged for services rendered to people that do not participate in the risk pool and I carry the burden of these parasites then that's not cool.

The thing is, is that your so-called "risk pool" isn't charged by the "freeloaders" - Those costs aren't passed on to insurance companies. It's a myth. A huge myth at that. Insurance companies don't pay more than what the actual "cost" plus a little bit of a service it. A doctor can charge $5,000 for something all day long, but that insurance company is only going to pay them the $1,500 the procedure is worth.

Hospitals end up writing off A LOT of money at the end of the year. If anyone pays for the "free loaders" in public hospitals it's the donors and the local taxpayers (if applies in that area).

Doesn't make a damn bit of difference to your insurance provider and it never has.

It's a boogey man argument to sell people to the corporate insurance lobby and big pharma.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

The thing is, is that your so-called "risk pool" isn't charged by the "freeloaders" - Those costs aren't passed on to insurance companies. It's a myth. A huge myth at that. Insurance companies don't pay more than what the actual "cost" plus a little bit of a service it. A doctor can charge $5,000 for something all day long, but that insurance company is only going to pay them the $1,500 the procedure is worth.

Hospitals end up writing off A LOT of money at the end of the year. If anyone pays for the "free loaders" in public hospitals it's the donors and the local taxpayers (if applies in that area).

Doesn't make a damn bit of difference to your insurance provider and it never has.

It's a boogey man argument to sell people to the corporate insurance lobby and big pharma.

Some insurance companies are now doing as you say. It has not always been that way. Hospitals still charge the 'private pay' patients what they want and it is often exorbitant! This is necessary if they want to remain in business. These 'private pay' patients are the ones that are subsidizing the free-loaders. For some hospitals even this has not been enough and they are going out of business. For those of you in the well-to-do suburbs and exurbs who think you have little to worry about, consider this. As the big urban hospitals go under where do you think those patients and ambulances will go? Yes, your cushy suburban hospital will be next in line to get hit with huge amounts of unreimbursed care expenses. It is not a sane option to just return to the broken system that existed prior to 'Obamacare'! Single payer 'Medicare-for-all' offers the greatest potential to deliver quality care while controlling costs but you are right about the big lobbying dollars of big pharma and the insurance lobby blocking that. The repubs are totally in the bag, the demos only partially. Enough, though, that single payer has no chance in todays climate in DC, even if the demos win control of the house and filibuster proof control in the senate. We have the best government that MONEY CAN BUY!!

Filed: Timeline

What a load of bull. You make it sound like insurance companies unilaterally decide what they pay a provider. That's not how it works. What insurance companies pay providers are negotiated rates. The fact that providers know that they will provide a certain percentage of care for which they will not receive payment is factored into the negotiated rates. That means that the negotiated rates include the uncompensated care providers expect to incur. Just as retailers know that they will lose a certain percentage to theft and factor that into the price they charge for a product. And just as you pay for the stuff that thieves take out of a store you pay for care that the uninsured receive and don't pay for. That cost is well over $1,000.00 in additional premium cost for an insured person.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

What an absolutely outrageous, unamerican thing to have happen. You know, of course, that is one of the evil elements of Obamacare! :rofl:

Absolutely!!! I proposed we use the refund money to buy bibles and flags, and distribute them to people at stop lights, so that we can put this evil money to do the Lordah's work!!!!!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

The money the freeloaders cost the hospitals gets passed on to the hospital operational costs which will be included in their budget which will determine the cost of their services which will reflect in the prices we pay which is passed along to the insurance companies which in turn will end up in the price we all pay for our premiums.

If what you propose is true, nobody would need health insurance. You forgot to mention there is so much they can write off at the end of the year and that donors and taxpayers contribute a finite amount of money.

No matter how you look at it, someone else always ends up paying for those who refuse to get health insurance.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org